Draft for a perverted asymmetric multiplayer arena

satyrs

I've done most of the written stuff here, so I wont repeat everything in details: the basic game mechanics and stuff like that.

The idea is to build a free pama (perverted asymmetric multiplayer arena) with extremely openness to modability to the point the game will not distributed with featured contents.

The game engine is supposed to be build on top of a MIT licensed game engine (Godot) and given for free under the same term (MIT licensed too). While assets and soruces (characters and animations... .blend files mostly) will be be given in a secondary CC0 license because these assets will be used for the basis to build mods.

Granted with full license (MIT license for the engine, CC0 for the "basic assets"), modders are supposed to do whatever they want: even selling their single mods (even sell bundled with the whole game and their mods... given they have rights on said mod-assets), ask for donation/financial support or simply give free of charge (CC0 mods will be considered asset donation to bring officially into Pama to extend the basic foundation for everyone else ).

Godot engine is the perfect target for this project... the only wall here is the find someone capable to write proper netcode (which is a very complicated thing.... but not impossible); the only problem is to find somehow to fund this idea.

My thinking was something like this:  Patreon. The developer (yet to find) set up a patreon page to build the very bare bone project based on my draft (I don't ask for royalty or stuff like that... but maybe we can come to an agreement so I can have a limited cut share after the first patreon goal?)

Yes, I did personally did the demo on the itch page; but it's just a small re-work on a free MIT project (which mean anyone can download/modify and reuse even for commercial gain): OpenCombat.But netcode is well beyond my scripting abilities.

Also, OpenCombat is limited to a very specific, and old, version of Godot... while I would prefer to target the third instance of this engine (which come with AAA grade features.

Can't stress enough how much Godot is the perfect target for this, specially for a mod-based game engine: Godot use nodes which are the paramount of modularity. Each nodes can be seamlessly integrated or even behave completely unrestrained into it's own unique way.

full disclosure: I've already talked this into another community, but it didn't went too well. I hope to find a more welcoming openness here ^^"

I like the concept.  Originally I thought this was a moba game.  I liked it more after seeing it's like Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th game where it's a team vs a single player. 

Two issues I saw is that the Minotaur is the one hosting the server, hoping you can change players or else everyone is just going to make their own servers with no one playing a full server. 

The second issue I realized is these are team coordinated games where you play with friends.  Sure you can play Dead by Daylight solo but most people join up because they have a group or some friends ready to play together.  I doubt people are going to ask their friends, "Yo are you horny too? Cool, lets find a couple more horny friends for a full group then we can play this game."

A queue system to force players into fill a server may be very conter-productive if you don't have  a proper userbase. This is something that may come later (but to keep in mind as the game design goes), but not right from the beginning when the userbase start from -1 (less than 0)

Rely on a discord server in order to find players (maybe easing a bit the ad-hoc links to post&click directly like pama://myservername.address:1234567 is the best approach I can think of.
The current executable draft concept already allow seamless connection&disconnection of nymphs (if satyr disconnect, everyone disconnect.. as it already happen in Dead by Daylight).

The idea is that once the satyr set up the game spawing in the middle of the arena (now wait into loading screen, but straight into his arena), nymphs can join anytime in a secure area around the arena from where she can pick a safe place to plan her hunt. This is a sample idea for a default map:
4izfit5.png
Nymph spawn in a protected area where the satyr can't reach up to them, so she can either safety wait for another nymph or throw herself immediately if confident enough (or bored to wait)

MVOHBZq.png

Literally "falling" in the arena. Satyr get notification when a nymph join the server and when she get in the arena (but he will not know where the nymph actually grounded: that's his part of the hunt)

If the satyr defeat the nymph, he get a chance to keep her re-spawning (a limited number of respawn tho) into his server but when the satyr is defeated the winning nymph are "throw" in the next empty server (for them is like going for "the next battle"). This is supposed to keep the flux of nymph across multiple server, also avoiding satyrs who play to "conservative" just for the sake to keep nymphs into his game. This just as defualt settings, players should be able to pick their own rules. Have a friendlist and player rating (if you're either nymph or satyr and want actual challengers) would be of great use.
In general I think something that break "stall games" and force inactive/camping and boring games to be ended in favour of more active players is needed (keep it fun for everyone!).

Players don't need to be horny to play this game (certainly it doesn't help to win the round! XD ). Games like Genital Jousting aren't player only by gay people: on contrary, it's mostly played for the craziness of it. If you want to play it in a more kinky sense... well... "general audience" is not the ideal target anyway: find games on Discord, have trustable friends to play with is more favourable than anything else.

So, generally speaking I would say that the game should have "two souls": one for general competitive gamers and (on separate flux of players) that are actually looking for the gaming kink: keep things clearly separated (players are still supposed to switch seamlessly between these two modes)

- Match making for general, non-kink players
- Friendlist, clickable links and other system based "on date" for player that want a more restricted/safe kinky experience.

The only strict rule I may think of.. is this one :P (if technically possible, always follow the player lead how they want to join the game)

Well... it is not much, but since we got something actually "working" (even if not in pure gaming sense so far); why don't allow people to test things out?

I've made a discord server so anyone can join with their friend and test the bare bone functionality

https://discord.gg/F6VrSMF

Also, since this is a modding community; I've provided full source code so you can set things up at your desire:

https://github.com/satyries/pama

I love this in theory, but I have a couple qualms with this potentially relying on Discord. Primary reason being that I prefer anonymity to the point that I am willing to avoid a potentially enjoyable experience, no matter how judgement free and open it is, if I don't need to be around witnesses to my getting off who can A. remember me and B. somehow backtrack my identity. I know that's silly posting this on forums that log my ip with a username, but there's a veil of security there, at least.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to the extend anonymous safety and privacy must be among the very bone concept to the gaming community this project call for.

Privacy and keep children at bay are the most critical issue. No just for obvious legal propose, but also for objective need of a safe and sane adult community of gamer: if I, as gaming adult in an adult MMO, know there may be child "sharing" this gaming experience with me... this would totally killing my experience; sane persons would leave the community and only disturbing dudes who "may be fine with child around" would stay around.

This is also why need privacy, but can't dive into anarchy: we need to restrict main access to the gaming playerbase to mature people only. We also need to ask people to stay around and active within the community in order to collect reports any un-mature under-age activity around.

I know this sounds shady for people who care about their privacy but, as I said, we need some structure that will allow a basic asset of moderators that are able to verify correctness and safety for children/parents.

I am open to any idea, but at this time, from my own experience; the most adult gaming communities being successful into backtrack, detect and ban children used Discord. That's why Discord is my first choice (also, Loverlabs uses Discord and, since we got similar task into keep child away, we may ask for an hand)

Off topic BTW: I take advantage of this post for this update also: I'm looking for artistic support to create concepts for the characters (two satyrs and four nymph) onto hentai foundry boards: http://forums.hentai-foundry.com/viewtopic.php?t=61255

If anoyone know any artist that may be interested into help me out, please let it know! :)

Thanks for clarifying, and I'd have to generally agree that's a worthwhile reason until a better age verification method developed, but until such time I don't believe I'd be able to participate. I consider it's a worthy goal, creating a sex-positive environment for adults to carouse, and I'm glad ideas for adult games that explore the potentials are on the rise.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, forgot to update this thread.

The prototype went a bit forward; it doesn't give yet a fully playable experience, but there's now an actual map and to join a game you're no longer required to write down IP addresses.

Satyrs players can create a lobby anytime, nymph have only to pick one lobby from a list of available satyrs. Obviously, since this is a pure prototype idea you shouldn't expect to find player online: for anyone willing to test it out I've made a discord channel

Client download, draft, video and other stuff is all there

https://satyrs.itch.io/pama

There's also a patreon page if you want to contribute:

https://www.patreon.com/Pama

Everything I would earn would be immediately re-invested into commission artist for concept arts, 3d assets, programming help and anything would make this lil' project become possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I am switching to focus on the game design draft by now; I am on the 3rd page done, so I hope the general idea is pretty much covered (images attached to this post).

Since drafting is my main focus now, I am looking for whatever help I can get to improve draft's presentability: grammar fixes or better wording, but also artist redraw the sketches... anything is appreciated.

There's also a Discord channel: https://discord.gg/S9hQx9Q

01.jpg

02.png

03.png

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like you got pretty good advice on Reddit. Even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

The games that generate funding on Patreon, etc. are further along than the concept phase.

It looks like you have some design/illustration skills. Maybe it would make sense to approach a developer that already has funding working for them on similar projects and see if they want to team up with you on a new one.

When people consider dishing out money, the idea is only part of the equation. It might be a great idea. But, if the buyer isn't convinced that you are the right person to execute it, they won't pay you. 

Archived