How to Fix the SOS Perma-Undies bug!

Trying this, no luck the first try, will try again.

At #6 you say to save & exit, after #12 you do not say to save/exit. Should we not save/exit after the 2nd set of changes?

I dont understand step 16, by reinstalling them the files I removed just get re-added.

Edit: No luck on 2nd try. No idea what im doing wrong.  When I relaunch for #13 im not seeing the schlong missing, and the underwear is still there ( Im looking at other npcs)

Edit 2: Well 24 hours later I disabled and re-enabled the mod via Vortext, and loe and behold it started working. Wish I understood this craziness.  Previous times I actually uninstalled it

On 4/11/2020 at 6:17 AM, SimpleLife said:

At #6 you say to save & exit, after #12 you do not say to save/exit. Should we not save/exit after the 2nd set of changes?

I dont understand step 16, by reinstalling them the files I removed just get re-added.

Edit: No luck on 2nd try. No idea what im doing wrong.  When I relaunch for #13 im not seeing the schlong missing, and the underwear is still there ( Im looking at other npcs)

Edit 2: Well 24 hours later I disabled and re-enabled the mod via Vortext, and loe and behold it started working. Wish I understood this craziness.  Previous times I actually uninstalled it

Ofcourse you have to save and exit, that's how you save the change in the .esp file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 12:17 AM, SimpleLife said:

It's seriously not that hard to understand. Yes you save and exit after #12.

The issue is Vortex. Stop using Vortex, it sucks. Use Mod Organizer.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:57 PM, BlackBeard's Ballsack said:

This worked for me. I reinstalled sos afterwards and followed every step. Try installing/managing with both NMM and MO - Try everything possible until it works 

I avoid managers because they are prone to user error and create problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this was so unbelievably helpful, not only did I endorse the topic, I am following it and favorited to my Favorite's Bar.  I have been trying to ignore that issue for the longest of time.  Never could find the proper guidance on why it was showing or how to remove it.  Finally put in the right search criteria apparently.  Thank you for the help!!!!

On 5/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, nefer385 said:

Wow this was so unbelievably helpful, not only did I endorse the topic, I am following it and favorited to my Favorite's Bar.  I have been trying to ignore that issue for the longest of time.  Never could find the proper guidance on why it was showing or how to remove it.  Finally put in the right search criteria apparently.  Thank you for the help!!!!

welcome

On 5/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, deivater said:

Is there any other way to fix this issue? I dont know, what I am doing wrong. But this issue always come back? I hope sb. knows a way. Thank you.

Follow the guide I posted.

17 hours ago, deivater said:

Does clean save mean, starting a new game?

clean save means make a non-quick and non-auto save. Go to Pause Menu> Save and make a new save that doesn't overwrite any others.

Fastest way is to open the console and type "save new1" without quotes and then hit Enter.

• 4 months later...

I got the perma-unies problem all of a sudden during my playthrough. I'm playing a female character so the problem wasn´t undies on my char but on all male NPC´s.
I followed this guide and it didn't really help. Sure i could get the schlongs back but only by targeting the NPC and changing his package. Bu the next dude to "romance" was again all modest and didn´t want to show his junk. So it seems that I would have to target each NPC separately and fix them. Not my kind of fun.

BUT I FOUND ANOTHER WAY.

What I did was:
1. Load the game and my latest save.

2. Open SOS MCM-menue and under "Mod management" click "Remove SOS"

3. Save the game and quit to desktop

4. Remove (or disable/move esp's) SOS and SOS-mods

5. Start the game and load the save.

6. Save the game and quit to desktop

7. Reinstall (or enable esp's) 

8. Start the game and load the save.

That's it. Every male again got schlongs (allthough new ones, if you had favorite well hung hunk he might now have a tiny worm where once his big trunk hung... or the other way around).

Nope, this wasn't a good way, and it only worked temporarily.

1 hour ago, Leodriz said:

I got the perma-unies problem all of a sudden during my playthrough. I'm playing a female character so the problem wasn´t undies on my char but on all male NPC´s.
I followed this guide and it didn't really help. Sure i could get the schlongs back but only by targeting the NPC and changing his package. Bu the next dude to "romance" was again all modest and didn´t want to show his junk. So it seems that I would have to target each NPC separately and fix them. Not my kind of fun.

that creates a lot of save bloat. 

removing sos in the mcm doesn't remove all the data from your save file.

the way I do it doesn't bug your saves like that.

8 hours ago, Leodriz said:

But for me at least your way just fix it for a single NPC at a time.

then just leave it without the underwear. Don't restore the backup ESP, just use the one you deleted the underwear from.

On 10/27/2020 at 4:38 AM, Prince Rurik of Novgorod said:

then just leave it without the underwear. Don't restore the backup ESP, just use the one you deleted the underwear from.

It seems I got it to work finally. Just removing the underwear from the ESM and ESP left a hole in the crotch of the men.
SO what i did was to change step 14-16 in your guide to:

14. Open SOS MCM and run the "Restart SOS"-function

15. Greate a new hard save

16. Load the hard save

This seems to be working.

Thank you very much.

4 hours ago, Leodriz said:

It seems I got it to work finally. Just removing the underwear from the ESM and ESP left a hole in the crotch of the men.

16. Load the hard save

Thank you very much.

you're welcome. Unfortunately this is one of the only ways to actually fix the issue

I imagine this fix will help with my issue (though I may have to LEAVE the undies removed), but I gotta make sure.

I don't SEEM to have the perma-undies bug, instead, while male NPCs remove undies during sex, they insist on wearing them under their armor. Which means jiggly brown asses clipping through non jiggly Dark Brotherhood armor lol.

Is this the best fix for that issue as well, or is there something else causing it? Thanks!

On 11/3/2020 at 9:22 AM, ShenGo said:

Is this the best fix for that issue as well, or is there something else causing it? Thanks!

Pretty sure they are in the same vein, although you could change the armor slot of the underwear to something used by the DB armor.

Honestly I'd definitely just remove the underwear from the ESP entirely.

7 hours ago, Prince Rurik of Novgorod said:

Pretty sure they are in the same vein, although you could change the armor slot of the underwear to something used by the DB armor.

Honestly I'd definitely just remove the underwear from the ESP entirely.

Cool, thanks. :) I was hoping not to have to do that, since I use a mod that prevents nudity on corpses, and without the underwear, they are still nude for a moment before the mod covers them up... But yeah, I'll likely just remove them, since I don't use them otherwise. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

It didnt work. I dont know if it is because I am playing a female or what. All of the male NPC are wearing underwear. I even made a male character to fix the problem. I just get black underwear instead of white. I didnt have this problem until i got a new computer. Im using SOS SE and Skyrim SE.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 8:37 AM, Leodriz said:

16. Load the hard save

Thank you very much.

That fixt it for me in Special Edition. I thank the both of you ?

On 10/15/2017 at 8:13 AM, Prince Rurik of Novgorod said:

MODERATORS, PLEASE STICKY THIS USEFUL INFO!

For this tutorial you'll need a few things. 

1. Skyrim

2. SOS

3. TES5Edit

Steps:

-1. Make a clean save, don't remove SOS. Make sure you're not wearing any armor and that you actually have the bug.

0. Make a backup of Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.ESM and Schlongs of Skyrim.esp.

1. Open TES5Edit.

2. Deselect everything, then select SOS - Core.ESM

3. Wait for everything to load.

4. Find "SOS_LItemUnderwear"

5. Right click, and hit remove. When the warning pops up, hit "yes".

6. Close and save the masterfile.

7. Close out of TES5Edit, and relaunch it.

8. Open SOS.esp

9. Find SOS_DefaultUnderwearAA under Armor Addon.

10. Remove it.

11. Find SOS_DefaultUnderwear under Armor.

12. Remove it.

13. Now launch Skyrim and load the affected save file. YOU SCHLONG WILL BE MISSING, THIS IS OKAY.

14. Go into the SOS menu, and change your schlong to something else, the close the menu. Once this is done, your schlong will appear.

15. Go back into the MCM and revert to your desired schlong. Make another hard save, then quit the game.

16. Reinstall/restore SOS's default ESP's and ESM's from before you edited them with TES5Edit.

17. Everything should now be working as normal.

I am stuck on step 14. how do I open the SOS menu with deleting and reinstalling? i don't know how to open the SOS menu on command, much less in-game?

2 hours ago, mysteriousbbc said:

I am stuck on step 14. how do I open the SOS menu with deleting and reinstalling? i don't know how to open the SOS menu on command, much less in-game?

I actually figured out my small mistake (this is actually my first day "playing pc") but now I have no schlongs to choose from so I can;t switch from no schlong? I can see that I have all three addons active in the game so im confused