Next Problem: No Sex Animations on Sex Initiation

Heh, well now that my texture problem is fixed I am moving forward with attempting to get this blasted game working and creating more problems as I go I'm sure.

I have only just started the game, so I'm still in the Doctor's office. Well so now I'm trying to initiate sex with the Doc via SmallerTalk, "hey handsome...blah blah" And when I do we both just stand there - the game continues to run, I can move, access inventory, shoot stuff, just no sex.

I have common resources from this thread http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3455 and SexoutNG from this thread http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3198. Both installed with FOMM.

I ordered my mods per BOSS instructions.

Following the advice I saw on another "no animations" thread I created a new folder Data\nvse\plugins and moved all my .dlls there. When I did that and tried to start the script extender I was informed nsve could not find Behesda Softworks\Fallout New Vegas\nvse_1_4.dll so I moved all the .dlls back into the Fallout New Vegas folder.

Then I tried moving the nvse launcher into my newly created data\nvse folder along with the .dlls again and was informed nvse launcher could not find New Las Vegas.

Here is my load order -

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp

AsharasHairConversionNV.esp

SKS Ren Hair Pack (50%).esp

SmallerTalk.esp

SexoutSex.esp

Total active plugins: 14

Total plugins: 14

As a side note, I have been putting the correct data in the correct mesh/texture/sound folders since mr cellophane instructed playing Morrowind, so I'm fairly certain I'm not missing any of those.

I humbly submit to you masters of this domain for assistance as it is, I'm sure, some simple thing I am overlooking in my noob-ishness!

The plot thickens!

Not only do I have no animations - there are no voices in my game anymore... I deleted all my saved games and started a new one - I watched the message SexoutNG activated appear but still no sex - and, when the doc is supposed to talk to me he just moves his arms and stuff, no voice....

btw, I don't think these problems are related. I may not have had voice sound for a day now and not noticed it.

I've updated my video and sound drivers and tried some interesting solutions I've found on the internet including changing the compatibility on the compatibility tab of the properties menu for FalloutNV application to Win98 (well I tried every option available actually) all to no avail.

I think the problem may have something to do with codecs which I am completely in the dark in and trying to learn atm. I've never even conceived of a problem like this before. My next solution is to unpack the sounds from the Fallout - Voices1 BSA. I had a texture problem in Oblivion that was solved by doing that once in the past.

Still hoping someone can help me out here though!

The extender needs to be in data/nvse/plugins' date=' as the directions for it state. The base NVSE .dlls need to be in the base folder with FalloutNV.exe, as the NVSE directions state.

[/quote']

Okay well I already did that... but... as I was sitting here looking at your post, and looking at my files, I found my mistake... and you're probably never going to help me again when you hear what I did.

I created the nvse folder, and then created the plugins folder inside it.

The problem is, I did not create a nvse folder, I created a nsve file...No I promise I'm not brain dead. Sorry for the trouble Zippy57, I appreciate you taking the time to look over my trouble and help...It really was a help! It made me look more critically at the problem. sorry again.

Now if I could just get my voices working.

The voices going missing is not an issue I've ever heard of before, and is not likely caused by Sexout at all. I've experienced a partial voice loss myself once, when Yes Man lost 50% of his VO suddenly, but never have I seen all the VO in the game suddenly go silent.

Two things:

1. Make sure you didn't accidentally remove the Sounds.bsa from under [Archives] when you were changing the .bsas for the other thread. I don't think that would cause this problem, but FNV can be really weird.

2. Try starting a new game and see if the issue persists. If you have any older games, load them and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, you've come across one of FNV's many save-breaking oddities. If it persists, you've got a bigger problem on your hands.

Try validating the cache. Some of your files may have been corrupted somehow.

Let me expand, some of the more experienced modders assume us noobs know what that means. I was lost when told to do that until I did some exploring.

1) open your mod manager (FOMM, NMM, Wrye, whatever you use) and deactivate all your mods. Don't remove them, just uncheck them from your load order. Just keep the base FalloutNV.esm and any DLC .esm files (honesthearts, oldworldblues, deadmoney, lonesomeroad, gunrunnersarsenal, etc.).

2) Open steam and go to your library.

3) Right-click on New Vegas and select "properties".

4) Go to the "Local Files" tab and click on "verify integrity of game cache".

5) Get something to eat, this is gonna take a few minutes. ;)

Once its done it will tell you if any base game files are corrupted and try to fix them. You may have to run it a second time to verify that everything got fixed. If after the second run its still showing errors you'll probably have to do a clean install.

Okay that's great direction, and I really appreciate you clarifying Zippy's instructions... problem is I don't have a Steam directory.

I keep my FNV in my Bethesda Softworks folder. That being said, I went to that folder and right clicked on the FNV folder. I do not have an option for "verify integrity of game cache" neither from right clicking the folder to bring the properties menu or from File/Properties, or File/Tools, or any File option available for that matter.

So I guess I'm not sure how to follow your instructions. Where do I find this verify integrity...?

Thank you so much for helping btw... very sweet of you! :)

Guest Donkey

What he means you need steam running. open steam go to library click on new vegas right click it click on properties, go to the tab named Local files, and you should see Verify integrity of game cache.

make sure your on-line too if some corrupted file is found it will fix it directly.

If you don't have a steam directory how did you install this game ?? :rolleyes:

No steam means you are using a cracked version.

Guest Donkey

Where did you buy it ?? even if you bought it through store it still require you to have steam on your pc before you can even use it.

Or can someone shed some light on this ?? New vegas only have steam version right ???

From the box you require steam to activate this product.

Guest Donkey

if your using a crack i can not help any further.

Without steam there no patch you can download everything from activating your product throught game patches is done through steam. So that is why sexout and all other problems are happening, you probable are using an older version, sexoutNG require your game to be patched to latest version to work correctly.

if your using a crack i can not help any further.

Without steam there no patch you can download everything from activating your product throught game patches is done through steam. So that is why sexout and all other problems are happening' date=' you probable are using an older version, sexoutNG require your game to be patched to latest version to work correctly.

[/quote']

Well I can remove the crack and use the .exe from the disk, it just buzzes really loud and gets on my nerves. Everything is working fine now actually except the voices - I was able to update the game to the latest version with no trouble too. Maybe the update from Bethesda is bad...? This is the link I used for the 1.7 update patchhttp://www.bethsoft.com/eng/games/games_falloutnewvegas.html

To reinstall the game I need to put the disk back in. But for the record I tried that and it still played with no voices. Even without the no-cd crack

The crack is only to play the game without the CD... don't you guys use no-cd cracks? ... well I guess not if you download it from Steam huh.

Guest Donkey

I am not sure what version of new vegas your using but mine does not require to be in the dvd drive after activating it through steam. I have the dvd version.

As for your problems try reinstalling from scratch. Sound like something did install right at all.

"Verify integrity of game cache" is like "reinstall" except faster. But, also, Steam automatically installs the latest patches for the game. If walmart is selling the game without steam support, that is interesting, but you still need a good copy of the game.

The general approach you should probably be taking is: start with the simplest thing you can and work forward from there. But everyone here uses the steam version so we have no idea how to make your version work.

New Vegas Ultimate Edition is like Fallout 3 Game Of The Year Edition. All of the DLC with the game in one purchase. So which one you get depends on if you want the DLC or not. The base game is identical in both versions.

Thank you' date=' I didn't know if that was the case.

I will get cheap one, hehe ... Although, now some of my voices are working and some are not... I'll download today and see what happens.[/color']

okay, everything works perfectly.

I did not download a new game from Steam - I just couldn't bring myself to spend more money - I already bought the game and I wanted the one I bought to work. Actually the truth is I had a hard time scrounging up the twenty bucks.

So I banged my head against the wall some more (actually all weekend) and tried dozens of fixes I found on the internet (this is quite a common problem actually). I dissassociated then reassociated winamp with ogg files, I removed all my mods and my no-cd crack and just ran the game straight from the disk, I played as an administrator, as I mentioned before I changed the compatibility of the exe file to Win98, made sure dolby was off, I downloaded something call vorbis - still don't know what that did - nothing for game for sure, I even downloaded a Hotfix for another game compatible with FONV - something called Silent Hill - nothing.

Finally, I did what I said I was going to do the other day and unpacked the voices1.bsa into my data folder using FOMM.

And now it works great. And thanks to Zippy's help with my NVSE/NSVE debacle, I have had absolutely no more problems (save for the conflicts that exist between some Sexout mods - and that information is easily found within the mod posts here on loverslab).

I will sink back into obscurity now and leave you hardworking modders to do your work without my pestering!

Thank you again to all who helped and for all your hardwork on these mods.

ps... when will SexoutNG be compatible with FAFF... haha I know you are probably tired of ppl asking that.

Archived