Currently i use school of sappho (running version 2.8.1.1, which only requires that mod and republic equality wasn't necessary then) next to dark world reborn, dw toska, dw dollarsmy, turtle's extra traits and other stuff and a bunch of others, such as sketchy's cheats, shieldmaiden and ruler designer unlocked. I also use a mod called return of the amazonians. That mod let's you play as a female ruler, changes to enatic succession shortly after you have started and also allows an all female council, female commanders and female vassals (such as a barony)

It also let you declare wars against nearby male rulers. The mod adds an amazon religion and when you choose that then all above is triggered. You can also select amazon culture if you want, letting you choose between samartian and nord. It adds an own church, with an amazon matriarch as head and there are holy amazon places, such as in gwynedd and kuma. And it adds some amazon characters in 769 and 867. So far the mod works along with school of sappho and the others. Recently the mod got updated to work with holy fury (patch 3.01)

Since school of sappho was intended to work with the 2.8.x branch, same with dark world reborn, i intend now to upgrade to this version. I also still want to use return of the amazonians.

Can that still be done or do i run into problems? Cause i read something about disable mods that change to enatic succession. But i wonder then about dark world heresy, since that one also has the option to change to enatic.

13 hours ago, candesco said:

Currently i use school of sappho (running version 2.8.1.1, which only requires that mod and republic equality wasn't necessary then) next to dark world reborn, dw toska, dw dollarsmy, turtle's extra traits and other stuff and a bunch of others, such as sketchy's cheats, shieldmaiden and ruler designer unlocked. I also use a mod called return of the amazonians. That mod let's you play as a female ruler, changes to enatic succession shortly after you have started and also allows an all female council, female commanders and female vassals (such as a barony)

It also let you declare wars against nearby male rulers. The mod adds an amazon religion and when you choose that then all above is triggered. You can also select amazon culture if you want, letting you choose between samartian and nord. It adds an own church, with an amazon matriarch as head and there are holy amazon places, such as in gwynedd and kuma. And it adds some amazon characters in 769 and 867. So far the mod works along with school of sappho and the others. Recently the mod got updated to work with holy fury (patch 3.01)

Since school of sappho was intended to work with the 2.8.x branch, same with dark world reborn, i intend now to upgrade to this version. I also still want to use return of the amazonians.

Can that still be done or do i run into problems? Cause i read something about disable mods that change to enatic succession. But i wonder then about dark world heresy, since that one also has the option to change to enatic.

Oh dear, where do I even start?

Beyond Heresy is compatible, so no worries about that. As for everything else...

If I remember correctly, School of Sappho required Republic Equality. It's not required for Lesbocracy anymore (which will only work with CK2 v 3.0.1+).

Check this page. It lists incompatibilities for Lesbocracy, but most of these mods are incompatible with SoS as well. The list isn't complete, so even if you have none of the listed stuff installed, that doesn't mean you won't have problems.

What I would do if I were you - I would just delete the "laws" folder in SoS (which also means that you shouldn't install Republic Equality). That folder causes about 90% of all incompatibilities and you basically don't need it, seeing as you're using law mechanics from other mods. That should leave you with the society and nothing else.

That's a rather dirty way of tackling the problem, but it should work.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, Buzhidao said:

Oh dear, where do I even start?

Beyond Heresy is compatible, so no worries about that. As for everything else...

If I remember correctly, School of Sappho required Republic Equality. It's not required for Lesbocracy anymore (which will only work with CK2 v 3.0.1+).

Check this page. It lists incompatibilities for Lesbocracy, but most of these mods are incompatible with SoS as well. The list isn't complete, so even if you have none of the listed stuff installed, that doesn't mean you won't have problems.

What I would do if I were you - I would just delete the "laws" folder in SoS (which also means that you shouldn't install Republic Equality). That folder causes about 90% of all incompatibilities and you basically don't need it, seeing as you're using law mechanics from other mods. That should leave you with the society and nothing else.

That's a rather dirty way of tackling the problem, but it should work.

The requirement School of Sappho had was from version 2.8.3.4. For 2.8.1 or anything before School of Sappho didn't require Republic Equality. That was with version 1.41. I have runned School of Sappho so far without republic equality and it worked. I was running version 2.8.1. of Crusader Kings II.  And this also worked then with version 3.5 of Return of the Amazonians from Webslug (only on steam workshop, there is an earlier amazon mod here on loverslab, but that one is pretty much outdated) and version 1.62 from Dark World Reborn, 1.4.2 from DW Toska, Beyond Heresy 0.8b, Turtle's extra traits v0.61 and v1.01 of DW Dollarsmy.

Return of the Amazonians does more then only changing laws, but since SoS expanded and grew into the new Lesbocracy mod, possibly the laws is then the part where it overlaps. Here is the page to the mod.

I think i just have to try then. I guess then if something weird happen then i need to remove the laws from lesbocracy or am i wrong there?

From the list on Steam (and which is also in your thread on here) which you posted i need to at least remove 3 of them, as it seems it's implemented. Legalized gay marriage, seduce anyone and enatic kingdoms. If it's already in lesbocracy, then no problem.

6 hours ago, candesco said:

The requirement School of Sappho had was from version 2.8.3.4. For 2.8.1 or anything before School of Sappho didn't require Republic Equality. That was with version 1.41. I have runned School of Sappho so far without republic equality and it worked. I was running version 2.8.1. of Crusader Kings II.  And this also worked then with version 3.5 of Return of the Amazonians from Webslug (only on steam workshop, there is an earlier amazon mod here on loverslab, but that one is pretty much outdated) and version 1.62 from Dark World Reborn, 1.4.2 from DW Toska, Beyond Heresy 0.8b, Turtle's extra traits v0.61 and v1.01 of DW Dollarsmy.

Return of the Amazonians does more then only changing laws, but since SoS expanded and grew into the new Lesbocracy mod, possibly the laws is then the part where it overlaps. Here is the page to the mod.

I think i just have to try then. I guess then if something weird happen then i need to remove the laws from lesbocracy or am i wrong there?

From the list on Steam (and which is also in your thread on here) which you posted i need to at least remove 3 of them, as it seems it's implemented. Legalized gay marriage, seduce anyone and enatic kingdoms. If it's already in lesbocracy, then no problem.

I thought you were going to use SoS, not Lesbocracy. You can still use SoS with CK2 3.0.1.

I would argue that you don't need Lesbocracy at all, if you're using the Amazon mod. The only thing that you wouldn't get with it is the lesbian society and that you can get with SoS.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:17 AM, Buzhidao said:

I thought you were going to use SoS, not Lesbocracy. You can still use SoS with CK2 3.0.1.

I would argue that you don't need Lesbocracy at all, if you're using the Amazon mod. The only thing that you wouldn't get with it is the lesbian society and that you can get with SoS.

No, i switched to Lesbocracy, because i thought that SoS was for the 2.8.x branch. Didn't knew that SoS is also for 3.01.

Anyway, after having some problems it's all working now. And i can tell you that Lesbocracy is compatible with Return of the Amazonians. Even Conquest and Legalized gay marriage works with it. The problem was with a mod called Shieldmaiden. But my guess is that it probably conficted with Dark World Fantasy.

Currently i have running; Dark World Fantasy, Dark World Extra's, Dark World Beyond Heresy, Dark World Dollsarsmy, Lesbocracy, Return of the Amazonians, Conquest, Legalized gay marriage, Gutenmod, Age customizer, Ruler Designer Unlocked, UCT, Bigger forts, sketchy cheat menu,slvbuu's ckII cheat menu, Same Succession, Marriage+, OP Immortals, Gift troops, Rename anyone, Quick conversion and Same status of women. All with version 3.0.1.1. and without any problems. Also, i didn't changed anything, i just have let the map of lesbocracy as it was, same goes for return of the amazonians.  I've started in 867 in the county of Brycheiniog (seems since HF they have scattered wales even more). Currently my char is queen of Brythoniaid (Wales) and conquered also laighin and parts of England (defeated the king of Jylland, who conquered some duchies before) have founded the school of sappho (got an influence of 9% now), is of amazonian faith, got a son who survived the trials of the amazons, is an alu-fiend (you don't become a succubus anymore) and follower of lilith, married and got at least one artifact. Also have some doctrines about lesbianism in northern europe or so (guess that's one of the new additions lesbocracy has) Don't have a heir yet, cause as an amazon only daughters inherit. And i have enatic seniority as law.

18 hours ago, candesco said:

No, i switched to Lesbocracy, because i thought that SoS was for the 2.8.x branch. Didn't knew that SoS is also for 3.01.

Anyway, after having some problems it's all working now. And i can tell you that Lesbocracy is compatible with Return of the Amazonians. Even Conquest and Legalized gay marriage works with it. The problem was with a mod called Shieldmaiden. But my guess is that it probably conficted with Dark World Fantasy.

Currently i have running; Dark World Fantasy, Dark World Extra's, Dark World Beyond Heresy, Dark World Dollsarsmy, Lesbocracy, Return of the Amazonians, Conquest, Legalized gay marriage, Gutenmod, Age customizer, Ruler Designer Unlocked, UCT, Bigger forts, sketchy cheat menu,slvbuu's ckII cheat menu, Same Succession, Marriage+, OP Immortals, Gift troops, Rename anyone, Quick conversion and Same status of women. All with version 3.0.1.1. and without any problems. Also, i didn't changed anything, i just have let the map of lesbocracy as it was, same goes for return of the amazonians.  I've started in 867 in the county of Brycheiniog (seems since HF they have scattered wales even more). Currently my char is queen of Brythoniaid (Wales) and conquered also laighin and parts of England (defeated the king of Jylland, who conquered some duchies before) have founded the school of sappho (got an influence of 9% now), is of amazonian faith, got a son who survived the trials of the amazons, is an alu-fiend (you don't become a succubus anymore) and follower of lilith, married and got at least one artifact. Also have some doctrines about lesbianism in northern europe or so (guess that's one of the new additions lesbocracy has) Don't have a heir yet, cause as an amazon only daughters inherit. And i have enatic seniority as law.

(Without thoroughly looking through each mod) "Same Status of Women" - if it does what I think it does, you can uninstall it, because Lesbocracy does the same thing, though in a different way. Couldn't find it to check though.

11 hours ago, Buzhidao said:

(Without thoroughly looking through each mod) "Same Status of Women" - if it does what I think it does, you can uninstall it, because Lesbocracy does the same thing, though in a different way. Couldn't find it to check though.

It's a workshop mod. Here's the link. This is the decription:

"Requires: Conclave

Does it annoy you that even though you are King/Queen and you have given equal rights to women that none of your vassals do the same? Well this will fixes everything.
If you are the head ruler and change the Status of Women this mod will force all your vassals to the same Status!
Great right!"

46 minutes ago, candesco said:

It's a workshop mod. Here's the link. This is the decription:

"Requires: Conclave

Does it annoy you that even though you are King/Queen and you have given equal rights to women that none of your vassals do the same? Well this will fixes everything.
If you are the head ruler and change the Status of Women this mod will force all your vassals to the same Status!
Great right!"

So as I said - you don't need it

I might have run into a problem.

It all seemed to work quite well for several decades, until I tried to enact the female authority rule "Female Superiority". That apparently transformed my empire government type (less possible laws, for example Administration is missing - I now realize that I didn't actually check the government type ?), and soon after that I was kicked out of School of Sappho, and it didn't even show up in the list of societies any more.

I don't quite believe that to be intentional.

I'm using various mods (including DWF etc and some from the workshop), so it's probably an incompatibility. As far as I know I don't use any mod that enables same sex marriage or seduction, or any mod that enables enatic succession, but at least one for marrying/seducing family members. I also reduced the "cooldown" between law changes. And I had a mod that was imbalanced and awarded tons of tech points, so I might have come to "Female Superiority" way sooner than you would expect.

I had the problem arise way past my supposed bed time, so I didn't put any effort in solving it myself yesterday. Still posting in hopes you have a magic crystal ball ? that reveals the solution, but if you don't know from the top of your head what the issue might be, let me first check if any of the other mods overwrite the same vanilla files, especially succession laws. Will do that this weekend.

2 hours ago, nugerumon said:

I might have run into a problem.

It all seemed to work quite well for several decades, until I tried to enact the female authority rule "Female Superiority". That apparently transformed my empire government type (less possible laws, for example Administration is missing - I now realize that I didn't actually check the government type ?), and soon after that I was kicked out of School of Sappho, and it didn't even show up in the list of societies any more.

I don't quite believe that to be intentional.

I'm using various mods (including DWF etc and some from the workshop), so it's probably an incompatibility. As far as I know I don't use any mod that enables same sex marriage or seduction, or any mod that enables enatic succession, but at least one for marrying/seducing family members. I also reduced the "cooldown" between law changes. And I had a mod that was imbalanced and awarded tons of tech points, so I might have come to "Female Superiority" way sooner than you would expect.

I had the problem arise way past my supposed bed time, so I didn't put any effort in solving it myself yesterday. Still posting in hopes you have a magic crystal ball ? that reveals the solution, but if you don't know from the top of your head what the issue might be, let me first check if any of the other mods overwrite the same vanilla files, especially succession laws. Will do that this weekend.

It does transform the government type actually. Hmm, tell me - did it switch you to nomadic government by any chance? That would explain the lack of administration laws and the fact that you were kicked from the society.

6 hours ago, Buzhidao said:

Hmm, tell me - did it switch you to nomadic government by any chance?

Nope, Tribal Matriarchy.

I have not found any mod that messes with succession laws, at least no mod overwrites "laws/succession_laws.txt".

I've cleaned up a few mods that changed wol_* files, but I'm still kicked out of the society and it disappears.

Inheritance is switched to Enatic-Cognatic Gavelkind - I was better off before, when I could elect a successor - non-gavelkind style. And Inheritance and "Ruler's authority" laws are available for every county I hold (at least for as many as the laws tab can display). Trying not to hold all the titles myself will probably help there ?

I fast forwarded a bit, enacted lesbian tyranny, upped tribal organisation, could only hire male chaplains (I got the option to change the religion afterwards, so that's probably fine), and when I tried to adopt feudalism I got a game over (though the game over screen said something about a republic, which is a bit strange) ?

So I guess the "tribal" part can't be averted? I'll try living with that. Just sad that the council is up and about again, the council is a pita.

If any of the described happenings is a bug you'd like to fix I'd be happy to try to provide more information.

Mod list I used:

Spoiler

From LL:

DZ Flavor

DWF

DW Extras

Lesbocracy

From Steam Workshop:

Ambient Silence

Anime Protraits

Bigger Interface

Conquest

Disable DLC Ads

Extended Bloodlines

Family Heirlooms

Gainful Employment

Marry Family Member

Merciless Ruler

Missing WOL Education Events

More Book Slots

Plot Assassinate Your Children

Quick Convertions

Radhanite Trade Routes

Seduce Family Member

Sin's Young LoverSlvrbuu's CKII Cheat Menu

Usurp Power

VIET Events Reborn

Varangian Trade Routes

Now, off to Anno 1800 beta ~~

2 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Nope, Tribal Matriarchy.

I have not found any mod that messes with succession laws, at least no mod overwrites "laws/succession_laws.txt".

I've cleaned up a few mods that changed wol_* files, but I'm still kicked out of the society and it disappears.

Inheritance is switched to Enatic-Cognatic Gavelkind - I was better off before, when I could elect a successor - non-gavelkind style. And Inheritance and "Ruler's authority" laws are available for every county I hold (at least for as many as the laws tab can display). Trying not to hold all the titles myself will probably help there ?

I fast forwarded a bit, enacted lesbian tyranny, upped tribal organisation, could only hire male chaplains (I got the option to change the religion afterwards, so that's probably fine), and when I tried to adopt feudalism I got a game over (though the game over screen said something about a republic, which is a bit strange) ?

So I guess the "tribal" part can't be averted? I'll try living with that. Just sad that the council is up and about again, the council is a pita.

If any of the described happenings is a bug you'd like to fix I'd be happy to try to provide more information.

Mod list I used:

Reveal hidden contents

From LL:

DZ Flavor

DWF

DW Extras

Lesbocracy

From Steam Workshop:

Ambient Silence

Anime Protraits

Bigger Interface

Conquest

Disable DLC Ads

Extended Bloodlines

Family Heirlooms

Gainful Employment

Marry Family Member

Merciless Ruler

Missing WOL Education Events

More Book Slots

Plot Assassinate Your Children

Quick Convertions

Radhanite Trade Routes

Seduce Family Member

Sin's Young LoverSlvrbuu's CKII Cheat Menu

Usurp Power

VIET Events Reborn

Varangian Trade Routes

Now, off to Anno 1800 beta ~~

Can you send me your save before the switch happened?

Thinking of bringing back "School of Sappho" as a separate mod someday. Just the society and a couple of events that aren't tied to any laws and such. No laws, no governments, no concubines, no complicated stuff that would clash with other mods.

This reminds me:

IF YOU USE CK2PLUS OR HIP, PLEASE FILL THIS FORM.

Btw, this doesn't mean that I'm not going to make compatibility versions of Lesbocracy for these two mods when the time comes. I just want to know what I should focus on first.

Oh, and I've updated Lesbocracy today. Just bugfixes this time.

5 hours ago, Buzhidao said:

No major features in this version, so it should be okay to use an old save :)

As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. Many thanks ? Having lots of fun with the lesbian dynasty ?

One minor thing: When enacting lesbian tyranny you get the option to switch religion. Would it be possible to show more information about the offered religions? Especially in a random world I have no idea what they are, and finding them is a bit laborious. Or, even better, just the possibility to reform the religion, but I guess that's even harder if you want to make sure suitable features are chosen.

15 hours ago, nugerumon said:

As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. Many thanks ? Having lots of fun with the lesbian dynasty ?

One minor thing: When enacting lesbian tyranny you get the option to switch religion. Would it be possible to show more information about the offered religions? Especially in a random world I have no idea what they are, and finding them is a bit laborious. Or, even better, just the possibility to reform the religion, but I guess that's even harder if you want to make sure suitable features are chosen.

That's... a very good suggestion, but apart from linking a character with that religion, I don't know how to show more info on that religion. Maybe a static tooltip, but that would cause misinformation if the religion has been reformed.

With that in mind: are random world religions exactly the same as their non-random counterparts? Would a random-world version of Messalianism happen to be agnatic in some playthroughs?

I'm not sure how it works. The two religions offered allowed women to hold temples, so maybe, internally, some "random" religions are basically renamed copies of original religions and can still be referenced by the original name? On the other hand, I'm quite sure that if you use a mod that allows more doctrines to be chosen on reformation, the random religions also have more features.

PS, some clicking around later: The Wiki implies something like what I thought. So yeah, I think it's possible that these religions could become agnatic. ? ?