NiOverride Pose Adjustments

slash197

This is amazing. How many times I wished I could adjust poses just ever so slightly. I've played around with this a little bit and it actually works on all animations. User beware though, it's not perfect and has some strange effects sometimes. Great tool nonetheless!

Install it and change the language in the json file to english. Once ingame use the 1 key on your numpad to initialize the choice menu for which bodypart you want to edit. Then press x y or z for which axis you want to move and hold it while using up, down, left and right keys to move.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, TheVirus478 said:

Great mod, only question I have is there any way to move a object with a associated pose. Like how some poses have towels or items in the characters hand etc? Thanks

I'm late but the newest versions come with bones to use with NiOPA Objects (SSE) which adds a large bunch of items you can move as you've described but you won't be able to move the items that come with poses.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:25 AM, Darth Halberd said:

I installed the mod and all of its requirements successfully, but nothing happens when I use the numpad in game. What should I do?

9 times out of 10, NiOPA requires a clean save in order to work properly which might be the problem but it could potentially be something else. Make sure you know what skeleton your character is using and if anything is overwriting some of the prerequisite mods (ie. Sexlab overwrites PapyrusUtil with an older version, stuff like that).

23 hours ago, Artsick said:

I'm late but the newest versions come with bones to use with NiOPA Objects (SSE) which adds a large bunch of items you can move as you've described but you won't be able to move the items that come with poses.

9 times out of 10, NiOPA requires a clean save in order to work properly which might be the problem but it could potentially be something else. Make sure you know what skeleton your character is using and if anything is overwriting some of the prerequisite mods (ie. Sexlab overwrites PapyrusUtil with an older version, stuff like that).

I've heard this several times, and I've replaced the character in question's skeleton with the one they sent me, but I don't know what they mean by a "clean save". If they mean to just save before using it, I've done that, and the numpad still doesn't do anything.

1 hour ago, Darth Halberd said:

I've heard this several times, and I've replaced the character in question's skeleton with the one they sent me, but I don't know what they mean by a "clean save". If they mean to just save before using it, I've done that, and the numpad still doesn't do anything.

clean save meaning a brand new save rather than an old one that's been saved over.

On 6/1/2017 at 9:52 PM, slash197 said:

So, this came out today. http://sesamin.tumblr.com/post/161312728101/nioverride-pose-adjustments

It's meant to let you adjust the position of body parts while using static pose mods.  No more will large characters be plagued with clipping issues when using pose mods!  Down with the tyranny of people of average size!

hey, wanted to ask wheter or not this link is dead?  When I click it, it leeds me to a more or less empty page. :/

On 2/2/2019 at 9:55 PM, M4rth said:

hey, wanted to ask wheter or not this link is dead?  When I click it, it leeds me to a more or less empty page. :/

It was probably taken down because of tumblr's purge but here's the latest link.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:00 AM, Darth Halberd said:

I go in, I press new save, I press number 1 on numpad, nothing happens. Just for clarification, here's my full mod list:

I can't really tell much from this. NiOPA and its prerequisites are mostly SKSE plugins and scripts so if it's not working, then there's probably something being overwritten or not installed properly. With NMM I can't tell what order you've installed things and can't tell what's been changed or added. 

It honestly might be a good idea to invest time into switching to MO2.

1 hour ago, Artsick said:

It was probably taken down because of tumblr's purge but here's the latest link.

I can't really tell much from this. NiOPA and its prerequisites are mostly SKSE plugins and scripts so if it's not working, then there's probably something being overwritten or not installed properly. With NMM I can't tell what order you've installed things and can't tell what's been changed or added. 

It honestly might be a good idea to invest time into switching to MO2.

thx alot :)

I'm sorry, I don't really know how to solve the problem you're having. My best advice would be to switch to MO for better control over that sort of thing since it keeps everything secluded to their own folders and a lot of other useful things that would help. After a second look through your mods today, I wanted to mention that RaceMenu includes NiOverride with every version since 2.0 so having both that and standalone installed might not be a good idea. You also don't seem to have SkyUI? That's not a requirement for anything afaik but I thought it was interesting.

Another suggestion would be to make sure your numlock is on/off and if you use a laptop that you press the function key with the numbers.. not trying to insult you lol, I just figured it was worth mentioning just in case. I hope you manage to figure it out regardless, that's a shame.

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, Darth Halberd said:

I was out of ideas, so I disabled every mod I had except for NiOPA and its prerequisite mods. Still, nothing happens when I use the numpad. What should I do?

Is numlock on?  That's the only thing I can think of.  That and you have to start a new game from what I've heard.  It looks like your XPSME is a high enough version I think.  Can't remember what version this mod requires but it looks like you keep you mods up-to-date. 

I just read Artsick's post.  I gotta learn how to read before trying to help.  I didn't notice, let alone, think about the NetImmerse override mod being there twice since it's in Racemenu.

I too suggest moving over to Mod Organizer.  Going from Nexus Mod Manager to MO is like going from MS Paint to Photoshop.  MO has a little bit of a learning curve but stick with it and you will be rewarded.  I suggest watching some tutorials on it.

And thank you for letting me know that the Werechair mod is a thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 4:15 AM, Maximum Carnage said:

does this work with idle animations?

Yes, with any animation and the edits stay between saves.

1 hour ago, Artsick said:

Yes, with any animation and the edits stay between saves.

let me ask you this, can i tweak sexlab animations?

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, Forshare said:

What skeleton does this use? Everything is working but the knees, elbows, feet, and hands hinge too far down the bone. Like the knee is bending on the bottom of the shin. I have the latest XPMSE. 

It uses its own because it adds new nodes to the skeleton so it should overwrite XPMSE. Custom races will need their skeletons replaced as well if you want pose adjustment to work.

The bones bend a bit differently to the way you would expect due to the way that they are forced to be implemented. Like the CME bones added for RaceMenu's sliders, NiOPA places bones between joints, rather than being able to move the actual bone (whatever bone you're choosing from the list) itself... because it can't. The result is moving things in a slightly broken way which is good enough for small changes, but not nearly good for making your own poses on the fly. Some patience will be needed for creative poses. If you've ever weighted an outfit before, you might have an idea of why everything bends the way it does.

Archived