[Sims 4] Skarrds Perverted Expansion Pack (Update to 1.0.1 Jan/03 2024)

11 hours ago, jrmy0413 said:

i have a question i know there is a traveling bug with this mod does it only happen when you have the traits on your sim or can the bug still trigger just by the mod being in your mods folder?

11 hours ago, jrmy0413 said:

because i was in my game a moment ago and my whole entire family went with the one sim that was traveling by her self and she didn't have the trait on her none of the family did.

I believe thats the answer there. Apparently it doesn't matter if they have the trait or not. (I was wondering so I appreciate the feedback)

6 hours ago, Dark Thoughts said:

You can edit replies, no need to double post.

And it seems to be a bug with the modding tool used which likely introduced an incompatibility with one of the Sims 4 updates at some point that's causing this behavior for either any mod that was made with it or with any mod that uses a certain function of the tool that's used for the mod. Seeing how this is still not fixed I feel that the mod might have to get converted to get rid of this tool dependency entirely.

I even know the specific function that's causing it. It's a function called "triggers". It recognizes an interaction occurring. When I started making this trait, about 5 months ago, the tool creator was actively updating the tool. As soon as I got this mod to where it was functioning, the guy went MIA. He still pops up, but there is a list of 24 bugs reported. (it would be so awesome if they get fixed) If I knew how to program with python, I would try to fix it myself. (he offers the core files to download.) If anyone knows python, it would be great if they took a look.

6 hours ago, skarrd said:

I believe thats the answer there. Apparently it doesn't matter if they have the trait or not. (I was wondering so I appreciate the feedback)

alright thanks for the feedback the answer is kind of there it doesn't specify though whether it matters if the sim has the trait or not.

since that is the answer though i might have to take it out of the mods folder until that's fixed or just not fast travel. it's not that big of a deal as long as i'm not doing family meetups lol.

17 hours ago, skarrd said:

he offers the core files to download.

He would have to license it as open source for others being able to fork it. Just providing the source code is not enough, as legally the rights are still with the original writer of the code. So any copies based off of that would be technically pirated, even if it is abandonware.

On the plus side, Python is pretty commonly used, especially for people learning to code, so there's probably a good chance you could find someone who's interested in taking over or maybe at least to fix some of the reported issues. Maybe make a thread for that in the General Discussion or Request section of the forum and link to their Github page or whatever if they have one. That would probably get a bit more visibility than the replies here.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:50 PM, Do0mer said:

Travel bug makes this unusable

On 2/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, jrmy0413 said:

i have a question i know there is a traveling bug with this mod does it only happen when you have the traits on your sim or can the bug still trigger just by the mod being in your mods folder?

So, because the owner of the tool hasn't updated in such a long time (I really thought the guy would show up and fix the bugs and everything would be great) I'm going to start working on work arounds. (removing the triggers that are causing the travel bug) In the months I've been using it, I've gained a lot of experience and I've learned there is usually a couple of ways to get something to work.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:43 AM, skarrd said:

Addressing the controversy with this mod.  The Devious trait has been separated from Skarrds Traits. Why has this been separated from the main mod? 

A while back I had a couple of users ask me why my mod was banned from MCCC. It was the first I'd heard about it but really didn't think much of it. A while later, I was approached by a member of the MCCC team explaining to me the situation. They were concerned about the features granted by the Devious trait. I was informed the line that I had crossed was "consent".

The penalty of my mod crossing that line, was the free service they offer of taking an exception file and helping the player narrow down the bad mod causing the exception would be denied to players with my mod installed.

So I offered a solution that gets "Skarrds Traits" off the "forbidden list" and only those that will be using the Devious trait will be denied the exception deciphering service on the MCCC discord. 

I quote:

"Having a separate file as far as we know will be the best compromise, however if users come in with that file too many times (or with other mods that are worse/too many banned mods) we will have to ban them. That is not to say they can't be used however, just that they can't bring errors to the server with them. I can go through how to avoid that if you'd like to pass along that information to your patrons. "

So does that mean that the Devious trait add on will only be released on Patreon or do you still intend to release it here as well? 

Edited by paole10
On 2/11/2023 at 4:57 AM, paole10 said:

So does that mean that the Devious trait add on will only be released on Patreon or do you still intend to release it here as well? 

Yes. That's going to stay on Patreon for now. There is an update coming to the public version soon including wicked whims compatibility.

8 hours ago, ArcanePup said:

Has the Travel Bug been fixed yet? I do really like this mod, but it does break the immersion especially when it pulls Sims with the traveler from their activities.

I've had a lot of progress! The good news is, I'm currently play testing a new idea that if successful, will be a new reliable method for the drinking effects. (which would include the devious traits) and if it works, I'll be able to remove the travel bug from that part. I still have a bunch of testing and then rewrite. There is some bad news as I've determined I cannot remove the bug from the new "compromising photos" feature. But I have a plan to separate any parts that must have the "trigger" that causes the travel bug, and keep those parts as add on's. I still have a bunch of testing but it's looking good. Also wicked whims compatibility (actual lost inhibitions now and even with the "eternally faithful" trait may cheat because of too much alcohol) and basemental drugs compatibility.  (Like no double drinking buffs)

Edited by skarrd
40 minutes ago, wewfap04 said:

Does this only work on Adult sims?

I have some teens (have all the post puberty stuff installed, so this shouldn't be against TOS, not talking about underage shit) and I don't seem to have any dialogue options when using them.

It should work for teens no problem. The conditions for age are pretty straight forward for dialogue when setting it up.  But I don't have that expansion pack. I wonder if there is a difference once that's installed. Teen age was just teen. There's no post puberty settings there. When I can. I'll look in to it. The only thing I would recommend in the meantime, is double check that the teens you're using and the teens you're talking to all have one or the other traits. There won't be much to say to a teen, young adult, adult or elder sim without the traits.

48 minutes ago, wewfap04 said:

Does this only work on Adult sims?

I have some teens (have all the post puberty stuff installed, so this shouldn't be against TOS, not talking about underage shit) and I don't seem to have any dialogue options when using them.

yes, it works with teenage Sims as well.

I know I had a pair of teens and I had the traits on them and it worked just fine.

Edited by jrmy0413
12 minutes ago, skarrd said:

It should work for teens no problem. The conditions for age are pretty straight forward for dialogue when setting it up.  But I don't have that expansion pack. I wonder if there is a difference once that's installed. Teen age was just teen. There's no post puberty settings there. When I can. I'll look in to it. The only thing I would recommend in the meantime, is double check that the teens you're using and the teens you're talking to all have one or the other traits. There won't be much to say to a teen, young adult, adult or elder sim without the traits.

I have the high school years pack and I didn't notice a difference.

Edited by jrmy0413
4 hours ago, wewfap04 said:

I added the scripts to my mod folder, why is nothing showing up? Do I need to give them the trait? 

Yes, sorry for the late reply. Yeah, you have to give them The pervert trait and sexually Awkward trait. Pervert trait on one and, sexually awkward on the other.

And only have the package and script of the mod one folder deep. like this image.png.c7af5666d8f8c5c7e85fdba17f2539af.png

You can also just put them directly into the mods folder as well. If you put the script file more than one folder deep, The mod won't work because it's too deep for the script to work..

Also make sure it's not a zip file, otherwise you'll have to extract it. like a .rar or .7z zip file. To be able to extract that type of file, you can find it on the first page. The reason for this is because The Sims 4 can only read package and script files In the mods folder.

Edited by jrmy0413

54 minutes ago, jrmy0413 said:

Yes, sorry for the late reply. Yeah, you have to give them The pervert trait and sexually Awkward trait. Pervert trait on one and, sexually awkward on the other.

And only have the package and script of the mod one folder deep. like this image.png.c7af5666d8f8c5c7e85fdba17f2539af.png

You can also just put them directly into the mods folder as well. If you put the script file more than one folder deep, The mod won't work because it's too deep for the script to work..

Also make sure it's not a zip file, otherwise you'll have to extract it. like a .rar or .7z zip file. To be able to extract that type of file, you can find it on the first page. The reason for this is because The Sims 4 can only read package and script files In the mods folder.

If what I provided doesn't help you, you can find this on the first page ⬇️ For further troubleshooting too try and fix it.

Spoiler

image.png.c2e69456d87f051a43539fd6f4edd0d9.png

Edited by jrmy0413
37 minutes ago, Lililamenteuse94 said:

Je viens de télécharger ce mods mais on dirai que ça ne marche pas, c'est frustrant. J'ai déplacé les mods dans le dossier les sims4 comme avec les mods WhimWicked mais je ne sais pas quoi faire d'autre! Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider à résoudre ce problème svp? Merci! 

Vérifiez la première page, il a des instructions d’installation.

Edited by jrmy0413
13 minutes ago, Lililamenteuse94 said:

Vous le téléchargez, puis l’extrayez à l’aide de WinZip Et puis mettez-le dans votre dossier mods

Ensuite, mettez le trait pervers sur une carte SIM et le trait sexuellement maladroit sur une autre carte SIM.

The same text translated to English. - You download it, then extract it using WinZip And then put it in your mods folder Then put the Pervert trait on one SIM and the sexually awkward trait on another SIM.

Edited by jrmy0413
1 hour ago, wewfap04 said:

Do I need to force add the traits?

They don't appear during the typical Sim CAS creation screen but they do show up when I shift click on a sim and go to  "Add Trait"

Screenshot in detail view how you have them installed. showing the file path And the type of file it is.

like this - image.png.cfa2f43f1826e98f92029bc74693be1a.png

Edited by jrmy0413
1 hour ago, wewfap04 said:

Do I need to force add the traits?

They don't appear during the typical Sim CAS creation screen but they do show up when I shift click on a sim and go to  "Add Trait"

No, it should just appear where the other traits are in Sim CAS creation screen.