I f*cking hate doing weight rigging in Blender. It's worse and far more tedious than doing time charts at work.

I've made a leather loincloth piece and weight painted it so that it works perfectly with the Kenshi skeleton, but when I try to adjust the stomach part in the character creator in-game, the damn thing expands far more than it should both front and back.

1 hour ago, Lamadi said:

It's not the only thing that annoys me with rigging this thing, but it's by far the one that annoys me the most.

hmmm. my only thought is that it should be partially weighted to another bone to dampen the expansion

53 minutes ago, Ears said:

This problem was solved here.

"Pantsu Pantsu Pantsu". Numerous panties.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1697540489

"Cute stuff". Among other things, there is a loincloth.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1677636895

Thanks, but doesn't do me any good if I can't see how they did the rigging / weight painting. As far as I know, I need to see the Blender document they made the assets in to access that information.

22 hours ago, Lamadi said:

It's not the only thing that annoys me with rigging this thing, but it's by far the one that annoys me the most.

image.png.bc73d96b2fc2e7057ec07dd9db49562e.png

You can just transfer the weights from the body to the clothing by usual Blender or with addons https://blendermarket.com/products/quick-attach--transfer-weight

Also the original Kenshi body have a lot of weight issues, you can use a fixed version posted in the thread

15 hours ago, Kargrin said:

You can just transfer the weights from the body to the clothing by usual Blender or with addons https://blendermarket.com/products/quick-attach--transfer-weight

Also the original Kenshi body have a lot of weight issues, you can use a fixed version posted in the thread

Any chance you could give me a ink to the post? I tried searching for 'Fixed' and 'Fixed body, but I don't think it was the correct keywords.

Will try that addon though.

EDIT: Okay, that addon was SO much better than what I've been doing. Fixed the stomach-slider issue completely.

Only problem is that it introduced some other issues, and by using the addon I kinda lost the ability to weight paint manually.

Edited by Lamadi
  • 2 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP ME!

I would like to take off her pants, but I don't know which mod is responsible for this, but she won't get naked.

I understand that this problem is my fault because I did not manage the mods and textures properly.

I struggled to find the cause of this, but could not.

Can someone please tell me the cause of these problems? (Which mod or textures

Kenshi Screenshot 2024.02.15 - 15.21.07.39.png

Kenshi Screenshot 2024.02.15 - 15.21.10.44.png

Kenshi Screenshot 2024.02.15 - 15.21.22.12.png

looks like a skin texture issue dunno the mod but all you can do is go through your mod folders  and look for a Kenshi\mods\Genesis\character\skins\human_female (may not have a genesis folder on yours thats just the mod my game pulls skins from) folder, then look through the .dds files until you find that skin. then replace it with something else from the mod index in my sig. if you accidently replaced your base files those are in \Kenshi\data\character\skins\human_female

To nadafichtner

Apparently you have specific 18+Nude Body Mod but somehow you add (specific another body mod) that replace the actual nude texture with custom default underwear or bra because that was the culprit all along.

(Because i learn this the hard way multiple times)

In your preference modloader:

1. Try to move that mod (another body mod) lower than your actual nude body mod, all of them even there are patch mod.

or

2. you have some sort of patch from body mod (try to put that mod higher than other body mod) but top on your actual body mod that need that patch.

Hope this help

Edited by BOYwhoCRY

To kaine3d,Kargrin ,BOYwhoCRY 

The problem solved!

There were character and human-female files in a mod called BiganExp, and it was the cause of the problem.

I did not properly manage the mods and textures, which caused this problem...

From now on, I will manage it thoroughly!

Thank you so much for your kind advice for this problem!

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

It is about the animations in the dancers mod.

The vanilla greenlander male.shek male,ikemen race male do not play animation when placed on the dance table.

Other races such as shek female,greenlander female.jrpg female have no problem at all.

(for example, as shown in the picture below).

(I have patched all the animation mods).

Some other animation mods play on all races without any problem. For example, CMKilling mod, idol stands, etc.

Other animation mods I have installed are
More Combat Stance MIABC+
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1875677719

and More Combat Animation
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1691422256

I would appreciate it if someone could reply to me.

PS.

I found that not everything in the dancers mod does not play, but some animations do not play.

The bed animation included in this mod was also played by shek male , greenlander male, and ikemen male.

Kenshi Screenshot 2024.02.21 - 02.00.53.53.png

Kenshi Screenshot 2024.02.21 - 02.01.40.02.png

Kenshi Screenshot 2024.02.21 - 02.02.02.51.png

Edited by esnamaste
On 2/8/2023 at 2:54 PM, randomsaxlab said:

A tweak and fix to the Blademaster mod made by Kargin.

The changes include

- Texture changes to fit the base game armor.

- Some armor are now paintable.

- Tweaked the stats.

- All icons now use the in-game generated icon instead.

- Mesh and weight fixes.

- One bulk reseach.

- Some additional armor.

20230201041831_2.jpg

20230201041831_4.jpg

20230201041831_3.jpg

20230201042017_1.jpg

Start-Blademaster.7z 43.15 MB · 1,203 downloads

Hi, I love the designs and I would like to be able to try them but I still don't really understand how the mod itself works, can it only be obtained from a new game? Can they be manufactured? or are they recruitable npc? I see that the mod has been in the works for a while and I'm worried that I may have accidentally skipped something, thanks (I'm using a translator)

16 hours ago, kaine3d said:

try again with female char's if it still don't work than the animation isn't attached to the race

After several other measures, all males (specifically green lander males, shek males ikemen males) did not play the "table dancer" dancers mod. 

As mentioned above, the other animations included in this mod play fine.

I checked the FCS to see if any of the animations from the race section had been added, and they all had.

7 hours ago, esnamaste said:

After several other measures, all males (specifically green lander males, shek males ikemen males) did not play the "table dancer" dancers mod. 

As mentioned above, the other animations included in this mod play fine.

I checked the FCS to see if any of the animations from the race section had been added, and they all had.

The animation packages are tied to gender (for example how, males and females have different animations for all the xxx mods), and by the looks of it the mod maker hasn't added the dance animation to males. In the FCS, if you go into the dance animation files you'll find that there are dancerfemale.skeleton(& mesh) and dancermale.skeleton(& mesh).

You could see what happens if you copy dancerfemale.skeleton and rename it to dancermale.skeleton but it will almost certainly break the animations due to the different rigging between the male and female skeletons. Other than that, I think you might be out of luck short of using something like blender to add those animations to the mod somehow.

Untitled - Copy.png