Tekken7?

priss10

FUCK KEKKEN! no seriously, if people say doa is casual button masher, then what the fuck is tekken? I tried that shit on my broither's computer, and holy fuck, you just hit random buttons and everything fucking connects into everything, it's a never ending chain combo. 

Thank you all for your answers. I did not know about Zetaboard.

I was surprised at the dislike that amateurs of TK7 are experiencing with respect to lovers of DOA. Now I see that this hatred is mutual. Sorry that touched your feelings. )))

I have an idea, which probably at this forum seems stupid or even completely crazy, but I will express it
Why should you war with Tekken? Unite with them at the Loverslab under one roof. Give your forum a new name - DOA & Tekken. For the beginning, suggest returning to those who were in the DOA and moved to TK. You can constantly communicate with each other, exchange ideas and implement some joint projects. Someone will create mods for two games at the same time.
i think it would be useful to both parties.

We already fought to get a subforum dedicated to DOA5LR and you would like to rename it with Tekken that isn't even the same company game?

I don't think it will be approved.

Some modders already left for Tekken, some of them are modding both games in same time but in my opinion modding multiple games in same time is more time consumming I prefer to focus on one in same time.

Until now I didn't saw a possibility to import external characters in Tekken neither, swapping or recoloring costumes don't interest me but the community look to grow fast on Tekken I think they will start to find a way to do more than that.

In any case, if you are looking for Tekken mods you are clearly in the wrong forum unless you want to import doa characters in it.

No, I'm equally interested in both games, but only as a user, but not a creator of mods. And I was surprised that on Loverslab there is still no place for the Tekken. Well, if you think the union is impossible, then the proposal is removed  ((

FUCK KEKKEN! no seriously, if people say doa is casual button masher, then what the fuck is tekken? I tried that shit on my broither's computer, and holy fuck, you just hit random buttons and everything fucking connects into everything, it's a never ending chain combo. 

I understand why your mad but honestly those tekken players just dont get it and theyre most likely young teenagers, a true fighter respects all fighting genre.

i'm sorry but tekken is one of the hardest fighting games to get good at. at an extremely casual level yea you can just hit buttons and things will happen. that's part of why tekken was always a favorite with the casual crowd back in the tekken 3 days. in fact all of the 3d movement fighters are pretty button mashy. however anyone who remotely knows how to play tekken will not allow you to get away with that. a lot of moves in this game are highly punishable on block or on whiff. even before you get to learning about attacks and combos you have to learn how to properly move. movement in tekken is everything since all movement can be canceled by other move inputs. backdash cancelling, wave dashing, and side stepping are all extremely important to be able to perform before you can begin to become competent at it.

that's why a lot of people go with 2d fighters.

i'm sorry but tekken is one of the hardest fighting games to get good at. at an extremely casual level yea you can just hit buttons and things will happen. that's part of why tekken was always a favorite with the casual crowd back in the tekken 3 days. in fact all of the 3d movement fighters are pretty button mashy. however anyone who remotely knows how to play tekken will not allow you to get away with that. a lot of moves in this game are highly punishable on block or on whiff. even before you get to learning about attacks and combos you have to learn how to properly move. movement in tekken is everything since all movement can be canceled by other move inputs. backdash cancelling, wave dashing, and side stepping are all extremely important to be able to perform before you can begin to become competent at it.

that's why a lot of people go with 2d fighters.

DOA is very closely the same as tekken, just mashing buttons will not land you a win against experienced players. well, sure you may get lucky here and there but overall you will be on a losing streak. Anyone who thinks DOA is a joke just doesnt understand DOA, I actually find DOA to be the most fun 3D fighter, bouncing boobs and pretty girls is just a bonus. However I do wish there was a TEKKEN vs DOA now that would a dream come true. Lastly I find that most Tekken players are only good at Tekken because thats all they play, ie I have a brother in-law who is really good at Tekken and can beat me nearly perfect most of the time but loses in every other fighting game we played, sad just sad. Im somewhat casual in all fighting games because I respect them all and cant say Im a pro but Im good at all of them.

• 6 months later...
On 01.08.2017 at 10:22 PM, doa5casual said:

DOA is very closely the same as tekken, just mashing buttons will not land you a win against experienced players. well, sure you may get lucky here and there but overall you will be on a losing streak. Anyone who thinks DOA is a joke just doesnt understand DOA, I actually find DOA to be the most fun 3D fighter, bouncing boobs and pretty girls is just a bonus. However I do wish there was a TEKKEN vs DOA now that would a dream come true.

Wow, maybe this is the idea that is so lacking for DOA developers? I mean unifying these two games? In my opinion, this is a wonderful idea! :open_mouth:

ahahahaha tekken similar to doa? are you fucking out of your mind? tekken is so fucking stiff, it's all about who can mash buttons while doing "Lol im korean" shuffling back and forth like a retarded cunt, till someone dies. 

In doa is pretty easy to drop a combo, but in tekken you use a high kick and the rival that is laying on the floor simply bounces again without being touched by said kick, and there you go again for another dumb combo that ends the round lol.

14 hours ago, CANGT1 said:

ahahahaha tekken similar to doa? are you fucking out of your mind? tekken is so fucking stiff, it's all about who can mash buttons while doing "Lol im korean" shuffling back and forth like a retarded cunt, till someone dies. 

In doa is pretty easy to drop a combo, but in tekken you use a high kick and the rival that is laying on the floor simply bounces again without being touched by said kick, and there you go again for another dumb combo that ends the round lol.

Cangt, this topic was started almost seven months ago. You already expressed your opinion about Tekken and got answers to it from Kaymai and DOA5casual. Then you did not object, but now, after seven months, you again return to the same. Your brain needs an extremely long time to process the information, so think yourself, who is "fucking out of mind"?
Maybe in a couple of months you'll figure it out ... )

And as for the similarity between these games - type in Google the line "games similar DOA". What answer do you get?

Tekken, Mortal Combat and Street Fighter.
The whole world went crazy?  lollll

On 30.07.2017 at 9:08 PM, Melissava said:

Tekken models losses to DOA's ones. But system requirements are more than twice than DOA's factual. How so? 

This is also a very interesting question. Is it possible to export and import models from one game to another?

4 hours ago, WideWalson said:

Tekken 7 is run by UnrealEngine 4 whereas DOA5 is running on a last generation game engine. Could be the reason why system requirements are higher.

But these engines are similar to each other, so these games can be combined into a new game. And then it would be possible to arrange a battle between Kasumi and Nina Williams, for example.

Tekken and DOA game engines are far from another. Virtua Fighter and DOA have similar engines that's why VF characters were easily ported over to DOA. Just because they look similar on TV doesn't mean their engines are similar. It's like saying a Ferrari Enzo's engine is similar to a Honda Civic's.

Archived