I'm trying to do a simple port of a Skyrim mod to SE using a method that I found on the Nexus Wiki which involves opening an esp file in the SSE Creation kit, making one simple change then back and saving.  When I open the mod and try to do that, creation kit will crash for no apparent reason.  I will admit, I am very inexperienced when it comes to using the creation kit and honestly don't know what is wrong.  The mod I'm trying to do this to is the Uchiha Clan race mod made by esu_riddick and I only plan on using it for my own game since I haven't asked the author permission to redistribute his work.  The mod has a requirement of the Naruto Overhaul that can be found on the old Skyrim steam workshop, Race Compatibility, and script extender.  I have tested the Naruto Overhaul on SSE and it does work as long as it is in a certain position in the load order.  I'm sorry if this is a simple problem that should be easily fixed and thank you for any help that can be given.

P.S. For both of the mods, the Uchiha Clan and the Naruto Overhaul, I used the SSE NIF Optimizer in order to make them more compatible with the game.

Thank you again for any help

Hmm, try just loading the mod and then going onto the file, and choose save see if that still crashes if it does it might be something with the ck install, other thing maybe worth looking at is to see if there are any tga files with the uchiha race mod, as from what I have read they can crash the game, so I would think they may also crash the ck when working with things that use them.

If you have the original skyrim it might be worth while to load the uchiha race mod in its ck and then saving it again, then loading into the sse ck and trying to convert it.

It could also be something to do with the script extender and or race compatability as well.

Not that much help I know but they might give you a few ideas to get you going again.

So I've messed around and tried opening the Uchiha clan mod in the Skyrim TES5Edit and Creation kit then port it over to SSE and used the SSEEdit and SSE Creation kit but it still crashes when I try to save even without changes.  Again, thanks for any help

Archived