Tekken7?

priss10

12 hours ago, WideWalson said:

Tekken and DOA game engines are far from another. Virtua Fighter and DOA have similar engines that's why VF characters were easily ported over to DOA. Just because they look similar on TV doesn't mean their engines are similar. It's like saying a Ferrari Enzo's engine is similar to a Honda Civic's.

Well, but probably, if the designers were tasked with combining these two cars and doing one car, they would have coped with this task.

And the more difficult the task, the more interesting it is to observe its result.

What I'm trying to say here is that fusing Tekken and DOA in a single game while retaining the elements of each individual characters of specific games is far-fetched. Sure we can see Akuma doing his typical SF shit and Geese with his normal KOF/Fatal Fury shenanigans, but remember, DOA is a 3D game as well. They were able to do it for Akuma and Geese since they were both from 2d fighters meaning they have a lot more flexibility compared to DOA characters. What that means is that how you normally play Kasumi in DOA will be way different if she is to be ported in Tekken because the game engine is different. Again, this is all based on observation on what's the obvious. Not saying it's impossible. Who knows what Bandai Namco can pull off in the future.

Actually Tekken 6 or Tag Tournament 2 would totally work with DOA5's gameplay, just need to adjust the damage output (obviously) , add "supers" aka powerblows to the Tekken characters and maybe holds / counters... 

And yes, you'd need to change the button input system for the Tekken characters too, that might be a more difficult task,  but generally the 2 games aren't too far away from each other,  I know because I play them both extensively and I can jump between them super easily. Can't say that for VF for example,  in VF I always try to do holds and it does not work (also obviously). 

I even backdash cancel in DOA5 even though it doesn't really have the same effect, but moving still helps imo and the sidestep attacks that result in this are pretty good. ;)

PS : Also,  lastly, of course you'd need to integrate the Tekken characters into DOA,  I can't see it working the other way around really. 

On 06.03.2018 at 9:49 AM, MaidoLover said:

Actually Tekken 6 or Tag Tournament 2 would totally work with DOA5's gameplay, just need to adjust the damage output (obviously) , add "supers" aka powerblows to the Tekken characters and maybe holds / counters... 

And yes, you'd need to change the button input system for the Tekken characters too, that might be a more difficult task,  but generally the 2 games aren't too far away from each other,  I know because I play them both extensively and I can jump between them super easily. Can't say that for VF for example,  in VF I always try to do holds and it does not work (also obviously). 

I even backdash cancel in DOA5 even though it doesn't really have the same effect, but moving still helps imo and the sidestep attacks that result in this are pretty good. ;)

PS : Also,  lastly, of course you'd need to integrate the Tekken characters into DOA,  I can't see it working the other way around really. 

Yes, there would be many new interesting combinations. By the way, Marie Rose in this new game would have a new girlfriend (Lucky Chloe). They fit each other. :smile: 

By combining these two games, we get a huge number of opportunities.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/6/2018 at 2:49 AM, MaidoLover said:

as someone with almost decades of game design experience, no.

Objectively:

Not even kind of. Completely different design goals and mechanical methodologies. Literally different methods of mechanics coding.

Subjectively: lol, hell no. Team Ninja caved to popular demand and their character design is as generic as you can get without naming your game 'fighting game game 2: a game with fighting in it again'. Meanwhile, Tekken has kept its own design and motifs for almost three decades. Just no.

Correcting misinformation doesn't have a timestamp, and I don't need to to argue wrong or right when sales data, audience reception and how each engine works are a matter of public factual record, which fetishes have zero bearing on.

Archived