How to Fix the SOS Perma-Undies bug!

MODERATORS, PLEASE STICKY THIS USEFUL INFO!

For this tutorial you'll need a few things. 

1. Skyrim

2. SOS

3. TES5Edit

Steps:

-1. Make a clean save, don't remove SOS. Make sure you're not wearing any armor and that you actually have the bug.

0. Make a backup of Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.ESM and Schlongs of Skyrim.esp.

1. Open TES5Edit.

2. Deselect everything, then select SOS - Core.ESM

3. Wait for everything to load.

4. Find "SOS_LItemUnderwear"

5. Right click, and hit remove. When the warning pops up, hit "yes".

6. Close and save the masterfile.

7. Close out of TES5Edit, and relaunch it.

8. Open SOS.esp

9. Find SOS_DefaultUnderwearAA under Armor Addon.

10. Remove it.

11. Find SOS_DefaultUnderwear under Armor.

12. Remove it, then save the file.

13. Now launch Skyrim and load the affected save file. YOU SCHLONG WILL BE MISSING, THIS IS OKAY.

14. Go into the SOS menu, and change your schlong to something else, the close the menu, or restart SOS. Once this is done, your schlong will appear.

15. Go back into the MCM and revert to your desired schlong. Make another hard save, then quit the game.

16. Reinstall/restore SOS's default ESP's and ESM's from before you edited them with TES5Edit.

17. Everything should now be working as normal.

Optionally, you can just leave SOS without reinstalling.

You should also add that you should rebuild your bashed patch if you're using one.

I'm sure people will read your comment.

Thank you so much for this info! I thought I was going to lose two days of gaming by going to a save where I had schlongs. Your instructions worked like a charm!

Thanks, I discovered this just messing around. TES5Edit can remove entire records, so if the perma undies don't exist in the first place, they can't cause problems!

1ye0du.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2017 at 6:16 AM, TheRealMissAmber said:

Why do you have a cat person as your Avatar!?

Never mind don't care!

;)

He's my Skyrim character I did a drawing of.

Zojarr.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good work ! you can also remove ''maleunderwear_0'' and ''maleunderwear_1'' from  meshes/actors/character/character assets  then  '' maleunderwear''and ''maleunderwear_n'' from textures/actors/character/male that will cause you to have no underwear all the time however but It is less complicated If you are a bonehead like me.

On 5/30/2018 at 1:28 PM, jaydensnow said:

This is cool! But I got a problem with NPC having perma undies. Do you know how to fix them? Much appreciated/thank you in advance.

follow the guide I posted, duh.

• 1 month later...

I've been having an issue with the underwear, not quite like the typical "perma undies" problem. When my character or any male NPC is nude, the underwear unequips immediately. But if I put any slot 32 armor on, the underwear equips, and thus clips through my armor. So I decided to just get rid of the underwear entirely, since I would normally never see it anyway due to it instantly unequipping upon being naked. Can I use your record-deleting method and just keep it that way (so ignoring the last few steps about restoring the default plugins)? It would just get rid of the underwear without inhibiting any SOS functions, right?

I swear there used to be a "no underwear" version of SOS in the optional downloads, but I don't see it there anymore.

On 7/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, Siegmeyer said:

I swear there used to be a "no underwear" version of SOS in the optional downloads, but I don't see it there anymore.

Just use TES5Edit to delete the records from the plugin, yes

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, ZMD78 said:

Thanks for the bug fix instructions, ive had this issue for a few days now :)

yeah kind of annoying when you want to have sex but your underwear won't come off

On 10/15/2017 at 5:13 AM, RussianPrince said:

MODERATORS, PLEASE STICKY THIS USEFUL INFO!

For this tutorial you'll need a few things. 

1. Skyrim

2. SOS

3. TES5Edit

Steps:

-1. Make a clean save, don't remove SOS. Make sure you're not wearing any armor and that you actually have the bug.

0. Make a backup of Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.ESM and Schlongs of Skyrim.esp.

1. Open TES5Edit.

2. Deselect everything, then select SOS - Core.ESM

3. Wait for everything to load.

4. Find "SOS_LItemUnderwear"

5. Right click, and hit remove. When the warning pops up, hit "yes".

6. Close and save the masterfile.

7. Close out of TES5Edit, and relaunch it.

8. Open SOS.esp

9. Find SOS_DefaultUnderwearAA under Armor Addon.

10. Remove it.

11. Find SOS_DefaultUnderwear under Armor.

12. Remove it.

13. Now launch Skyrim and load the affected save file. YOU SCHLONG WILL BE MISSING, THIS IS OKAY.

14. Go into the SOS menu, and change your schlong to something else, the close the menu. Once this is done, your schlong will appear.

15. Go back into the MCM and revert to your desired schlong. Make another hard save, then quit the game.

16. Reinstall/restore SOS's default ESP's and ESM's from before you edited them with TES5Edit.

17. Everything should now be working as normal.

Thanks a million. A sudden case of unremoveable underwear for Dovahkin was about to drive me crazy. Commando is way better.

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 5:44 AM, hamletsdead said:

Thanks a million. A sudden case of unremoveable underwear for Dovahkin was about to drive me crazy. Commando is way better.

• 1 month later...

Just so you all know, these fixes don't work anymore. Things have been changed and updated, and some of the files one must access to fix things are no longer there. I only know because my in game hubby developed the 'perma-undies' glitch and I went to fix it. No dice. If anyone else comes up with a solution, let me know. I haven't found one yet. :/

15 hours ago, rosesandlilacs73 said:

Just so you all know, these fixes don't work anymore. 

It still works, I just fixed it on my personal game yesterday.

Things have been changed and updated, and some of the files one must access to fix things are no longer there.

This is for Skyrim Classic, not SSE.

If anyone else comes up with a solution, let me know.

See Post #1. If it's not working for you then you're doing it wrong.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:30 AM, RussianPrince said:

It still works, I just fixed it on my personal game yesterday.

This is for Skyrim Classic, not SSE.

See Post #1. If it's not working for you then you're doing it wrong.

I am playing oldrim. I'm also using vortex, which I think has something to do with it because I followed the instructions to the letter. For me, there is no "Armor Addon" shown for me to remove SOS_DefaultUnderwear in TES5edit or even in my files for that matter. Nor is there "Armor" shown for me do anything with. And yes, I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled SOS Full. Same thing. Lucky enough for me, I figured out what caused the bug and went back to an old save, so my issue was resolved. 

It wasn't that I did something incorrect. I believe Vortex is preventing me from doing anything at all. Does that make sense?

8 hours ago, rosesandlilacs73 said:

I am playing oldrim. I'm also using vortex, which I think has something to do with it because I followed the instructions to the letter.

Vortex sucks monkey dick. People really need to stop using Nexus branded managers because they always have a million problems or cause a million problems.

50% of problems can be fixed by not using shitty software.

Switch to Mod Organizer, or manually install mods like I do.

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2019 at 10:34 AM, Basszavior said:

Is there some file i can just download to fix this issue? I dont want to waste my time fixing this thing.

if there was, it wouldn't be a bug. This is your only option and it takes 10 minutes, stop complaining.

3 hours ago, lesliehobe said:

did exactly what you instructed. When I started the game was left with a huge hog between my legs, I thought wow this is great till that thing just layed there. Dead. Went into the MCM menu to change size but only showed that nothing was equipped. Nothing to change to.

then you're missing schlong addons. Re-run the SOS installer and make sure you have at least the smurf addon or vectorplexus addon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 7:01 AM, SuprNova23 said:

How can this fix be applied to SoS SE? 

literally the same way dude, seriously not that hard to figure out 

save game, delete underwear from ESP, load game, reapply schlong, restore original ESP.