body textures: diffuse-custom

normal map: edited SG smooth version

specular- wet bumps pack

other mods:

teeth: fair skin

hands/feet: Halo's highpoly hands\feet

Racemenu+ECE with custom sliders

screenshots:

post-229646-0-97378300-1414405868_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-15979900-1414405872_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-17684000-1414405875_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-21275900-1414405878_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-34651500-1414405880_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-54438600-1414405882_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-71547500-1414405884_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-61134100-1414405886_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-73386000-1414405889_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-08068200-1414405892_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-93019400-1414405895_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-84552300-1414405899_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-23096200-1414405902_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-51097500-1414405903_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-09393400-1414405906_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-65636700-1414405908_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-49341300-1414405914_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-88238500-1414405918_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-23870600-1414405923_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-05312500-1414405926_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-89165900-1414405929_thumb.pngpost-229646-0-68066400-1414405933_thumb.png

I need some suggestion and help, I'm having trouble matching a head and body skin color what is the best way to go around doing this?

Also I've got some trouble with some stuff which I've pointed out in the screenshot.

http://a.pomf.se/wfeotb.jpg

The edginess on the sides of the face, the redish color under the eyes which can't be changed on tints, and the neck seam which I can't fix.

Will take any help

I need some suggestion and help, I'm having trouble matching a head and body skin color what is the best way to go around doing this?

Also I've got some trouble with some stuff which I've pointed out in the screenshot.

http://a.pomf.se/wfeotb.jpg

The edginess on the sides of the face, the redish color under the eyes which can't be changed on tints, and the neck seam which I can't fix.

Will take any help

Have you tried using different normal maps? Perhaps backing up your skin textures and installing another like SG_Females to see if the seam is still there. I think I use to get that "reddish color under the eyes" issue when I used Enhanced Character Edit, I'm not exactly sure how I fixed it each time. Using the UNP Texture Blender should fix most neck seam issues unless it's a problem with the meshes them selves. If the problem still persists after trying different textures, try using one of Ran's head meshes. Also, (though I'm sure this has nothing to do with it) make sure your skse.ini file is set up properly, I'll include mine.

SKSE.zip

To those who wish to make a character with a well-proportioned face (read: beautiful bone structure), this might be of interest (Windows version of the application is attached to this post, Mac can probably be found on phimatrix's website).

The application itself

Brief overview of what the application and golden ratio (phi) is:

The application in action (you'll want to use all of the relations they use in this video on your character):

After watching the two videos, install phimatrix, snap a/several frontal screenshots of the character in question, launch phimatrix and configure the grid as needed (look at the video for relations/ratios and how to configure the grid for them if you find yourself unable to figure it out) and make adjustments accordingly. Remember to switch to a hairstyle that gives you a clear and full view of the character's face/facial contours for the screenshot(s).

For reference, try it out on Hellosanta's character:

2209393-1375826093.jpg

One thing that should be noted is that the distance between the eyes is near impossible to adjust to the "ideal" 1.618 ratio while maintaining a "beautiful look" as the human head mesh by default in Skyrim appears to be too wide. Either way, that doesn't necessairly mean that a given character looks bad, which is evidently not the case with Hellosanta's character if you ask me.

And yes, it is a 14 day trial program. However, once the time is up, circumventing that is simply done by turning your operating system's clock/date back to when you first installed the application before launching it.

PhiMatrixSetupVista.zip

Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and likely Windows 8 too.

Additional tips and tricks

"Cartoonish" characters

If you want to mimic the look of a particular character from an anime/cartoon, please, for the love of Darwin, do NOT go overboard on the size (or lack thereof) of the eyes, nose, mouth or what have you, in effect literally copying the looks of the character as presented in the cartoon. In Skyrim, it will almost unanimously look either weird, uncanny, outright atrocious or a combination of them all. You'd rather invoke key elements of said character relative to the others in the show (as in their distinguishable features). The only exception to be made is when the cartoon and its characters are built upon realistic foundations.

Character creation

Other than the general tips and tricks usually provided, which has been repeated several times throughout the course of this thread, something I tend do is to crank down/up a slider as low or high as it'll go and then tone it back up or down to a level which I find adequate/sufficient. The process goes along the lines of this:

The nose looks too wide/too thin (maxed out sliders)  -> tone it back down/up to a reasonable level  -> tuning it to a finer degree

Prior to stumbling upon phimatrix, I made liberal use of this with all my characters (and still do). Upon closer inspection and using the grid to see how they measured up, I found that nearly all of them already had virtually ideal proportions without the aid of this tool.

Also, I haven't seen this eye normal map getting much attention around here, but it does wonders bringing some actual life to the empty gaze of Skyrim's characters.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54416/?

Mods Used

---------------

Location - Aether Suite

---------------

Racemenu

Kountervibe ENB - Northern Lights

---------------

Body - Lunari Custom UNPB TBBP Mesh

---------------

Textures - Custom blend of True Daughters of Skyrim, Fair Skin, and UNP

_msn - Women of Skyrim

_s & _sk - Fair Skin

---------------

Face Textures - Same blend as body, but instead of UNP it's XCE Patch of UNP

Eyes - Eyes of Aber

Makeup - Skse makeup

Hair - Hairdos

---------------

Armor - Blacktalon for Sevenbase

---------------

It looks like it may be annoying to read, I may edit the post later

---------------

15649600021_0a4618ca12_o.jpg

15652286165_9c6eb39b09_o.jpg

15466323057_edb21152da_o.jpg

15466143388_91137bf82a_o.jpg

15466143378_7a28a7943f_o.jpg

15649601931_a2eb9391e1_o.jpg

15032139253_19e511fbe6_o.jpg

15466144478_c9e86069fc_o.jpg

15032139783_f46d0422dd_o.jpg

The mod I use:

Enhanced Character Edit
SG Female Textures Renewal

And what ever you want to use eyes mod and hair mod.  

That's it, sample and easy.

Learning how to use ECE vertex edit, is the way I create character,

I can't create character without this.

post-89240-0-78078800-1414522409_thumb.jpg

To reduce fraud ingredients a little bit more, I turn off ENB to show you.

post-89240-0-66144900-1414522417_thumb.jpg

Vertex edit is very important to me, to see this image, 

I use vertex edit a lot on my character, you can see this image,

it before and after I reset vertex edit, the face will be very terrible after reset vertex edit.

post-89240-0-54130700-1414522425_thumb.jpgpost-89240-0-10219200-1414522437_thumb.jpg

And usually I turn and turn off ENB many time when I edit face,

to be sure my character face can look not so bad without ENB,

otherwise the character face just made by ENB.

And somebody from same country of mine said choose the good hair, will make your character like a angel,

I agree but.... make a challenge, for showing to myself was the hair help me a lot?

So I create a bald character.

post-89240-0-95577000-1414522449_thumb.jpg

but sure.... had hair looks like more better then no hair for many people...

post-89240-0-21995900-1414522460_thumb.jpg

But yea...sure, ENB still help you a lot.

post-89240-0-64489700-1414523557_thumb.jpg

~snip

Thanks for this insightful post. For people like me who has no advanced knowledge of human anatomy and proportions, it's often tricky to discern inconsistencies in our creations. Most of the time I just tweak until it feels "right" and pleasant, but with trial and errors and head mesh limitations, it's often a frustrating experience because in fact, you don't know exactly where you go and what you really want to achieve. And when you practice something it's always better to know not only how you do it but also why you do it - basically, understanding what you do.

I don't think she's on the level of some of these characters, but I like her. Maybe someone else will too~ No clothes (or ENB) because who needs 'em?!

2014-10-29_00003.jpg

2014-10-29_00004.jpg

2014-10-29_00005.jpg

Mods are nothing too crazy:

• UNP body
  • Racemenu
  • ApacheHair
  • The Eyes of Beauty
  • Norse-Themed Tattoo Pack
  • Freckle Mania
  • True Daughters of Skyrim
  • Weathered Warpaint

Here are some pics of a new character im working on, not my main tho :)

post-57857-0-65388600-1414615070_thumb.jpgpost-57857-0-59076600-1414615071_thumb.jpgpost-57857-0-78292400-1414615072_thumb.jpgpost-57857-0-79523800-1414615073_thumb.jpgpost-57857-0-93284700-1414615074_thumb.jpgpost-57857-0-01324800-1414615076_thumb.jpg

Mods for face

Racemenu - edited proportions

Naruto anime overhaul - eyes

SG textures eyebrows/skin

Glorious persperation - sexy sweat ;)

Satan's hair pack - awesome hair

THEHAGS tattoos - face tattoo(i think)

The mod I use:

Enhanced Character Edit
SG Female Textures Renewal

And what ever you want to use eyes mod and hair mod.  

That's it, sample and easy.

Learning how to use ECE vertex edit, is the way I create character,

I can't create character without this.

attachicon.gif00.jpg

To reduce fraud ingredients a little bit more, I turn off ENB to show you.

attachicon.gif01.jpg

Vertex edit is very important to me, to see this image, 

I use vertex edit a lot on my character, you can see this image,

it before and after I reset vertex edit, the face will be very terrible after reset vertex edit.

attachicon.gif02.jpgattachicon.gif03.jpg

And usually I turn and turn off ENB many time when I edit face,

to be sure my character face can look not so bad without ENB,

otherwise the character face just made by ENB.

And somebody from same country of mine said choose the good hair, will make your character like a angel,

I agree but.... make a challenge, for showing to myself was the hair help me a lot?

So I create a bald character.

attachicon.gif04.jpg

but sure.... had hair looks like more better then no hair for many people...

attachicon.gif05.jpg

But yea...sure, ENB still help you a lot.

attachicon.gif02.jpg

do you play without ENB? No?

do you make the char available to others? No?

Then why do you care what it looks like without enb? you're creating work for yourself.

Do you play the char without hair? No?

Then why do you care wht it looks like without hair? can make the person in the real world, just the same as the game.

Here are some pics of a new character im working on, not my main tho :)

Mods for face

Racemenu - edited proportions

Naruto anime overhaul - eyes

SG textures eyebrows/skin

Glorious persperation - sexy sweat ;)

Satan's hair pack - awesome hair

THEHAGS tattoos - face tattoo(i think)

Every one of your screenshots were either in shadow or at night. That doesn't do much at all for showing off the char.

Facing a pit fire, or facing the sun is the best way. If the char looks washed out or just plain bad in those coditions, then you should fix your enb settings.

Then why do you care what it looks like without enb? you're creating work for yourself.

Then why do you care wht it looks like without hair? can make the person in the real world, just the same as the game.

Do you play without ENB? Yes, as many people don't/can't use ENB.

Do you make the char available to other? Fucking damn 100% YES.

Then why do you care what it looks like without enb? Because I provide the perfect work, like your HDT.

Do you play the char without hair? Yes, otherwise why I fucking create that character?

Then why do you care wht it looks like without hair? Like I said, I provide the perfect work.

Any other question? hah, first time I feel sick in Loverslab.

"you're creating work for yourself."

Is there the topic to share how you work with character? or I miss?

Do you play without ENB? Yes, as many people don't/can't use ENB.
Do you make the char available to other? Fucking damn 100% YES.
Then why do you care what it looks like without enb? Because I provide the perfect work, like your HDT.

Do you play the char without hair? Yes, otherwise why I fucking create that character?
Then why do you care wht it looks like without hair? Like I said, I provide the perfect work.

Any other question? hah, first time I feel sick in Loverslab.
"you're creating work for yourself."
Is there the topic to share how you work with character? or I miss?

Lol I don't even remember typing that. too much drinking.

EVen so, I'd say you're completely different than anyone else. I've never known anyone to play without enb after playing with.

Normally i'm the guy that says "if you're having fun, who cares". I wouldn't be the one spending extra time for 1% of users, but who am I to say?

I seriously have no idea why i typed that. HAD to have been drunk.

I'd love to be able to use the vertices editor on the Demonica head. Maybe I'll get bored later and start up a MO profile with Demonica and ECE just to see what happens! :lol: It could be scarier, like blow her head up or something. :o

I tried it. WIth ECE most of the sliders don't show up while using Demonica. But it's still as many sliders as RM gives while using it. And the ECE vertices editor doesn't even show up at all so I couldn't try using it.

[snip]

I must admit i was a bit skeptical about this and didn't believe that it could make a lot of difference, but out of curiosity i checked it anyway... and I couldn't be more wrong. If someone is wondering if it really does help, then i can vouch that it does.

I've corrected eyes of my character with it (it seems like I've perfectly hit the spot for all the lips-nose ratios even before using that program, so there was no need to correct them), and it really does look much better and less awkward that way. You probably won't be able to hit the mark for all of the golden ratios (I couldn't) if you want to save the general shape of your face, but even if you correct only few of them I'm pretty sure you will notice the difference.

Hello all.  Long time lurker here.  I read through most of this thread and finally decided to mod my skyrim and create a new female character.

I really liked the character posted by WhiskeyGiro last year, found in post 854 of this thread. I followed his detailed and very helpful advice in that post and used that as a base. Then I made adjustments to suit my tastes and added a few more mods. For example, I made her breasts a little bigger, picked different hair (less clipping in the back), added some subtle freckles, etc. I was going for a sort-of half-Asian/half-Caucasian type of look. I am far from an artist, but I like how she looks so far. I would welcome any advice on slider settings or mods to make her look even better.

Pictures (nudity):

Shiita_modified_face.png

Shiita_modified_body.png

Mods Used:

I am also considering trying out UNPB Body, ApachiiSkyHair, HN66 Hands and Nails, True Eyes, and/or Eyes of Amber to see if I can get better results.

I tried using Pretty Face and envision Face, as these mads made her look a little more Asian IMO. However, those mods introduced neck seams that I could not get rid of to my satisfaction, even using (UNP) Texture Blender. (TexBlend helped a lot, but the seam was still too visible to me.)

I have not added any physics yet but the next step will be to work on incorporating HDT.

Does anyone have suggestions for good clothing/armor mods (preferably with BBP/TBBP/HDT capability)?  I intend for that character to be a mage/assassin type, so she'll probably wear cloth or light armor. I'm leaning toward the 'I Love Cleavage' stuff from the SeveNBase Conversion, because, well, I really do love cleavage. I have not yet looked very hard for clothing mods, so any suggestions here would be most welcome indeed.

Thank you for any advice any of you can offer me.  Also, if anyone has any specific questions about my character above, I would be happy to answer.

EDIT

I have updated my character if anyone is interested. I decided to switch to the SG Female Textures and used the brown eyes from Eyes of Amber. Also added a couple of extra tattoos. I also darkened the freckles slightly to make them more visible (but still subtle).

Updated Pictures (nude):

Shiita_modified_face_SG.png

Shiita_modified_body_SG.png

Did a little more experimenting. Ended up sort of accidentally stumbling upon a setup I love. 

First the pictures (NSFW/Nudity):

U6xmhEd.jpg

u6dxoF1.jpg

FvmbNHE.jpg

rU5sGsf.jpg

TBRFuRP.jpg

The Clothes

Gloves & Necklace: Osare Gothic Lolita  - UNPB conversion by b3lisario

Link: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10341-conversions-for-unpb-with-bbp/

Description: Your standard lolita fare. There is a bit of clipping with the body I chose, but nothing that really shows up in photo.

Panties: Amiella Outfit - Sevenbase Cleavage conversion by Jordick

Link: http://www.loverslab.com/blog/88/entry-692-7b-conversions-e4/

Description: This is a great conversion of an old unp outfit. That said, I initially decided that I didn't want to keep it enough as it was, even though it has, in my opinion, one of the best pairs of non-thong white panties for photos. I decided to keep it, and it ended up leading to what has now become my main body. 

The Appearance

I have posted other images with descriptions. Most of the mods used for this picture are the same ones that were in my previously posted pictures. I will just post the new mods I've begun using. 

Skin: UNP Creamy by HoneyVanity

Link: Google search

Description: This is another of those mods that changed how I created toons. As the name says, it gives the skin a nice, clean, creamy quality. I ended up only using the "_1.dds" and "sk.dds" files in the end. I am partial to the sweaty texture I already use (with specular strength and gloss tweaked in nifskope -- 50 glossiness, 30 specular strength), and a different muscle texture. 

Muscle: Loose files version of the UNP Fitness Body (Smooth Abs version)

Link: Try Google

Description: After experimenting with the "No Muscles" version, which still has some definition but ultimately just looks like someone that is thin, but doesn't work out that often, I decided I wanted abs. Smooth Abs takes the look into fitness model territory, though the creaminess of the skin textures, to my surprise, helps keep the body looking soft, even while the muscles are rock hard. There is a version of Fitness Body on the Nexus, though the original author has long since eschewed loose files for an exe blender program that is supposed to get rid of seams. I've heard some good, some bad about it. For simplicity sake, I chose to stick with the loose files, and I've never had any issues with them. 

Body: Sevenbase Cleavage with BBP by Jordick (sort of)

Link: N/A (I can post it somewhere if anybody should care, or if someone doesn't use nifskope)

Description: For a long time I've been looking for "something" in a body. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but each time I switched to a new body it felt like there was one or more aspects that just didn't tickle my fancy. After downloading a number of Jordick's cleavage conversions, I started realizing how much I enjoyed the look. I tried out Amiella and decided I didn't want it enough in my load order -- then sort of had an epiphany. The Sevenbase body comes with a cleavage body included for modders, though iirc it isn't initiallty weighted for BBP. I decided to go in with nifskope and remove the clothing from the Amiella cleavage body.

The result: a cleavage body with working BBP. 

Edit: I had a bit of a brain fart and posted the wrong pics. I've reuploaded pics with higher texture quality (the previous ones were from when I was experimenting with my inis).