View File

Coming soon to a draugr decapitation near you! Authentic Scottish Basket Hilt Broadswords! Sharp enough to impale a dragon and still cut a tomato razor thin!

OK, all cheese aside... What Vioxsis and I have for you all is a collection of masterfully rendered Scottish Broadswords in 2K textures. The hilt design is based on the Cold Steel Scottish Broadsword:

Our collection includes Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Nordic Steel (ala Dragonborn), Glass, Stalhrim, and Daedric. All weapons have balanced stats compared to vanilla swords, and are completely craftable, temperable, and enchantable. The Glass and Stalhrim swords have transparencies. You can probably see them in the pictures. Daedric sword has a proper daedric red glow set also.

I've also managed to populate them into leveled lists for merchants and loot. They SHOULD be there so long as you're using a bashed patch or merged patch. They've tested present for me in merchant and caravan vendor sales lists, on a few bandits and being carried by NPCs also. Most notable there was Talsgar the Wanderer seen wearing a steel one when my character was level 8.

I also scattered a few "Worn" versions of the Iron Basket Hilt Broadsword around. One is in Helgen Keep and one is in Riverwood in Gerdur's logging mill. These ones aren't quite up to par BUT can be cleaned up at the FORGE (not grind stone). Once cleaned up, they'll look like normal Iron versions (tassel and basket hilt liner added) and be temperable and enchantable.

As a general guide line on stats... The Basket Hilts will do 1 point of damage more than the vanilla sword equivalent, usually be 1 unit lighter (depending upon how bulky the vanilla sword looked) and just a hair faster and more valuable. All of which is meant to reflect better crafting technique and rarity (in the case of the slightly higher values). See the pics for base damages with NO skill points or tempering factored in.

FINAL NOTE: Anybody who loves the look of the swords as much as I do, Thank Vioxsis. He put in a ton of work getting the meshes and textures just right and did a top notch job.

Yeah, a little too much fun to be honest, lol.  Great video though, in terms of demonstrating what a half way decently made Basket Hilt can do. :)

I'm going to be re-uploading the file again later tonight.  Apparently some members are having trouble downloading it.  If anybody is having issues, it's also available at the Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13290/?

I'm not sure if I'm going to upload to Bethesda.net or not.  I really do not like the way Bethesda has treated modders and mod users the last year or so.

• 4 weeks later...