• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This is looking good, - thanks, - I am looking forward to using this in conjunction with Break Armor for Vanilla Armors (although breakable armours do give me horrible recollections of Arcanum) and will be checking to see how the two mods work with the Oblivion immersive mods. Are both the armor packs to be kept seperate, though, or is it fine to merge them, overwriting one of the .esps?

• 4 months later...

The file is still there so there is nothing I can do about it. 4shared has quota's for downloads on a per month basis, so part 2 must have exceeded them. All we can do is wait for the next month. The mediafire link is still working and is the exact same file.

Interesting, never knew about that. So too many people have downloaded that specific file? And was concerned, because the two files are different sizes. Er, from mediafire and 4share, that is.

They are not two different file sizes (both part one's and part two's. They are the exact same thing. I added the 4shared link as a backup to the mediafire when it was wonky for a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Because it is more current or contemporary and has many improved features. And the latest version of gerra6's work is actually Break Armor 1.10f. You can read all of the details here: Break Armor Framework 1.10f gregathit and others contributed a lot of time to both collecting and containing all BU armors that could be found at the time, plus added some new mashups.

The BUFramework by Sizuru on Nexus is much older and has not been updated in quite a while. Nor did anyone here have anything to do with it.

If you DL either and read through the readmes and OPs you should be able to answer your own questions. The short answer is yes, they will work, with some possible modifications or additions to either the INI file and/or NIF file names.

Okay, thanks for the response! I thought it was weird that 1.10 seemed more recently developed than 2.0, so I didn't want to do something regrettable.

Edit: Ah shit. Thought I read through the Break Armor OP, but I didn't. Brain fart, I guess. Sorry, you're right, the needed info was there.

• 3 months later...

With the forum software reversion the links have been messed up.  All the pictures are online and working, but the link code isn't right, so it will have to be fixed by hand.  I'll get around to fixing it eventually, but won't be for several weeks or more.  Just don't have the time right now, sorry.

• 3 months later...

This mod is older than Break Armor itself. This was (originally) made to be compatible with Break Undies, not Break Armor, though BU is not recommended at this point.

You have two choices to get this mod working with BA.

1. Add .ini entries to your BreakArmor.ini file. But probably Greg has already done this for you I think. I don't remember. See if the downloaded archive contains an optional .ini file you missed.

2. Rename all armor files. For example, if the base armor mesh is cuirass.nif, cuirass_ba1.nif (for break stage 1), cuirass_ba2.nif (for break stage 2), .... and so forth.

All you need is to make this work is spelled out in the first couple of sentences of the OP.

This mod (properly installed) and a BU system (use the recommended one).

Also, you need OBSE (this should be assumed for all mods, but some folks new to modding may not realize it).

And yes, you need to activate the esp files for this mod and the BU system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...