Skyrim with ENB causing Shutdown of PC

Poet Olette

Hello. I got a new pc recently, very recently, ive played many games, gta 5 with a enb, fallout 4 with a enb, black ops 3, black desert all maxed out ect ect ect.

But recently I got skyrim again and ive been modding it, and its been going well, but after putting a enb in it ive been having some issues with my pc. Its been causing the anti power surge to kick in. I was told the asus anti power surge is a bit of a mess and tends to activate when it shouldn't so i disabled it, and skyrim works sometimes, im able to play, but after a while, when i restart it and im about to load my game it crashes my computer again. This time no messages about anti surge because i disabled it.

I'm not sure whats happening as this is the only game thats been doing it. Ive been playing way more graphically intense games with enb's and no issue, but for some reason in the main menu of skyrim, it just turns my pc off. Has anyone else heard of this issue or may know whats going on? Most searches on google suggest faulty hardware which is plausible but at the same time skyrim is the only game that is doing this and it shouldn't be as I have a gtx 1060 3gb, i7 7700, 16 gigs of ram. Its really new too, I just got it from canadian computers a few weeks ago.

Hello. I got a new pc recently, very recently, ive played many games, gta 5 with a enb, fallout 4 with a enb, black ops 3, black desert all maxed out ect ect ect.

But recently I got skyrim again and ive been modding it, and its been going well, but after putting a enb in it ive been having some issues with my pc. Its been causing the anti power surge to kick in. I was told the asus anti power surge is a bit of a mess and tends to activate when it shouldn't so i disabled it, and skyrim works sometimes, im able to play, but after a while, when i restart it and im about to load my game it crashes my computer again. This time no messages about anti surge because i disabled it.

I'm not sure whats happening as this is the only game thats been doing it. Ive been playing way more graphically intense games with enb's and no issue, but for some reason in the main menu of skyrim, it just turns my pc off. Has anyone else heard of this issue or may know whats going on? Most searches on google suggest faulty hardware which is plausible but at the same time skyrim is the only game that is doing this and it shouldn't be as I have a gtx 1060 3gb, i7 7700, 16 gigs of ram. Its really new too, I just got it from canadian computers a few weeks ago.

Which PSU are you using?

I don't know what psu it is sadly, there is some sort of case surrounding it, and the canadian computer website has all the details except for what psu I have. And I can't fully unscrew the cover on it because if i do, the warranty will become void. Dangit. But yes, I did disable it from the bios. But skyrim(just from the main menu) turns it off like someone pulled the power cord out from the wall. And as I said before too, skyrim is the only game that does it. I mean i played gta 5 for 2 hours with a enb and no problems, and all the graphics maxed out (cuz this is a 4k machine after all) and no issues. But skyrim just from the main menu causes my computer to shut off and restart. EDIT: There seems to be a update for my bios for system stability, I should do that right? That post that other person gave me had people saying you shouldn't always update, the reason i ask is because im not a techy person. I know the basics x.x

As an example of what ENB does, my system uses about 500W from the wall with it disabled. Keeping out the 150W that my monitor draws, that's 350W.

With ENB enabled, the power draw goes up to 650W, that's an increase of 150W, or 75w per card for my two GTX770s. Monitoring utilities point to max use at 100%, long-term use at 80% of card TDP. Which basically means that a proper installation of ENB will max out your system, I know of friends who have twin GTX1080s and still have the ability to get themselves in trouble with Skyrim, texture mods, script mods and a heavy ENB. In my case, it is the most taxing game in modded form.

Long story short, if your PSU is not up to scratch, nothing you do will fix it. Sorry but that's just how it is. If you have warranty, you should ask for the coverage at this point in time.

I don't know what psu it is sadly, there is some sort of case surrounding it, and the canadian computer website has all the details except for what psu I have. And I can't fully unscrew the cover on it because if i do, the warranty will become void. Dangit. But yes, I did disable it from the bios. But skyrim(just from the main menu) turns it off like someone pulled the power cord out from the wall. And as I said before too, skyrim is the only game that does it. I mean i played gta 5 for 2 hours with a enb and no problems, and all the graphics maxed out (cuz this is a 4k machine after all) and no issues. But skyrim just from the main menu causes my computer to shut off and restart. EDIT: There seems to be a update for my bios for system stability, I should do that right? That post that other person gave me had people saying you shouldn't always update, the reason i ask is because im not a techy person. I know the basics x.x

You shouyld be able to update the bios safely, as long as you are 100% positive that you get the correct update. Is there a feature in the bios that can check for and install the update automatically by itself ?

I'd try to find out which PSU they gave you and how many watts it is, by calling them up or emailing or whatever it takes.

Many people will ask what kind it is and it would be good to know for future support questions.

The only other thing i could think of although whether it would cause a crash/lock up would be the enblocal.ini settings, if your new PC is win10 and your old PC you use to use was win7 the amount of memory you can set is now restricted due to win10's handling of dx9 so you might have set this wrong

Archived