Oblivion Steam Crash Issue

Jjp7123

I downloaded the steam version of Oblivion and it keeps crashing on me. I disabled all my mods so that can't be the problem. I wanted to give the steam version a try so I can play with a controller as well as have access to steam features. In the non steam version, I encounter a glitch when my character always crouches every time he reacts with an object. Also my character gets stuck in cramps during combat. I wanted to see if this is an issue with steam.  I tried deleting my Oblivion.ini file, my non steam save files, checking for multiple moniters and downloaded DirectX in my oblivion directory and nothing changed. Could my non steam version be causing conflicts? 

Here's my load order: 

0  0 Oblivion.esm

1  1 Lovers with PK.esm
 2  2 Hemingweys Capes Improved.esm
 3  3 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
 4  4 Knights.esp
 5  5 DLCFrostcrag.esp
 6  6 DLCHorseArmor.esp
 7  7 DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
 8  8 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
 9  9 DLCVileLair.esp
10  a DLCOrrery.esp
11  b DLCSpellTomes.esp
12  c DLCThievesDen.esp
13  d Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
14  e UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
15  f Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
16 10 OBSE Test Plugin.esp
17 11 MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
      LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
      LoversBackup2.esp
      LoversBed.esp
      LoversLight.esp
      LoversPayBandit.esp
      LoversRapeSlave.esp
      LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
      LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
      LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
      Lovers with PK.esp
18 12 Magus Lost Alteration Spells.esp
19 13 Slof's Sexy Anims.esp
20 14 Specialanims.esp
21 15 HUD Status Bars.esp
22 16 Slof's Boners! v5.esp
23 17 SupremeMagicka.esp
24 18 Immersive Weapons.esp
25 19 MasteryOfTheAir.esp
26 1a wlev.esp
27 1b WaldelfsLevitation.esp
28 1c RingsOfFlight.esp
29 1d MidasSpells.esp
30 1e ArmorRatingUnCappedREDUX.esp
31 1f EnchantmentRestore.esp
32 20 ScriptIcon_Replacer.esp
33 21 EnchantmentRestore_Wells.esp
34 22 Soolie'sBetterEnchantmentEffects.esp
35 23 Advanced Magecraft.esp
36 24 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
37 25 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
38 26 DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
39 27 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
40 28 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
41 29 DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
42 2a DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
43 2b DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
44 2c DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
45 2d DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
46 2e DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
47 2f Custom Enchanting Unlocked.esp
48 30 All Spells Avalible for Enchanting and Spell Making.esp
49 31 Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp
50 32 ImperialPalaceArmor.esp
51 33 Cheating.esp
52 34 A Real NudeSpell.esp
53 35 Hemingweys Capes Improved.esp
      Bashed Patch, 0.esp
      DMRA BBB Complete Clothing and Armor Replacer.esp
      SM_ShiveringIsles.esp
      SM_Scrolls.esp
      SM_SigilStone.esp
      SM_DLCSpellTome.esp
      SM_EnchantStaff.esp
      SM_NoSpellLights.esp
      SM_COBL.esp
      SM_OOO.esp
      SM_MMM.esp
      SM_VanillaSpells.esp
      SM_DeadlyReflex.esp

Sort your Load order. (NOT LOOT !!!! )  Your load order is a mess.  ( !! Start a new game after you sort your Mods  !!!)

Hope you have not installed the game in C:\Program files (x86) .....

Hope you have not installed Mods with the Nexus Modmanager (especially Lovers Mods)

OBSE installed?

Read my yellow Link below.

And why the Steam version if you have a no Steam version ?

I think it's not a good idea to have both versions installed.

First sort your Mods. If you still can not start Steam Oblivion you can rename the no-Steam Oblivion folder ( maybe the Steam Oblivion is "confused" when there are two Oblivion folder.

I installed my non steam version in program flifesx86 and my steam version in my Games folder. I wanted to try out the cool features of steam so I downloaded again. Should I delete and link my old files to my steam account instead? I installed using NMM so I will uninstall. I have OBSE 21.

"cool features of steam" ???

Oblivion has not changed since the release of the last DLC. (about 10 years ago)

If you have Oblivion and all DLCs no-steam, then use it.

But if you want the steam version:

OK, steam and Game not in C:\Program files (x86). No don't use your old no-steam files.

Install the steam version again. But first rename your no-steam Oblivion folder and delete your myGames\Oblivion folder (saves and ini)

Then test the game before you install any Mods, OBSE, replacer,....

If the game works install only OBSE and test again.

Then you can install more, but not all at once, test often.

AND pay attention to your LOAD ORDER !!!!

moving backwards slowly??

Bachwards is slower as forwards.  Or have you installed a animation replacer? Animations have different speed. try another KF file ( walkbackward.kf , walkfastbackward.kf )

Sure OBSE does not work ? You don't start it with the obse_loader.exe !!!! ( That's for the no Steam version)

I still don't understand why you want to use the steam version. I am so glad that I have the no-steam version.

Okay, so I should get rid of the Steam version and just keep the original. The main reason I got the steam version was so I could use a controller but I guess I should just download X padder instead. I was using a female animation replacer. Will using any animation replacer cause my character to move backwards too?

There are diffent animation replacer. Different speed. With some you turn around and move "forward",  ( very stupid if you want to move backwards during a fight, and you turn your back to the enemy)

but with most you move backwards like the original game animation.

The NoMaam  BBB animations are like the original game animation but with BBB. ( Link in my yellow Link)

Is there a patch to fix the forward and backward movement? Also, in the non steam version, I encountered a glitch with my character crouching anytime he reacts with an object as well as had physical cramps during combat. Is this a normal glitch or a mod conflict?

Never saw that in my game, must be a Mod ( or Mod conflict)

I use NoMaam animations and no other animation Mod ( like sey walk, or enhanced grabbing, or ...??? ) Forward, backwards, left, right works like the original movements.

Hope you have sorted your Mods.

Don't know , I have no Steam version.

But I think the Oblivion no steam exe will not work with Steam. And maybe some other files also. And the folder structure is wrong.

OBSE and Steam. Have you tried both?  Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe.

Have you installed OBSE21 right?

Copy   obse_1_2_416.dll , obse_editor_1_2.dll , and obse_steam_loader.dll and also the data folder to your Oblivion Folder ?

Correct NMM tends to not install/uninstall things correctly. It's better to use something like OBMM (oblivion mod manager) instead. Make sure you delete any of the files that NMM has placed anywhere before installing mods through OBMM so that you don't have a conflict from files from NMM and OBMM.

Archived