What body mods is everyone using?

smudge78

I roll my own UUNP compatible bodies with matching armor in BodySlide SSE. This is unsupported (do not bother Ousnius or Caliente with issues) but it works 99.9% of the time if you know what you're doing and have the right Bodyslide shape metadata.

I roll my own UUNP compatible bodies with matching armor in BodySlide SSE. This is unsupported (do not bother Ousnius or Caliente with issues) but it works 99.9% of the time if you know what you're doing and have the right Bodyslide shape metadata.

Same for me though finding uunp bodyslide armor and clothes that are not hdt/nio is a bit of a pain, yes you can remove those requirements, but I freely admit I am lazy in that regards, I prefer plug and go :shy:

To be honest at present I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out why the ghost robes from the art of magic are invisible when everything else works fine, all the meshes and textures appear to be correct, think I may just give and and go play with something else, maybe the shinshin armour replacer which I would like for sse, though I get the feeling that would be an even bigger pain to sort out for sse.

I use CBBE + Demoniac for females and SOS + Vitruvia for males.  The only issue I run into with it is some of the armor from Immersive Armor has some minor clipping issues with it for females, mostly around the shoulders.  Remodelled Armor works fine.

Same for me though finding uunp bodyslide armor and clothes that are not hdt/nio is a bit of a pain, yes you can remove those requirements, but I freely admit I am lazy in that regards, I prefer plug and go :shy:

To be honest at present I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out why the ghost robes from the art of magic are invisible when everything else works fine, all the meshes and textures appear to be correct, think I may just give and and go play with something else, maybe the shinshin armour replacer which I would like for sse, though I get the feeling that would be an even bigger pain to sort out for sse.

I've encountered a few here or there but I've been ignoring it and they work fine. Of course if I'm presented with the option of either (e.g. the DX armors) I pick non HDT, but otherwise no problems from using the BS definitions for HDT versions. I may have just jinxed myself of course, but I use the XP32SE skeleton for insurance.

Regarding that invisible robe, check the textures to see if they're in a wonky format that SSE won't read. I can't remember the exact formats but I've been compressing normals as BC7 and just running the other variants through Ordenador (ddsopt *seems to*  produce some of the incompatible formats unfortunately) to make sure they're compressed in a valid DXTn format. I have had to do this for a few invisible armors and it usually does the trick. If not you have to break out Photoshop and do rocket surgery with the Nvidia DDS plugin.

I've encountered a few here or there but I've been ignoring it and they work fine. Of course if I'm presented with the option of either (e.g. the DX armors) I pick non HDT, but otherwise no problems from using the BS definitions for HDT versions. I may have just jinxed myself of course, but I use the XP32SE skeleton for insurance.

Regarding that invisible robe, check the textures to see if they're in a wonky format that SSE won't read. I can't remember the exact formats but I've been compressing normals as BC7 and just running the other variants through Ordenador (ddsopt *seems to*  produce some of the incompatible formats unfortunately) to make sure they're compressed in a valid DXTn format. I have had to do this for a few invisible armors and it usually does the trick. If not you have to break out Photoshop and do rocket surgery with the Nvidia DDS plugin.

Hmm, textures, now that has potential, I vaguely remember reading somewhere in one of the sse threads that it does not like tga formats, but yeh I could run a batch convert on the entire texture folder into the sse format from whatever it currently is.

And at one point fnis for sse just would not run, the upgrade to windows 10 creators edition recently sorted that out though for some reason.  And I do have a batch nif editor somewhere, that can change existing stuff in a nif, it was set up to do texture patch changes but I think it can do anything it can find.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived