I know it's probably a dumb question: Is it compatible with UNP or CBBE bodies? And would it need to be build with bodyslide for other bodytypes?

It's just a helmet so I guess it should be compatible with other body types and no, you probably won't need to use bodyslide to build these helmets for other bodytypes.

can you make a version that only female helmets change?

That can be done but then the mod won't be a replacer anymore since armor & clothing options applied to both gender unless you decided to create new female-only race

That can be done but then the mod won't be a replacer anymore since armor & clothing options applied to both gender unless you decided to create new female-only race

There are seperate meshes paths for male and female in the armour addon section, so you could in theory point to vanilla helmet meshes for the males and the custom meshes for the females, which may depending on how things are set up by you allow this.

There are seperate meshes paths for male and female in the armour addon section, so you could in theory point to vanilla helmet meshes for the males and the custom meshes for the females, which may depending on how things are set up by you allow this.

I tried to do so but the problem is that the "biped object" list applied to both gender. Hence, should the male mesh point to the vanilla one, other meshes such as hair would stick out of the helmet which might look kinda weird, don't you think?

Otherwise, maybe I've missed something, it would be nice if you could help me with this.

I tried to do so but the problem is that the "biped object" list applied to both gender. Hence, should the male mesh point to the vanilla one, other meshes such as hair would stick out of the helmet which might look kinda weird, don't you think?

Otherwise, maybe I've missed something, it would be nice if you could help me with this.

Not really noticed that but there again I tend to want to just hide every bodies helmets/hats and hoods, so never really bothered much, I just knew there were separate meshes for male and female, same as there is with armour, normally if the payer made armour mod has no meshes attached to it for males, I will assign vanilla male meshes for armour appropriate to the stats of the mods armour.

But yeh it would look a bit odd to say the least, though I would imagine depend on which hair the male npc was using it may be useable.