Need help! Things in the dark Mo will not install.

Extract the files within the archive and re-compress a new archive with those files in them. MO doesn't like to recognize some compressed formats. I have this happen to me with .rar..  So what I do is extract the files manually into a temp folder and right click on that temp folder and select "add to archive..." to compress it and rename that temp folder. Then I use MO to install it.

Yes... this comes up on occasion with those that use WinZip. It don't work all the time depending on how the author compressed it. Most authors use 7zip not WinZip as a result sometimes you will have an archive that won't unzip properly using WinZip.

Another hint if you want.. after extracting the folder you can drag the folder directly into the MO/Mods folder and then start the manager and all will show. It will be just like you installed it the normal way. Useful for TTW installing. Just be sure to have the folder setup properly before doing any compressing or manually installing.

Archived