NMM can't install Sexout Core.

Well something done broke. I can't seem to install sexout with its new fomod format with nmm.

I get a security exception. Now this isn't all that odd, except that before I reinstalled FNV I had been able to install sexout with nmm just fine!

Any advice or help?

You may need to be more specific. What's the full text of the error message you receive?

Well the error itself says "an exception occured in the script.", while the full text I can't seem to grab and its a bit nonsensical, but I can read something about failure to get permission or something to that effect.

you should use fomm. NMM is finicky. I only use it for skyrim.

Oh so I can use nmm and fomm separately for both games? I didn't know that! I thought using one messed up the other. I'll try that now.

Nashk, do you use comodo antivirus? I only ask because when I got that same error message, comodo was sandboxing all of my fallout-related programs. You need to go into the program and add all your fallout stuff to the white list. Dunno if other antivirus programs do this, I've only encountered it with comodo.

It's possible that your .net framework stuff needs updated, or that you're getting 'caught out' by either UAC or some antivirus software as already mentioned.

You can always just rename the .fomod file to .7z and try to install it that way. You may need to delete the 'fomod' directory inside it to convince FOMM/NMM to not attempt to treat it as an actual fomod.

Of course, my overall suggestion is the same as user29s. Fuck NMM.

Archived