Unable to save game

I 'm pretty sure this problem has shown up before.  All of a sudden neither quicksave, filesave, nor exitsave works.

As soon as I try to save I get a CTD.

I did remove some older mods, but I have done this before without problems.

I tried a restart, only to discover that the menu function did not work, almost like having no Pipboy.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I 'm pretty sure this problem has shown up before.  All of a sudden neither quicksave, filesave, nor exitsave works.

As soon as I try to save I get a CTD.

I did remove some older mods, but I have done this before without problems.

I tried a restart, only to discover that the menu function did not work, almost like having no Pipboy.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

If you have a mod that alters the Pipboy in any way, disable it.

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

yes, I have the map enhancer, but I believe it is just a plugin as opposed to a full on mod.

But that still does not address the inability to do saves.  Even if I can use the pipboy in the "startover", I am still unable to do a save without CTD

I have solved the problem.  :):D:P:lol:

It turned out to be a VOTW   ESM file I removed because the mod was not working any more.

Little did I know that the mod had dependences from other mods.

That and the game does not like it when you remove esm files.

• 3 years later...
On 10/29/2017 at 8:30 PM, SexyTop69 said:

do you have New Calibers? I had to downgrade to the last version because I could not save the game with it installed.

If you still have NMM sometimes the mod version number disappears and gets replaced with a " ? " just delete that and re download the mod, if you use Vortex or MO2 then its probably done differently