[Sims 4] Skarrds Perverted Expansion Pack (Update to 1.0.1 Jan/03 2024)

7 minutes ago, Dark Thoughts said:

That's not how computers work.

no that's how mods work if you go to the dead pool server they well tell you the same thing. to always delete the files before putting the new one's in and not to do what's highlighted in blue in the image.image.png.736f82b95fbc1f3b62542f764f9caac1.png

Edited by jrmy0413
8 hours ago, jrmy0413 said:

no that's how mods work if you go to the dead pool server they well tell you the same thing. to always delete the files before putting the new one's in and not to do what's highlighted in blue in the image.

sorry but that is absolute bs i have mods for many games cities skylines, surviving mars, anno 1800, fallout 4 just to name a few and i have never ever deleted a mod before updating it and never ever had one problem. if the mod has the same name and the same purpose you do not need to do this the only time you have to delete a mod first before updating is if it's drastically changed like the name or it has had a complete overhaul. it is 100% safe to just update a mod if it wasn't like this steam workshop would be getting nothing but complaints every time someone updated a mod. ask anyone on nexus if you don't believe me they mod ALL THE TIME.

Edited by bbytes
17 hours ago, jrmy0413 said:

no that's how mods work if you go to the dead pool server they well tell you the same thing. to always delete the files before putting the new one's in and not to do what's highlighted in blue in the image.

-- snip --

I don't know what your shit OS is doing but a file replacement on a proper OS is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

17 hours ago, jrmy0413 said:

that can cause issues by the way because you're overwriting the file and if it doesn't overwrite it correctly that can cause issues

Again, that's not how computers work. If it doesn't "overwrite it correctly" then it could also not write it correctly when there's nothing to overwrite, which means you should probably replace your failing drive before you experience a fatal hardware crash.

10 hours ago, Nodd12 said:

when my sims got an invite, whole family join to the lot, anyone got the same issue?

Yes, although I couldn't really test which mod exactly is the culprit. It happened when I updated my mods together with the new WW public release, or at least that's when I noticed it.

It pulls sims even out of work and all active sims on the lot with you.

Edit: Sounds like it is indeed this mod. 

Edited by Dark Thoughts
9 hours ago, Nodd12 said:

when my sims got an invite, whole family join to the lot, anyone got the same issue?

Yes it's this mod. The tool I use to make the mod is the cause. I've narrowed the cause and have informed the tool creator. I have just been waiting for a tool update.

On 12/28/2022 at 5:19 AM, Dark Thoughts said:

Is water supposed to make sims tipsy / drunk?

Thank you for bringing this up. I had a chance to check and it was this mod. I have updated the mod and water no longer gets sims drunk. The other drinks that don't get sims drunk are: cream cola and Rootbeer float.

23 hours ago, IsabellaMoringard said:

I'm having the same issue, all liquids trigger the drunk effects. When the mod is removed things go back to normal.

I have updated the mod and water no longer gets sims drunk. The other drinks that don't get sims drunk are: cream cola and Rootbeer float.

2 hours ago, Dark Thoughts said:

I don't know what you shit OS is doing but a file replacement on a proper OS is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Again, that's not how computers work. If it doesn't "overwrite it correctly" then it could also not write it correctly when there's nothing to overwrite, which means you should probably replace your failing drive before you experience a fatal hardware crash.

Yes, although I couldn't really test which mod exactly is the culprit. It happened when I updated my mods together with the new WW public release, or at least that's when I noticed it.

It pulls sims even out of work and all active sims on the lot with you.

Edit: Sounds like it is indeed this mod. 

The general rule that recommends that "old files be deleted" before installing is sometimes, creators change the name of the file. And then there are additional files leftover which causes errors. So you're both right. Old files are automatically overwritten by the new file as long as the name doesn't change. Basically it's about coming up with a routine for users (who have varying experience) and trying to avoid errors, veterans like us wouldn't make.

• skarrd changed the title to [Sims 4] Perverts, Get Drunk, Lost Inhibitions. UPDATE to VER 1.1.2! (now includes the script file unlocking most of the features!!)
1 hour ago, skarrd said:

The general rule that recommends that "old files be deleted" before installing is sometimes, creators change the name of the file. And then there are additional files leftover which causes errors.

15 minutes ago, jrmy0413 said:

@Dark Thoughts @bbytesi was just advice on what i do with my mods i'm sure there's other people more experienced than i am i thought i would just give my two cents and try and help out try and ask some troubleshooting basic questions and go from there. sorry if any information was wrong.

It's something I pay close attention to anyway as I try to keep my mod folder organized. I also have to pay a little more attention under Linux, as my file system allows me to copy & paste invisible line breaks (\n) from the titles on this website. Something I discovered recently when I tried to copy a mods title into a newly created folder, which caused mods not to load properly, because the game added it to the file path, even though it was not visible within the folder name.

I believe it's probably better to advise people to pay more attention to that as well, as it otherwise causes misinformation to spread like the one above, and people not really learning the in and outs of the systems they are using. Media competency is already dropping to boomer type levels with the younger generations & with how seemingly easy those otherwise complex machines are to use. So I think it should be encouraged to learn more about them and likewise give the stranger on the other end the benefit of the doubt that they do have the capabilities to actually learn it as well, instead of going for the quick & easy answer.

5 minutes ago, skarrd said:

Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой питьевая вода давала алкогольный эффект. Теперь вода, крем-кола и пиво rootbeer floats больше не дают алкогольного эффекта.

Аа, понятно, Спасибо!!!   Но было прикольно? Еще бы баффы по времени увеличить?

Edited by Ron73
30 minutes ago, skarrd said:

It was fixing a bug where drinking water gave alcohol effects. Now water, cream cola and rootbeer floats no longer give alcohol effects.

wanted to ask is your patreon version updated as well or was it not happening on the patreon version i did not notice if it did or not?

Edited by jrmy0413
11 minutes ago, jrmy0413 said:

wanted to ask is your patreon version updated as well or was it not happening on the patreon version i did not notice if it did or not?

The patreon version has these bugs as well. I've narrowed down whats causing it and its a function I used to make the drinking alcohol system on and the extra context embracing and kiss buffs. I've made a report with the tool creator. I'm just waiting for a tool update which should eliminate them.

10 minutes ago, skarrd said:

The patreon version has these bugs as well. I've narrowed down whats causing it and its a function I used to make the drinking alcohol system on and the extra context embracing and kiss buffs. I've made a report with the tool creator. I'm just waiting for a tool update which should eliminate them.

ok i thought i would ask and check.?

10 hours ago, alabalala said:

hey guys, i'm not really sure why the pervert and sexually awkward trait isnt coming up? the drunk stuff is comes up, but no matter what i do or what actions my sims do the traits for sexually awkward and pervert is not coming up... any solutions??

what is your game version? i guess it should me up or equal 1.93.129.1030 at least ,check it in GameVersion file in folder Documents/EA/Sims4
then delete everything from this folder except Mods and Tray file (game making cached files that might block new content)

13 hours ago, alabalala said:

hey guys, i'm not really sure why the pervert and sexually awkward trait isnt coming up? the drunk stuff is comes up, but no matter what i do or what actions my sims do the traits for sexually awkward and pervert is not coming up... any solutions??

And also, just to cover the basics, these traits are added to the sims in the CAS. They aren't reward traits. (Yet)

13 hours ago, b1k1k said:

what is your game version? i guess it should me up or equal 1.93.129.1030 at least ,check it in GameVersion file in folder Documents/EA/Sims4
then delete everything from this folder except Mods and Tray file (game making cached files that might block new content)

my game version is  1.93.146.1020, but it doesnt show up in a file it's in a scripted notebook ! but i will try to do what u said