A.S.I.A. - Sexbots of The Commonwealth [Old-Discontinued]

On 7/21/2018 at 4:10 PM, mercplatypus said:

Definitely second this opinion.  Its always felt a little strange that there are no interactions with any ASIA models running around the commonwealth. Giving them a little more life/presence would be great.  

I found a reasonably easy way to identify the enslaved ASIA NPCs (without resorting to arcane linkages between mods): they're all in CaptiveFaction, and they all seem to have the same VoiceType.  So I've written four small scenes for them, including one where they try to cadge Nanite Overclock from the player.  Still not big conversationalists, but they're no longer lobotomized.  I'm testing these changes now, should be good to go in a couple of days.

New Combat Fatigues. Designed for the Gen 1 and v0.5 bodies:

20180722182042_1.jpg

20180722182130_1.jpg

They're underarmor, and actually fit quite nicely with the ASIA armors equipped by the chairs. I'll post more screens another time. For now, I need to fix my armor part mixup in the new holotape script ?

Trykz

11 hours ago, Trykz said:

Thanks for reporting. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about it. I don't use it, so I don't even know what it is. And if I start trying to make my mod compatible with everything anyone has issues with, I'll never get anything else done ?

Trykz

No problem, I certainly do not expect compatible with every mod out there, that would be, ack seriously time consuming on your part.

I kept meaning to mention it for some time just never got around to it, as for the mod itself here is a link if you want to have a look

And from what I remember it only affect gen4 anyway, as they are the only ones that have in effect built in over armour.

On 7/22/2018 at 3:40 PM, Trykz said:

Autonomy Enhanced is pretty redundant with RSE's shenanigans, isn't it?

Don't really know for sure, as I don't use Four_Play any longer. From what I gather, Four_Play will essentially be defunct soon, with AAF taking it's place as the default animation framework. It's simply a matter of time until everything Four_Play achieved is integrated into AAF based mods. Much of it already is.

Trykz

Hoped that both are compatible, got 1.06 as update today but no success. Enabled all options, so settler do with settlers, my follower, synths and dogs. But all A.S.I.A are spared out, even in the production facility where RSE full cause a lot of action. Will try to optimize load orders, maybe that help.

Hey Trykz! im having a really weird bug... when/if i want to remove the mod my character retains the total rad immunity, is there any way to "fix" this?

EDIT: only way i have found to fix this is reloading an earlier save...

1 hour ago, mercplatypus said:

Autonomy Enhanced and Shenanigans from RSE are literally the exact same thing as far as I can tell.  Autonomy Enhanced is just split from RSE for people who didn't want to mess around with all the other features.

Had a look with FO4Edit, found this what's looking suspicious

AAF_AE use a variable named AE_Friendly with Faction ID and AE_Name variables for the configurable groups to play with.

The A.S.I.A. AAF_RSE Patch refers to RSE_ variables for action, it put the RSE patch right behind AAF_AE without success. Tried to rewrite the variable in the patch to AE_Friendly group fpr CSA allowable races what seems not to be enough.

3 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

Autonomy Enhanced and Shenanigans from RSE are literally the exact same thing as far as I can tell.  Autonomy Enhanced is just split from RSE for people who didn't want to mess around with all the other features.

Look up the radiation immunity effect, and remove it through the console. Alternatively, try ingesting uncooked food or water. ASIA's rad immunity is only effective on "airborne" rads.

Trykz

So before I touch this mod, I'm curious about one major aspect. I don't want spoilers because I know you put a ton of work into the story and stuff. So all I want to know is, are the body textures always on or do you get changed to them later.

2 hours ago, Zethaneff said:

Had a look with FO4Edit, found this what's looking suspicious

AAF_AE use a variable named AE_Friendly with Faction ID and AE_Name variables for the configurable groups to play with.

The A.S.I.A. AAF_RSE Patch refers to RSE_ variables for action, it put the RSE patch right behind AAF_AE without success. Tried to rewrite the variable in the patch to AE_Friendly group fpr CSA allowable races what seems not to be enough.

The ASIA AAF_RSE patch doesn't "refer" to anything. It simply adds the races directly to RSE's allowed race form. Other than that, it has no other functions at all. The mod works fine with RSE. So at this point, I think it's probably safe to assume that Autonomy Enhanced is the culprit here.

That said, I have no inclination toward moving my mod "backward". Four_Play and it's associated mods are essentially near dead. With AAF fast becoming the "go to" framework, and RSE incorporating nearly everything Autonomy (and a whole host of other FP mods) had, I really don't see the point in trying to continue supporting Four_Play or anything built under it. So my plan is to move forward while AAF and RSE are still in their earliest phases, so I can keep up with insuring my mod works with whatever is built under them. Right along with a number of other modders here who are doing the same.

Trykz

So if you wanna play a Brotherhood sided character, you'll need to have a look inside this thing sitting right outside Vault 111:

20180723173319_1.jpg

However, if you're undecided, you have the next 9 levels after leaving the vault to decide. And if you decide to side with the BoS after leaving this area, then there are "trap" terminals all over The Commonwealth you can check out to make that final leap. These terminals have an enticing choice on them, leading you to click that option to find the "hidden cap stash" or some such. Clicking on this option rewards you with "the hack". At which point you're instantly sequenced into the BoS v0.5 body, removed from all of the ASIA factions, and placed into the BoSNeutralFaction. This new faction is enemy to ALL ASIA Generations. Once this choice is made (or if you clicked on the terminal option just to "see what happens"), there is no going back. Even your own kind will try to kill you. So don't even think about trying to enter the Production Facility. If you decide to ignore Maxson's orders for a while, the ONLY place you are safe is the Sewer Bunker outside C.I.T..

So if you want to remain an intact ASIA, DO NOT "see what happens" LOL

After making the switch, look at the terminal again to see the nice "welcome" message there for you from Elder Maxson ?

------------------------------------------------

Currently, I'm just polishing some loose ends before I start working on the v1.5, v2.5, and v3.5 body textures. Once those are finished, I'll spend a weekend converting some more EasyGirl stuff to the Gen 1 and v0.5 bodies, after which I'll be ready to turn this loose.

Trykz

On 7/23/2018 at 7:36 AM, stallionsden69 said:

can you not have sex with asia bots.

Yes, take AAF, both animation packages, RSE and the A.S.I.A. RSE-AAF Patch. Lot's of fun, build settlements and turn them to brothels later. For the moment to get more A.S.I.A. units for your builds, the Portable Cloning Device mod will do. Duplicate bots to friendly settlers or the G105 patrols to new settlers after they are down. No FourPlay needed at all?

Need guards for your settlement? Shot into a row of G1 in the production facility to duplicate them?

On 7/22/2018 at 6:04 PM, stobor said:

I found a reasonably easy way to identify the enslaved ASIA NPCs (without resorting to arcane linkages between mods): they're all in CaptiveFaction, and they all seem to have the same VoiceType.  So I've written four small scenes for them, including one where they try to cadge Nanite Overclock from the player.  Still not big conversationalists, but they're no longer lobotomized.  I'm testing these changes now, should be good to go in a couple of days.

FYI, the 'Rogue Sexbot' update with the new scenes for ASIA NPCs is released now.

I'm having some problems with transitions from one generation ASIA body to another; the stats change as they should, and the 'race' changes - but the body textures don't always change.  On this run, I had a smooth transition from Gen1 to Gen2.  But the switch from Gen2 to Gen3 kept the Gen2 textures.

On an earlier run, I had the opposite problem (Gen2 kept Gen1 textures except for the hands, but Gen3 worked fine).  So it's not consistent from one play-through to another, but it doesn't seem to be random within a single game.  Reloading a prior save and rerunning the transition makes no difference.

I can probably work around it by copying texture files over top of one another (that's worked in the past), but I can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't working reliably.  It doesn't look like any of the texture set paths are misplaced.

Edit: Regenerating the Gen3 body in Bodyslide had no effect either.

2 hours ago, stobor said:

I'm having some problems with transitions from one generation ASIA body to another; the stats change as they should, and the 'race' changes - but the body textures don't always change.  On this run, I had a smooth transition from Gen1 to Gen2.  But the switch from Gen2 to Gen3 kept the Gen2 textures.

On an earlier run, I had the opposite problem (Gen2 kept Gen1 textures except for the hands, but Gen3 worked fine).  So it's not consistent from one play-through to another, but it doesn't seem to be random within a single game.  Reloading a prior save and rerunning the transition makes no difference.

I can probably work around it by copying texture files over top of one another (that's worked in the past), but I can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't working reliably.  It doesn't look like any of the texture set paths are misplaced.

Edit: Regenerating the Gen3 body in Bodyslide had no effect either.

Sounds like something is conflicting. If you're running any type of "unique to the player" mods (meaning anything that makes changes to the "Player" preset), start with looking at those. Both Unique Player and LMCC are known to cause issues, because BOTH seize control of the Player preset, which ASIA requires to be unmodified.

The Player preset should never be modified by ANY mod for ANY reason. The game swaps into and out of it far too often for any mod to reliably take control of it. Such as when you enter power armor. Your character is actually saved for when you get out of power armor. But while you're "in" power armor, your character is actually set to the "PowerArmorRace". And the only things loaded from the Player preset, are your character's stats, head, and customization options FROM the Player preset.

Let me know what you find. If there's a conflict, I'll list it on the main post.

Trykz

Ok so I've had an issue I face once in a few hours. This is NOT caused by this mod, but this mod is affected by it. Sometimes, whenever AAF starts an animation, it fails to re-equip the gear you were wearing. Normally, this is fine, as you could just re-equip your gear. However, it is a problem here because gen 1 bodies don't allow you to equip their parts, so if anything is unequipped I have no idea how to re-equip it, meaning I'd just load an earlier save. It's rare enough that it's not a big issue for me, but is there anyway to get around that?

4 minutes ago, Risev said:

Ok so I've had an issue I face once in a few hours. This is NOT caused by this mod, but this mod is affected by it. Sometimes, whenever AAF starts an animation, it fails to re-equip the gear you were wearing. Normally, this is fine, as you could just re-equip your gear. However, it is a problem here because gen 1 bodies don't allow you to equip their parts, so if anything is unequipped I have no idea how to re-equip it, meaning I'd just load an earlier save. It's rare enough that it's not a big issue for me, but is there anyway to get around that?

I've got AAF configured to only strip torso, and I think I've only encountered the problem you describe once or twice.  It might depend on the animation in question (if you can identify it somehow, that could help to pin it down).  I know there's something in the XML definitions for animations that includes 'reEquip' actions; maybe that's been omitted in some cases.

Or it could just be an intermittent problem with AAF itself, though that wouldn't be my first guess.

14 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Sounds like something is conflicting. If you're running any type of "unique to the player" mods (meaning anything that makes changes to the "Player" preset), start with looking at those. Both Unique Player and LMCC are known to cause issues, because BOTH seize control of the Player preset, which ASIA requires to be unmodified. 

Trykz

No, I'm not running any mods of that sort at the moment (I do use Unique Player sometimes, but not on this run - I know it's not compatible).  If that were the cause though, I'd expect ALL the transitions to fail: vanilla body to Gen1 worked, and Gen1 to Gen2 worked (this time).  I'm mystified, particularly by the inconsistencies between games.

1 minute ago, stobor said:

I've got AAF configured to only strip torso, and I think I've only encountered the problem you describe once or twice.  It might depend on the animation in question (if you can identify it somehow, that could help to pin it down).  I know there's something in the XML definitions for animations that includes 'reEquip' actions; maybe that's been omitted in some cases.

Or it could just be an intermittent problem with AAF itself, though that wouldn't be my first guess.

I'm not aware of any specific animation, however, I did notice that in the instances it happened sometimes coincided with a function of RSE (I'm using the AAF version of RSE). When the unequip / equip glitch happens to coincide with RSE, it's during the times when RSE asks through a dialogue box whether or not you want to go at it another time with your partner. If I click either option, nothing happens and I have to click that option again. Sorry if that's confusing but I'm not sure how to word it clearer. 

I don't think RSE is responsible for this because most times when I encountered this glitch, I didn't get this dialogue box from RSE. I'm just saying that the same bug might be causing both problems. 

One theory: some other mod might be overlaying its own textures (e.g. after effects from animation scenes) and the overlays may be masking / preventing the race swap textures from taking effect.  But I thought I'd disabled most such effects...

2 minutes ago, Risev said:

I'm not aware of any specific animation, however, I did notice that in the instances it happened sometimes coincided with a function of RSE (I'm using the AAF version of RSE). When the unequip / equip glitch happens to coincide with RSE, it's during the times when RSE asks through a dialogue box whether or not you want to go at it another time with your partner. If I click either option, nothing happens and I have to click that option again. Sorry if that's confusing but I'm not sure how to word it clearer. 

I don't think RSE is responsible for this because most times when I encountered this glitch, I didn't get this dialogue box from RSE. I'm just saying that the same bug might be causing both problems. 

Doesn't RSE have its own strip functionality?  I seem to recall reading that in one of the threads.  I wonder if there's a potential race condition between that and AAF's native strip functionality...

3 minutes ago, stobor said:

Doesn't RSE have its own strip functionality?  I seem to recall reading that in one of the threads.  I wonder if there's a potential race condition between that and AAF's native strip functionality...

If it does, then maybe it is caused by RSE. don't know if RSE handles striping on its own though. 

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing that strip bug anytime except when RSE kicks in with that 'do you want to go again' messagebox.  That's not proof of anything, and you said you had seen it in other cases, so take it with a grain of salt.