SkyFem - All NPCs Now Female Or Futanari

Any plans on adding support for Beyond Skyrim?  I just installed Bruma and some of the NPCs are male when I went through the trail. 

Thanks loving SkyFem :)

Probably not unless I decide to play the mod. There are so many mods for Skyrim with new NPCs and they would all have to be patched in order to be fully compatible. It's just too much work to make SkyFem work with everything so I only patch mods I usually play with.

You're welcome to patch it yourself. It's not that hard and I could write a guide for how to do it.

Glad you like it. I was really surprised when I found that noone else had made this mod first.

You're welcome to patch it yourself. It's not that hard and I could write a guide for how to do it.

That would be great, as I just noticed the patch here for dcl is out of date, though not too sure what difference there is between the version your patch is for and the current v6.2? I think it is for devious cursed loot.

And of course expecting you to keep creating patches for every tom, dick and harry mod is not really fair to you, especially if you do not use the mod in the first place.

That would be great, as I just noticed the patch here for dcl is out of date, though not too sure what difference there is between the version your patch is for and the current v6.2? I think it is for devious cursed loot.

And of course expecting you to keep creating patches for every tom, dick and harry mod is not really fair to you, especially if you do not use the mod in the first place.

I'll get around making a full guide to that then over the next week or so. It should give an overview of all the necessary steps.

Overall, patching SkyFem is really easy. I learned to make it just through experimentation, so anyone else should also be able to learn it quickly and easily by using this mod as a reference. If you open the main mod and patches in TES5Edit, you can read off the changes I've made. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to apply those changes to new mod versions.

Almost all of the patches do at least one of three things-

1). Edit the 'Armor Addon' entries to make the male world model use the same meshes and textures as the female world model. This only requires copy-pasting and is quick to complete. Always needs done for new armor and clothes.

2). Edit any new races to make the males use the same animations, skeletons, facetints, meshes, textures as the females. Mostly just more copy-pasting, but very tedious and time-consuming. Rarely needs done since few mods add new races for male NPCs.

3). Use the Creation Kit to create new facegendata for each male NPC added by a mod (SkyFem.esp MUST also be loaded in the CK while doing this). Takes a while (for example, about 6 hours for all vanilla NPCs on my rig). Always needs done for any male NPCs added by mods.

The harder part I haven't completed yet is patching humanoid creatures (mostly draugr and falmer) to always use female models during sex animations, and then loading schlongs for them during scenes.

The DCL patch was only needed to do a couple of minor things. First, it changed armor addons. Second, the NPC Leon uses a custom male face- that needs to be set to use generic female headparts and then customized with new facegendata. I haven't looked at a new version of DLC so I don't know if it's compatible, but you can probably use the mod without patches if you don't mind a few bugs here and there.

EDIT: I can't find any 6.2 version of DCL. The patch is up to date for version 6.1.

EDIT: I can't find any 6.2 version of DCL. The patch is up to date for version 6.1.

That was why I had the ? after the 6.2 could not remember what the current version is, as currently I am wrestling with other problems, which are doing my head in as a full re-install has not sorted them out, which considering the problem it should have.  That and trying to find out why I keep getting the game has stopped working crash with bruma installed, though removing it and going to a save before I installed does not sort it out so annoyed with skyrim is my current mood.

Any plans on adding support for Beyond Skyrim?  I just installed Bruma and some of the NPCs are male when I went through the trail. 

Thanks loving SkyFem :)

Probably not unless I decide to play the mod. There are so many mods for Skyrim with new NPCs and they would all have to be patched in order to be fully compatible. It's just too much work to make SkyFem work with everything so I only patch mods I usually play with.

Glad you like it. I was really surprised when I found that noone else had made this mod first.

Cool, I can give it a try.  I don't know the first thing about moding but if you have a guide then I'll see.

Ok one more question (I hope :s )..... 

I did something to my bodies and can't figure out what I did... The "Male" characters are having neck seems and flattened breasts.  I'm using the Outfit/Body of CBBE Body HDT w/ PReset of OCR - Petite-Buxom.  Any help would be appreciated. :)  Thanks

----EDIT-----

So I figured it out, YoungMer was overwriting the bodies for Nords back to male.   I resolved it by setting the meta data in Loot to load after YoungMer.  But I found some other things overwriting at the same time so I set them in the meta also;

SkyFem.esp
       Load after BR_HoodCirclets.esp, OCR-Fixes.esp, YoungmerRace.esp
SkyFem Voices.esp
       Load after CoCo_TDM2.esp, Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp, SkyFem.esp, tcbm.esp, Babette.esp
SkyFem Patch MaleUnique Voices Restored.esp 
       Load after SkyFem Voices.esp, SkyFem.esp

The rest of the patches I set load after the original mod and then Skyfem
(i.e. SkyFem Patch Being Female.esp loads after BeeingFemale.esp and Skyfem.esp)

BR_HoodCirclets.esp is from Wear Circlets with Hoods

OCR-Fixes.esp is from OCR - Omnisway Clothing Replacer - CBBE BodySlide BBP TBBP

CoCo_TDM2.esp is from The Devious Manual

tcbm.esp is from Thieves Guild Alternate Routes - Taking Care of Business Mod

Babette.esp is from The Eyes Of Beauty

YoungmerRace.esp is from YoungMer

Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp is from Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

post-1481944-0-13794500-1499493425_thumb.jpg

Ok one more question (I hope :s )..... 

I did something to my bodies and can't figure out what I did... The "Male" characters are having neck seems and flattened breasts.  I'm using the Outfit/Body of CBBE Body HDT w/ PReset of OCR - Petite-Buxom.  Any help would be appreciated. :)  Thanks

----EDIT-----

So I figured it out, YoungMer was overwriting the bodies for Nords back to male.   I resolved it by setting the meta data in Loot to load after YoungMer.  But I found some other things overwriting at the same time so I set them in the meta also;

SkyFem.esp
       Load after BR_HoodCirclets.esp, OCR-Fixes.esp, YoungmerRace.esp
SkyFem Voices.esp
       Load after CoCo_TDM2.esp, Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp, SkyFem.esp, tcbm.esp, Babette.esp
SkyFem Patch MaleUnique Voices Restored.esp 
       Load after SkyFem Voices.esp, SkyFem.esp

The rest of the patches I set load after the original mod and then Skyfem
(i.e. SkyFem Patch Being Female.esp loads after BeeingFemale.esp and Skyfem.esp)

BR_HoodCirclets.esp is from Wear Circlets with Hoods

OCR-Fixes.esp is from OCR - Omnisway Clothing Replacer - CBBE BodySlide BBP TBBP

CoCo_TDM2.esp is from The Devious Manual

tcbm.esp is from Thieves Guild Alternate Routes - Taking Care of Business Mod

Babette.esp is from The Eyes Of Beauty

YoungmerRace.esp is from YoungMer

Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp is from Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

Good on you for fixing it. I had countless similar problems getting my modlist to work so I know how frustrating it can be. Due to the goals of the mod, compatibility issues are inevitable and will occur for many, many other mods. But I've found that most issues can be solved by just using TES5Edit to check for overwrites and correcting/patching as needed. I can't patch every mod though so users will have to do some work for themselves.

In the next few days I'm going to write and upload a complete guide to patching the mod and dealing with compatibility issues. This should help people fix issues like this and make their own patches.

You have pointed out some issues I missed with plugin load order, so thanks again for that. I usually don't bother setting masters for plugins, sorry for that it was probably an oversight on my part. I assumed LOOT would correctly auto-sort for users but you've shown me it won't actually do that by itself.

When I make the final v1.0 of the mod I'll probably update all the patches and add all the necessary masters. But I'm not in a hurry for now so it'll take a while before I get back around to Skyrim modding. To be honest I got quite burnt out on Skyrim and decided to put it on hold for a while.

I couldn't find any conflicts between 'SkyFem Voices.esp' and 'Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp'. Let me know if I missed any.

Let me know if there are still issues with your modlist. I often check the thread and I'm happy to help others.

I couldn't find any conflicts between 'SkyFem Voices.esp' and 'Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp'. Let me know if I missed any.

So I found that Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade overwrote a few things, don't know if it's really a conflict or not...

Majhad
SteelGreatsword "Steel Greatsword" [WEAP:00013987] is dropped and LItemWeapon1HKhajiitCertain_JSwordsCCO_PRIMARY [LVLI:0600FC98] is added by CCOR

same kind of thing for the others (Ahkari[Dropped axe], Marandrujo[Dropped sword], Khayla[Dropped Sword], 
Atahba[added item], MS08AlikrWarrior[Dropped Scimitar], MS08Kematu[Dropped Scimitar], 
MS08AlikrWarriorWhiterun[Dropped Scimitar], MS08AlikrKematuGuard[Dropped Scimitar], 
EncHunter00Template[added item], EncVigilantOfStendarr00Template[Dropped Mace]

Should CCOR win on those?  I hadn't looked at what it had changed just that it did change things.  I am still trying to learn this resource thing, mostly I have been using TES5Edit to try to find my CTD but so far those are not in there....

So I found that Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade overwrote a few things, don't know if it's really a conflict or not...

Majhad
SteelGreatsword "Steel Greatsword" [WEAP:00013987] is dropped and LItemWeapon1HKhajiitCertain_JSwordsCCO_PRIMARY [LVLI:0600FC98] is added by CCOR

same kind of thing for the others (Ahkari[Dropped axe], Marandrujo[Dropped sword], Khayla[Dropped Sword], 
Atahba[added item], MS08AlikrWarrior[Dropped Scimitar], MS08Kematu[Dropped Scimitar], 
MS08AlikrWarriorWhiterun[Dropped Scimitar], MS08AlikrKematuGuard[Dropped Scimitar], 
EncHunter00Template[added item], EncVigilantOfStendarr00Template[Dropped Mace]

Should CCOR win on those?  I hadn't looked at what it had changed just that it did change things.  I am still trying to learn this resource thing, mostly I have been using TES5Edit to try to find my CTD but so far those are not in there....

Where are you getting the readout? I've never seen that before.

I'm checking my modlist in TES5Edit and the only conflicts with CCOR for these entries is with Guard Dialogue Overhaul and Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade. I don't think these weapon edits are caused by SkyFem. SkyFem and it's patches shouldn't make any weapon edits, ever. If they have, it's a mistake that needs fixing.

Make sure that CCOR loads AFTER Weapon & Armor Fixes Remade and Clothing & Clutter Fixes.

For CTDs, try looking on Nexus for Crash Fixes if you don't already use it. Also, I find Captured Dreams to cause a lot of CTD.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

I'm checking my modlist in TES5Edit and the only conflicts with CCOR for these entries is with Guard Dialogue Overhaul and Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade. I don't think these weapon edits are caused by SkyFem. SkyFem and it's patches shouldn't make any weapon edits, ever. If they have, it's a mistake that needs fixing.

Make sure that CCOR loads AFTER Weapon & Armor Fixes Remade and Clothing & Clutter Fixes.

For CTDs, try looking on Nexus for Crash Fixes if you don't already use it. Also, I find Captured Dreams to cause a lot of CTD.

So I am getting them in TES5Edit 3.2.  I don't use Weapon Fixes or Clothing & Clutter fixes.  I loaded Skyrim.esm, Skyrim.exe, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm, Dragonborn.esm, Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp, SkyFem.esp, SkyFem Voices.esp

Here are some pictures of the conflicts, I only did 2 photos but I can get all of them if you want. 

Yeah I use the Crash Fixes and ENBoost but still I get the CTD.  I have looked at the Crash Fix guide on tracing the cause by using the minidumps but I can never find the FormID when I search for it in all of my mods.   There never seems to be a rime or reason for the crashes either.  I started a new game last night and left Skyrim running for about 10 minutes to load the mods and came back to it crashed.  I had only sat down in the chair in the cell for Alternate Start.  Yet I loaded up the save it made and it's been fine until now and it just crashed while I turned my character.

Just looking at your files I am starting to understand how to modify the NPCs in to females, but looking at Bruma there are some new nif files that don't seem to have female versions yet (minotaur uses the Draugr female nif but a custom minotaur02.nif for the male) so I am guessing either I will have to make new nif (something I will have to learn) or those NPCs will remain male

post-1481944-0-24977300-1499561898_thumb.jpg

post-1481944-0-94355500-1499561899_thumb.jpg

So I am getting them in TES5Edit 3.2.  I don't use Weapon Fixes or Clothing & Clutter fixes.  I loaded Skyrim.esm, Skyrim.exe, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm, Dragonborn.esm, Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp, Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp, SkyFem.esp, SkyFem Voices.esp

Here are some pictures of the conflicts, I only did 2 photos but I can get all of them if you want. 

Yeah I use the Crash Fixes and ENBoost but still I get the CTD.  I have looked at the Crash Fix guide on tracing the cause by using the minidumps but I can never find the FormID when I search for it in all of my mods.   There never seems to be a rime or reason for the crashes either.  I started a new game last night and left Skyrim running for about 10 minutes to load the mods and came back to it crashed.  I had only sat down in the chair in the cell for Alternate Start.  Yet I loaded up the save it made and it's been fine until now and it just crashed while I turned my character.

Just looking at your files I am starting to understand how to modify the NPCs in to females, but looking at Bruma there are some new nif files that don't seem to have female versions yet (minotaur uses the Draugr female nif but a custom minotaur02.nif for the male) so I am guessing either I will have to make new nif (something I will have to learn) or those NPCs will remain male

I just realized that 'SkyFem Voices.esp' is an obsolete plugin. It was an experimental patch and it's features have now been added into the main mod. Just remove it and update to the latest version of 'SkyFem.esp' if you haven't already. Sorry, I didn't realise that immediately.

You can still use 'SkyFem Patch MaleUnique Voices Restored.esp '. It should have 'SkyFem.esp' as a master so LOOT should auto-sort it correctly.

About the crashes, all I have left to recommend is to copy your current profile in MO into a new test profile, then deactivate some mods and restart. Keep repeating until you identify which plugin causes the crash. Just activate/deactivate half at a time, then gradually narrow down. I've had to do it a few times. It's tedious but it works.

Many creatures just don't have actual female nifs, but the entry still has an unused default for the female model. If you want to feminize them you'll have to use the nif from another creature. Try to use nifs from creatures of the same race. I don't recommend swapping nifs between creatures of different races because it risks compability issues and crashes due to mismatched skeletons and animations. But male creatures isn't really a big issue, SkyFem is focused on humanoid NPCs.

Ah ok that makes sense.  I'll remove the voices one.   I had the SkyFem 0.16b but didn't realize that I could get rid of the voices.  Yeah I might give that a try for finding the crashes so far I use them as a oh... I guess I need to take a break feature.  Maybe one day I'll finish Skyrim.... I have yet to finish the main quest line, I had one save that I got really far but then got beheaded (while using TIM) and didn't like that my head kept falling off.  Thats when I started using SexLab and it's been hard since then w/ the CTD and then trying to figure out what I want as a mod, so far I am at around 210 mods I think.....

Hmm ok I won't swap creature nifs, I didn't think about that all I saw was they used the other one for the female and figured that would be the correct way.

Ah ok that makes sense.  I'll remove the voices one.   I had the SkyFem 0.16b but didn't realize that I could get rid of the voices.  Yeah I might give that a try for finding the crashes so far I use them as a oh... I guess I need to take a break feature.  Maybe one day I'll finish Skyrim.... I have yet to finish the main quest line, I had one save that I got really far but then got beheaded (while using TIM) and didn't like that my head kept falling off.  Thats when I started using SexLab and it's been hard since then w/ the CTD and then trying to figure out what I want as a mod, so far I am at around 210 mods I think.....

Hmm ok I won't swap creature nifs, I didn't think about that all I saw was they used the other one for the female and figured that would be the correct way.

Haha, I have about 500 hours logged on Steam for Skyrim, but I've never made it past level 15 on a character. I always had to restart due to crashes or changing my modlist. So don't worry about it; the real game is modding Skyrim, not playing it.

Sexlab mods are the worst for stability and crashes so that's what I'd check first for persistent CTDs.

Hello,

Skyfem is a wonderful mod, hitting right my weak spots. But, it collides with my favourite mod since Oblivion, the All Female Guards mod, having only female guards is nice thing too. And i'm not sure, if Skyfem properly works, as everyone seems to have dick, but if i make a female char, she doesn't have one, so, it works in favour of the player at least. Using UNP and Bel UNP addon for SOS.

Also is there a mod called Diverse Guards Skyrim, which looks like a nice addition, just typing it.

Hello,

Skyfem is a wonderful mod, hitting right my weak spots. But, it collides with my favourite mod since Oblivion, the All Female Guards mod, having only female guards is nice thing too. And i'm not sure, if Skyfem properly works, as everyone seems to have dick, but if i make a female char, she doesn't have one, so, it works in favour of the player at least. Using UNP and Bel UNP addon for SOS.

Also is there a mod called Diverse Guards Skyrim, which looks like a nice addition, just typing it.

Glad you like it. Skyrim really needed a mod like this.

SkyFem should make all guards look and sound female, so All Female Guards and Diverse Guards Skyrim is probably redundant and unneccessary. I looked at both of them before making this mod. All Female Guards is oudated (5 years since last update) and has compatiblity issues, so I recommend against using it unless you patch it. Diverse Guards Skyrim needs a patch before it is compatible with this mod because it includes custom facegendata.

If you want all guards to be female, just keep SkyFem and remove All Female Guards and Diverse Guards Skyrim from your modlist. SkyFem should handle the rest.

SkyFem and the SOS patches are designed to allow SOS to put schlongs on all NPCs, including both female NPCs and feminized males. If you don't want this to happen, you can go into the MCM menu for SOS and disable/enable it for whatever races/genders you want. You can also target individual NPCs and add/remove schlongs for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a patch for The Book of UUNP . Glad to share with you guys.

attachicon.gifSkyFem Patch BookOfUUNP.7z

I'm trying to figure out how to apply EBD texture packs to feminized character.

Directly edit texture's names seen to crash skyproc patcher.

Any luck here?

Thanks for making a patch and sharing it.

I don't know if/how EBD would work with SkyFem since I'm not familiar with it. SkyFem leaves the male NPCs flagged as male but will make them load female assets like textures/meshes. So if the patcher reads genders from the NPC plugin record then it will need to be changed to treat all males the same way it treats females before it will apply textures correctly.

EDIT: Do your texture packs have plugins? You will need to patch any plugin entries for texture sets so that female ones can be loaded on males. Open up SkyFem.esp in TES5EDIT and look at the entries under 'Texture Set' to see the kind of changes you need to make.

Made a patch for The Book of UUNP . Glad to share with you guys.

attachicon.gifSkyFem Patch BookOfUUNP.7z

I'm trying to figure out how to apply EBD texture packs to feminized character.

Directly edit texture's names seen to crash skyproc patcher.

Any luck here?

Thanks for making a patch and sharing it.

I don't know if/how EBD would work with SkyFem since I'm not familiar with it. SkyFem leaves the male NPCs flagged as male but will make them load female assets like textures/meshes. So if the patcher reads genders from the NPC plugin record then it will need to be changed to treat all males the same way it treats females before it will apply textures correctly.

EDIT: Do your texture packs have plugins? You will need to patch any plugin entries for texture sets so that female ones can be loaded on males. Open up SkyFem.esp in TES5EDIT and look at the entries under 'Texture Set' to see the kind of changes you need to make.

Never mind, It's custom race mod that causing the problem.

In case somebody is wondering how to do this:

To apply EBD female texture pack on those feminized characters. You need to change every folder and file name contains female to male.

Quick example here:

post-1172602-0-31032700-1500940745_thumb.png

post-1172602-0-36512300-1500940762_thumb.png

For now I've moved on to making a version of SkyFem for Fallout 4, called Femout4. I'll still continue to support this mod with patches on request and other help for users, but if I do anything more with this mod it'll be a while before that happens. It's pretty much a complete mod as is, all that's left for completion is to make male falmer and draugr use futa/strapon models during sex scenes. I had also intended to use the nexus mod 'A Woman's World' as a base for a beautification patch.

If anyone wants to continue with this mod they are welcome to do so, no credit necessary, use it however you please.

I've got all the features developed for the Fallout 4 mod and fixed all the bugs I've found. Just some more playtesting to find any remaining bugs before it's ready for release. I'm uploading the current version of the Femout4 mod in case anyone wants to help playtest and find bugs, or just to get an early copy of the mod.

In order to use it you'll need to create your own facegen in the Creation Kit. Extract new facegen for the NPCs you want to test out. Let me know if you find any bugs.

To reiterate- all male NPCs will still have male heads in this version of Femout4 until you extract the facegen data using the Creation kit while Femout4.esp is loaded. Everything else is already feminized- the clothes/armor/animations and as many voices as possible.

EDIT: Femout4 is intended to be patched for compatibility with any working futanari mods and sex frameworks in the future. I'm just getting the mod ready for when those become available.

There is currently only one futanari mod for Fallout4 but I've found through testing it's not possible to use it for applying schlongs to every humanoid NPC. It'll be necessary to wait until someone creates a better futa mod.

Femout4.7z

post-1080275-0-94189500-1501284659_thumb.png

post-1080275-0-11006300-1501284698_thumb.png

post-1080275-0-15156100-1501284727_thumb.png

post-1080275-0-50588000-1501284767_thumb.png

post-1080275-0-23631300-1501284803_thumb.png

post-1080275-0-91982100-1501284834_thumb.png

For now I've moved on to making a version of SkyFem for Fallout 4, called Femout4. I'll still continue to support this mod with patches on request and other help for users, but if I do anything more with this mod it'll be a while before that happens. It's pretty much a complete mod as is, all that's left for completion is to make male falmer and draugr use futa/strapon models during sex scenes. I had also intended to use the nexus mod 'A Woman's World' as a base for a beautification patch.

If anyone wants to continue with this mod they are welcome to do so, no credit necessary, use it however you please.

I've got all the features developed for the Fallout 4 mod and fixed all the bugs I've found. Just some more playtesting to find any remaining bugs before it's ready for release. I'm uploading the current version of the Femout4 mod in case anyone wants to help playtest and find bugs, or just to get an early copy of the mod.

In order to use it you'll need to create your own facegen in the Creation Kit. Extract new facegen for the NPCs you want to test out. Let me know if you find any bugs.

To reiterate- all male NPCs will still have male heads in this version of Femout4 until you extract the facegen data using the Creation kit while Femout4.esp is loaded. Everything else is already feminized- the clothes/armor/animations and as many voices as possible.

EDIT: Femout4 is intended to be patched for compatibility with any working futanari mods and sex frameworks in the future. I'm just getting the mod ready for when those become available.

There is currently only one futanari mod for Fallout4 but I've found through testing it's not possible to use it for applying schlongs to every humanoid NPC. It'll be necessary to wait until someone creates a better futa mod.

You might want to start a new thread for the fallout 4 version if you have not done so, just to keep them seperate, and it is looking nice, though this does something similar though it is not for all male to females some do though http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8781/?

• 3 weeks later...

The Fallout 4 version of this mod is now out.

Main mod is available on the Nexus due to large files size here. This only converts NPCs into females, not futanari-

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26098/?

The additional patches to convert NPCs into futanari are available on Loverslab here-

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4388-femout4-all-npcs-now-futanari/

I may have found a glitch with another mod, beeingfemale. Even with the patch, it seems like previously male characters never regain virility. Could there be an alternate reason for this?

Do you mean feminized males can't father children anymore? If so, I don't know what could be causing the problem.

Or do you mean feminized males can't get pregnant? I don't know of a way to make previously male characters get pregnant with that mod.

NPCs retain their original gender flag with this mod so Being Female should treat feminized males as males. There should also be an MCM option to let pre-existing females father children.

The patch just feminizes the meshes males use for carried babies and shouldn't affect scripted content.

• 2 weeks later...

Um why does this need Hearthfires when I already have it installed?

I have no idea. I'm assuming you mean that the plugin thinks Hearthfires.esp isn't activated when it actually is. I don't have this problem with my own install. Is it a problem with SkyFem.esp or it's patches? Are you using MO or NMM?