[Sims 4] Skarrds Perverted Expansion Pack (Update to 1.0.1 Jan/03 2024)

10 hours ago, skarrd said:

I have never before heard my mod causing  their job to cancel early. What job? Just so I can check.

Tech Guru.

It didn't seem to happen today when I got invited to another location while said sim was at work. It was much earlier in the day too so maybe there's something weird going on with vanilla here.

Weird that you didn't hear about it though, because your mod did this before with the travel bug.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:36 AM, Dark Thoughts said:

You can edit replies, no need to double post.

And it seems to be a bug with the modding tool used which likely introduced an incompatibility with one of the Sims 4 updates at some point that's causing this behavior for either any mod that was made with it or with any mod that uses a certain function of the tool that's used for the mod. Seeing how this is still not fixed I feel that the mod might have to get converted to get rid of this tool dependency entirely.

Well one, I didn't know that I had double posted. 

Thanks for letting me know. I reposted twice I guess

Edited by jrmy0413
5 hours ago, luiza helena said:

Hello, this version is not working for me!

If you're having trouble finding the trait do this 

Spoiler

enable to find the interactions that will add the Pervert trait and sexually awkward trait.

1.to get these interactions Control one SIM and click on another sim and go to the Friendly tab

2.Then, once you're in the Friendly tab, click more choices and you should get these options - Change into Sexually awkward or change into pervert

Try checking out the first page and trying the installation Instructions. If that doesn't help, then we can try some other things To see if we can figure out why it's not working.

And only have the package and script of the mod one folder deep. like this - C:\Users\????\Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims 4\Mods\Skarrds_Traits

You can also just put them directly into the mods folder as well. If you put the script file more than one folder deep, The mod won't work because it's too deep for the script to work..

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS / TROUBLE SHOOTING

Spoiler

Install tips provided by @jrmy0413

1.make sure your game is up to date with games version patch -  you can find a GameVersion text file in your (the sims 4 folder).

2.the file that you have in your mods folder if it's a zip or .rar or .7z that why it won't work try extracting it with winzip. https://www.7-zip.org/download.html and WinAce for Windows - Download it from Uptodown for free to extract that .zip file. after you're done extracting it then put it in the mods folder

2A:

how to extract a 7z,.rar file using winace or 7-zip

Download and use winace https://winace.en.uptodown.com/windows

step 2B. install winace

step 2C. right click the zip file 

step 2D. click extract to and wait for the file to be extracted

step 2E. move extracted folder to mods folder

3.also make sure the script is only one folder deep like it shows here C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims 4\Mods\Skarrds_Traits & and Skarrd_Traits.ts4script

script files stop working when there more than one folder deep

4.clear your cache file in your sims 4 folder this should be what the path looks like C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims 4

-"I'm not seeing a "PERV" option in the dialog options"  - This maybe because the sim you're talking too doesn't have either, "PERV" trait or the  "Sexually Awkward" trait. So it doesn't show because there is nothing unique to say to normal sims... yet.

-"My Awkward sim doesn't seem to be getting embarrassed."  - Check to see that you don't have reward traits that prevent embarrassment for that sim. The "Shameless" trait and the "Carefree" traits will greatly effect the Sexually Awkward trait.

PROTIPS & GETTING THE MOST OUT OF THIS MOD

Some animations in the sims will simply fail if the sims are not standing. To ensure you're seeing all the custom animations, you can "lock" sims in a standing conversation by using some of the base game interactions like, hug, hold hands, kiss hands, embrace. These interactions lock sims in to a standing conversation instead of a sitting one. (where a lot of interactions will fail)

-I've made it so some interaction aren't even available unless standing, however, sometime the sims will want to go sit somewhere before running the interaction. (which would then fail, because they're sitting.)

KNOWN BUGS

-There are "ghost" buffs showing. I'm calling them ghost buffs because it is a duplicate of a buff the sim already has, but it will show with a missing icon. This has no effect on game play because it does not duplicate the buffs powers.

I just put it here so you can find it better.

Edited by jrmy0413
On 3/9/2023 at 5:32 PM, Dark Thoughts said:

Tech Guru.

It didn't seem to happen today when I got invited to another location while said sim was at work. It was much earlier in the day too so maybe there's something weird going on with vanilla here.

Weird that you didn't hear about it though, because your mod did this before with the travel bug.

The travel bug was yanking people from work when anyone from that household travelled. But this would be completely different. It's all good feedback though and I appreciate it. I checked a couple of different jobs and it seems to be working okay. So if that's happening to you there may be another mod that's causing it.

12 hours ago, uni2219 said:

I don't mean to be repetitive, (so please excuse me) but are you ever going to release that one part that's on your Patreon page?

Thank you and have a nice day/afternoon/evening!

If you are meaning the Devious trait, for now the answer is no. Only because it's the part that crosses the line for some in the community. But every other feature in development will be getting released here. The public version will be getting updated plenty as we progress.

4 hours ago, skarrd said:

If you are meaning the Devious trait, for now the answer is no. Only because it's the part that crosses the line for some in the community. But every other feature in development will be getting released here. The public version will be getting updated plenty as we progress.

Ah, I understand thank you for explaining!

On 2/27/2023 at 9:58 AM, skarrd said:

I don't know how to add those... yet

In lieu of that, could we get a list of the buffs in the order they should occur? Then we can use console commands or MCC to move things along. When I look for moods / buffs starting with Skarrd_ there are frankly too many to figure out...

3 hours ago, sarduchi said:

In lieu of that, could we get a list of the buffs in the order they should occur? Then we can use console commands or MCC to move things along. When I look for moods / buffs starting with Skarrd_ there are frankly too many to figure out...

Yeah, like a list or spreadsheet would actually be nice on what triggers what in the mod and what buff and debuffs there are and how to trigger them.

Edited by jrmy0413
2 hours ago, Barbarazinha said:

Hey... I can't seem to find the file for this mod, maybe I'm just a noob, idk... can someone point it to me please? >.<

It's on the first page or go here - 

If you have any issues, here's some troubleshooting steps 

Spoiler

Install tips provided by @jrmy0413

1.make sure your game is up to date with games version patch -  you can find a GameVersion text file in your (the sims 4 folder).

2.the file that you have in your mods folder if it's a zip or .rar or .7z that why it won't work try extracting it with winzip. https://www.7-zip.org/download.html and WinAce for Windows - Download it from Uptodown for free to extract that .zip file. after you're done extracting it then put it in the mods folder

2A:

how to extract a 7z,.rar file using winace or 7-zip

Download and use winace https://winace.en.uptodown.com/windows

step 2B. install winace

step 2C. right click the zip file 

step 2D. click extract to and wait for the file to be extracted

step 2E. move extracted folder to mods folder

3.also make sure the script is only one folder deep like it shows here C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims 4\Mods\Skarrds_Traits & and Skarrd_Traits.ts4script or placing them directly into the mods folder works too - C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims 4\Mods

script files stop working when there more than one folder deep

4.clear your cache file in your sims 4 folder this should be what the path looks like C:\Users\your_user_name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims 4

-"I'm not seeing a "PERV" option in the dialog options"  - This maybe because the sim you're talking too doesn't have either, "PERV" trait or the  "Sexually Awkward" trait. So it doesn't show because there is nothing unique to say to normal sims... yet.

-"My Awkward sim doesn't seem to be getting embarrassed."  - Check to see that you don't have reward traits that prevent embarrassment for that sim. The "Shameless" trait and the "Carefree" traits will greatly effect the Sexually Awkward trait.

PROTIPS & GETTING THE MOST OUT OF THIS MOD

Some animations in the sims will simply fail if the sims are not standing. To ensure you're seeing all the custom animations, you can "lock" sims in a standing conversation by using some of the base game interactions like, hug, hold hands, kiss hands, embrace. These interactions lock sims in to a standing conversation instead of a sitting one. (where a lot of interactions will fail)

-I've made it so some interaction aren't even available unless standing, however, sometime the sims will want to go sit somewhere before running the interaction. (which would then fail, because they're sitting.)

KNOWN BUGS

-There are "ghost" buffs showing. I'm calling them ghost buffs because it is a duplicate of a buff the sim already has, but it will show with a missing icon. This has no effect on game play because it does not duplicate the buffs powers.

If you're having trouble finding the trait do this these interactions will add the Pervert trait and sexually awkward trait.

Spoiler

1.to get these interactions Control one SIM and click on another sim and go to the Friendly tab

2.Then, once you're in the Friendly tab, click more choices and you should get these options

image.png.0109a3141a29c68685a6c859373a748e.pngimage.png.7c6c6fd0f1816f1b526a098c4545675c.png

Edited by jrmy0413

Remember, tomorrow is the infants update, so if you don't want to update your mods Turn off automatic update for your game.

March 14, 2023 The Sims 4 New Infant Update

How to prevent your games from updating in EA app, Steam, and Origin

Spoiler

Origin

1. Open Origin

2. Click the text that says "Origin" at the top (the menubar)

3. Click "Application Settings"

4. Make sure you are on the "APPLICATION" tab

5. Scroll down until you see "Client Update"

6. Disable "Automatic Game Updates"

7. Turn your Origin into offline mode. Click Origin at the top of the menubar like before, then "Go Offline"

Steam

1. Right-click a game in your Library and select Properties...

2. Click the "Updates" tab.

3. Change the option under "Automatic Updates" to "Only update this game when I launch it)

4. Turn your Steam into offline mode. Click Steam at the top of the menubar, then click "Go Offline..." ‍

EA App

1. Click the three lines icon in the top left hand corner and select "Settings"

2. Go to the "Download" tab

3. Turn "Update games automatically" off.

and

4.Click the three lines icon in the top left hand corner and select "Settings"

5.Go to the "Application settings" tab

6.Turn "Application updates" off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGyYlcVwGo

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCM62ylWjyk

Edited by jrmy0413

@wewfap04

Discovered a bug and narrowed it down to this mod (believe me, it's 100% this mod).

Whenever I travel my entire household follows me. Is there a known fix or anything because it's annoying as even if people are at school for example, they will travel to the lot i'm going to (alone) with me.

Download the version posed in the first post. The travel bug has been removed from skarrds_traits.

19 hours ago, harleygore said:

My devious sim just asked his child son if he wanted to get drinks. A filter on who devious sims ask would be nice so they don't ask family members and children.

That's unexpected. That shouldn't happen. I'll look in to it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, sarduchi said:

@skarrd so been using the files from your patreon (currently a backer) and it seems to not work. No mater how much a sim drinks, no moodlets or events are triggered. Could there be an issue with how the files were split apart?

Considering you're the first to report it's not working, no that won't be the problem. The change that did happen, while removing the travel bug, is now a sim has to have at least one of the traits, (pervert or sexually awkward) to receive the drinking buffs. I am currently making a "normal" trait for those sims you just want to be able to get drunk without being a perv or awkward. Thank you for your support as well!

Edited by skarrd
2 hours ago, skarrd said:

I am currently making a "normal" trait for those sims you just want to be able to get drunk without being a perv or awkward.

Will it be also possible to use the devious options on "normal" sims? That would be awesome. Keep up the good work, this mod is great!

20 hours ago, ChwX said:

Will it be also possible to use the devious options on "normal" sims? That would be awesome. Keep up the good work, this mod is great!

Yes, it should. The devious options should be on anyone, even other perverts. Thanks for the kind feedack!

9 hours ago, michazl79 said:

So perverts and awkwards only interact betwen them, seems like al cults enviroment. They should interact with normal sims too like "that sim just showed me his penis! what a pervert!" otherwise has no sense.

Yes. The normal sims should have a reaction that is unique from awkwards or pervs. Absolutely. Appreciate the feedback

On 3/12/2023 at 1:58 PM, sarduchi said:

I was hoping to create occasional surprises. Unexpected moments. Just from playing. However, as a gamer, I always like to make sure I'm not missing out on stuff so, I will start that...

On 3/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, jrmy0413 said:

Yeah, like a list or spreadsheet would actually be nice on what triggers what in the mod and what buff and debuffs there are and how to trigger them.

I will start putting together a list. I did intend on doing it, but I just kept moving forward and adding stuff, it could take a while.

2 hours ago, skarrd said:

I was hoping to create occasional surprises. Unexpected moments. Just from playing. However, as a gamer, I always like to make sure I'm not missing out on stuff so, I will start that...

I will start putting together a list. I did intend on doing it, but I just kept moving forward and adding stuff, it could take a while.

Yeah, I figure if we had a list on how to trigger things, it would make it easy for people to test to see if certain interactions are working and be able to reproduce if any errors occur And glitches that occur.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:44 AM, skarrd said:

Considering you're the first to report it's not working, no that won't be the problem. The change that did happen, while removing the travel bug, is now a sim has to have at least one of the traits, (pervert or sexually awkward) to receive the drinking buffs. I am currently making a "normal" trait for those sims you just want to be able to get drunk without being a perv or awkward. Thank you for your support as well!

The issues I'm seeing are that sims just get drunk and pass out, with nothing else seeming to happen (sims have one of the two traits, perverted or sexualy awkward). I feel like there are triggered events for photos etc that aren't happening. 

2 hours ago, sarduchi said:

The issues I'm seeing are that sims just get drunk and pass out, with nothing else seeming to happen (sims have one of the two traits, perverted or sexualy awkward). I feel like there are triggered events for photos etc that aren't happening. 

So the sims with either of Skarrds traits, shouldn't be passing out. Do you have basemental drugs installed? I believe his mod when drinking alcohol makes the sim pass out. But that would indicate that sim doesn't have either trait. (perv or awkward) But if you've confirmed they do, I'll double check it? Next, what do you mean by triggered events? Like photos? So you're saying you get the awkward sim drunkget them stripped and then take your camera and take a photo and nothing happens?