So I've got some sort of weird problem with the Ren hair fix. I'm trying to use hair10' date=' the one with some curly fancy twintails. The mesh from the reworked thread download looks fine but has parts in the back where the head goes through it, so I put in the fixed version, only to get this:

th_275978264_ScreenShot7_122_182lo.jpg th_275983241_ScreenShot8_122_26lo.jpg th_275990124_ScreenShot9_122_1027lo.jpg

Some sort of... doubling effect is going on there? Like some sort of transparent copy of the hair hovering over it? What went wrong here? Nothing like this is present in the reworked meshes or the old mesh you provided that doesn't change color in the dark properly. Did the creator mess something up with the hair meshes? Like, he changed the outer hair mesh but not the inner one?

Yeah, I think that's the problem here... I'm seeing the old hairline mesh with the new hair mesh. Would it be possible to notify the creator of this somehow? Or even fix it ourselves? This might be occurring on other Ren hairs in the pack, too.

Strange, the fix I made for Ren's hair10 was working fine. I believe the problem is either the latest head mesh because now I'm seeing bald spots on some of hairs (so far only Ren's) or something about Ren's that is makes it buggy. I guess that explains why there are 2 fixed versions.

If you are expereiencing other hair-related problems I suggest uninstalling Ren's hairs.

<<<<<<<<<<---+--->>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Thelightone

Thank you, but I don't deserve any credit. I've only been sharing and troubleshooting the occasional problems.

Well, the head mesh causes bald spots on some Ren's hair, but it seems like the fix is supposed to get rid of them. Only problem is that its hairline10 mesh is still in the old position, meaning the more transparent outer mesh is floating above the solid hairline mesh. If I look carefully I can see the inner mesh having the same bald spot problem, so it's definitely that.

I really want to get this one in particular working though, it's the only twintails hair mesh that isn't subject to the alpha lighting problem that makes hair lose all light near certain light sources. The Amy hairs all have that problem.

Well' date=' the head mesh causes bald spots on some Ren's hair, but it seems like the fix is supposed to get rid of them. Only problem is that its hairline10 mesh is still in the old position, meaning the more transparent outer mesh is floating above the solid hairline mesh. If I look carefully I can see the inner mesh having the same bald spot problem, so it's definitely that.

I really want to get this one in particular working though, it's the only twintails hair mesh that isn't subject to the alpha lighting problem that makes hair lose all light near certain light sources. The Amy hairs all have that problem.

[/quote']

I'll see what I can do. I just wish there was a real-time preview of the results instead of saving the file to the game folder, starting the game, exit the game, make changes with nifscope then repeating the whole process.

<<<<<<<<<<---+--->>>>>>>>>>

Castanic Lydia-Concept 2 Version 1

castaniclydiaconcept2v1.th.jpgcastaniclydiaconcept2v1.th.jpg

Castanic Lydia-Concept 2 Version 2 - closely resembles the actual Tera Castanics

castaniclydiaconcept2v2.th.jpgcastaniclydiaconcept2v2.th.jpg

Ok so this is a really noob question.

*Edited*

Ok I have worked out how to make Elin companions and have got 2 of them running around with me now.

So I have a few differant questions now.

1.When I am making them in the CK only the Squirrel Cat and Fox have tails with their ears is this meant to happen? How do i get rabbit tails?

2.Is their anyway to not have any neck seam with their heads or is the Cots Texture the best it is going to get?

Ok so this is a really noob question.

I downloaded Unp x117 the Cots version.

Loads of mods in there.

Which ones do i need to load in the Ck to make my own Elin companion?

I have no intrest as playing one but i would love to make some npc ones' date=' so any idea which mods i can safely remove?

Thanks in advance love this mod!

[/quote']

Hello Deathmaw

ElinRace.esm would be the main file you need. Also ElinmageFollowersVanilla.esp is a followers mod you can use. Keep in mind that the ElinRace.esm contains templates that you can use to help make an Elin companion.

Good Luck.

Ok I have worked out how to make Elin companions and have got 2 of them running around with me now.

1.When I am making them in the CK only the Squirrel Cat and Fox have tails with their ears is this meant to happen? How do i get rabbit tails?

2.Is their anyway to not have any neck seam with their heads or is the Cots Texture the best it is going to get?

3.How do i find the templates?

4.Is their any Terra armor that works with 117 Cots?

Also thanks!

3.How do i find the templates?

4.Is their any Terra armor that works with 117 Cots?

Also thanks!

1) The ears/tails you are using don't come with a rabbits tail. Only the Tera Elin hairs from the ElinRaceTaint.esm has all ears and matching tails, but for some reason the Ram Elin's tail refuses to show up.

2) The New Elin race was originally meant to use it's original (nonnude) body which was the precursor to the Tera body and the Monli body. I did a quick adaptation so that those who prefer UNP can try out the Elin race without having to install CBBE. So yes, there will be a neck seam. Have you tried all of the CotS textures?

3) The templates are not in the ElinRace.esm, my mistake, but rather in the SummonElinRing.esp. It contains information about Factions, Attack Data, Attack Animations, and pretty much any information that would be the same among multiple characters. Just activate SummonElinRing.esp and do a search for templates. I have attached a screen of there names.

4) Jiitek should have some Elin armors converted for the CotS race and I posted DL links to Fox18 and Fox19 armors for the Tera body. They should fit.

EDIT: My bad, the screenshot should only point to one record and that is '2chElinEncSummonElinTemplate'.

1) The ears/tails you are using don't come with a rabbits tail. Only the Tera Elin hairs from the ElinRaceTaint.esm has all ears and matching tails' date=' but for some reason the Ram Elin's tail refuses to show up.

2) The New Elin race was originally meant to use it's original (nonnude) body which was the precursor to the Tera body and the Monli body. I did a quick adaptation so that those who prefer UNP can try out the Elin race without having to install CBBE. So yes, there will be a neck seam. Have you tried all of the CotS textures?

3) The templates are not in the ElinRace.esm, my mistake, but rather in the SummonElinRing.esp. It contains information about Factions, Attack Data, Attack Animations, and pretty much any information that would be the same among multiple characters. Just activate SummonElinRing.esp and do a search for templates. I have attached a screen of there names.

4) Jiitek should have some Elin armors converted for the CotS race and I posted DL links to Fox18 and Fox19 armors for the Tera body. They should fit.

EDIT: My bad, the screenshot should only point to one record and that is '2chElinEncSummonElinTemplate'.

[/quote']

Cheers about telling me about Elin Taint I didn't add that as a master when I was making my companion mod so again thanks for that!

I have reverted to the default Elin body since I think the shape fits them more and goes better with their gear.

Asami and Sakuya want to say thank you!

perzd.jpg

1) The ears/tails you are using don't come with a rabbits tail. Only the Tera Elin hairs from the ElinRaceTaint.esm has all ears and matching tails' date=' but for some reason the Ram Elin's tail refuses to show up.

[/quote']

Cheers about telling me about Elin Taint I didn't add that as a master when I was making my companion mod so again thanks for that!

I have reverted to the default Elin body since I think the shape fits them more and goes better with their gear.

Asami and Sakuya want to say thank you!

perzd.jpg

You're welcome and tell Asami and Sakuya they are welcome too. :D

Thanks for the fix' date=' it works great now.

I'm not seeing the same problem while previewing the other hairs in the race menu, however.

[/quote']

Great news!

There is one other, hair #1, that is showing bald spots again after installing the last update. I'm going to wait on fixing that because I have the latest version of the Elin race and, of all things, a Futa-Monli mod. So I'll be making the other hair fix after doing some testing with the latest mods.

By the way, might you know how to change additional head parts in the CK? Rather than try to create my own follower esps, I thought I'd just add onto the existing Elin follower mod. I also wanted to customize the ones already in there, but found I had no way to remove the runes on their foreheads, from the scar head parts.

By the way' date=' might you know how to change additional head parts in the CK? Rather than try to create my own follower esps, I thought I'd just add onto the existing Elin follower mod. I also wanted to customize the ones already in there, but found I had no way to remove the runes on their foreheads, from the scar head parts.

[/quote']

I'll have to take a closer look at the followers in the CK then I'll let you know. Like the Summoned Elins, I'm sure templates are used, but not 100% certain without a closer examination.

You know... I was just playing around with the Monli race and I noticed something. Their 1st person is also in 0.8; but it only affects their race. When I play anyone else they're still at a 1.0 height. What is different between the Monli files and the Elin? I deleted that _1st person folder from my Skyrim Data, so why/how does the Monli race "know" to go to a 0.8 perspective? And is this something that could be mimicked for the Elin to give them the proper height without disrupting other races?

In either event, I do absolutely love the race =P I've (after a mod to forge dwarven automations) made mine into a steampunk conjurer XD

You know... I was just playing around with the Monli race and I noticed something. Their 1st person is also in 0.8; but it only affects their race. When I play anyone else they're still at a 1.0 height. What is different between the Monli files and the Elin? I deleted that _1st person folder from my Skyrim Data' date=' so why/how does the Monli race "know" to go to a 0.8 perspective? And is this something that could be mimicked for the Elin to give them the proper height without disrupting other races?

In either event, I do absolutely love the race =P I've (after a mod to forge dwarven automations) made mine into a steampunk conjurer XD

[/quote']

I believe the reason is that Kashim edited the original Monli race's skeleton file. Have you tried switching the skeleton files to see what will be the end results? I'll give it try and, if it works, let everyone know what to do if they play multiple races.

@Mud

If you want to customize the existing followers then I suggest you first install NPC Photobooth

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l94wbiv5n69uksl

Start the game as usual and when the main menu appears, open the console (SHIFT + ~) and type:

coc photobooth

A button on a pedastal will appear (you might need to move the camera down to see it). Click on it and you will have three options:

Create NPC

Change Background

User Manual

Go ahead and choose Create NPC. The Character Creation menu will appear and you can make your custom follower. When done and you name your follower (or keep the same name as the original Elin follower), bring up the console and type:

spf 'NameOfNewNPC' (NameOfNewNPC = the name you give your custom NPC)

You will now find a new file in the Skryim folder called 'NameOfNewNPC'.npc, this file contains the Gen Parts and Morphs.

Start CK, activate ElinMageFollowerVanilla.esp then do a search for 'Elin'.

• If you want to customize an existing follower

1. Choose the follower, right-click then choose EDIT.
  2. Go to the Character Gen Parts tab and click on the IMPORT button.
  3. Search for 'NameOfNewNPC.npc, select it then click OK.
  4. The follower should have her new look.

• If you want to add a new follower to the Elin followers mod

1. Do the same as above except after choosing a follower, right-click and choose DUPLICATE instead of EDIT.

To exit PhotoBooth just exit as you would when playing the game.

EDIT: My mistake, instead of spc NameOfNewNPC, it should be spf NameOfNewNPC. So it's 'spf' and NOT 'spc'.

what does x117 mean?

and where is the main elin race file link?

Thanks so much

Hello Nopopup

x117 refers to the Ashen x117 race now renamed as Children of the Sky. I use the two interchangeably.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4367

The main Elin race files are located in my first post.

-1- Elin-Tera Body (Elin race with standalone body) is listed under the What's New section

-2- Elin-x117 (Elin race using the Children of the Sky body) is located in the NER - Main - UNP (children of the sky) section. Just click the spoiler button.

-3- Elin-Monli (Elin race using the Monli race body) is located in the NER - Main - CBBE (monli) section.

Thank you so much for your reply Machina

So i'm trying to instal terabody one but i already have racecompatibility.esm file in my skyrim Data folder. But the elin mod contains it too. I have installed so many mods so i don't know where it came from. Should i overwrite it ?

Thank you so much for your reply Machina

So i'm trying to instal terabody one but i already have racecompatibility.esm file in my skyrim Data folder. But the elin mod contains it too. I have installed so many mods so i don't know where it came from. Should i overwrite it ?

If both of the RaceCompatibility.esm is version 1.7 then it doesn't matter. The one that come with the New Elin race is definitely v1.7 so if you are unsure about those that come with the other mods then go ahead and replace.

Hello. I am using your Elin-Monli Race pack just recently, migrating from the Elin Race Repack 3.

Firstly, everything works great except for a few problems.

I installed everything the Race required, including the optional files (the hairs), I can customize my looks at the start of the game, but not when in mid-game using showracemenu command. Showracemenu command will almost always end up in a freeze I had to soft reset my PC to use it. Is this normal? I never had problems with the old Elin race before.

(I do understand there are a lot of hairstyles for Elin and it takes a long time to load them all but is that the possible reason? Btw if I want to change appearance in mid-game I have to go to interior cell, strip all my gear from my character and change. It does take a quite a while for the showracemenu to load but it works.)

Secondly, when I decide to change my character outfit, I undress and found that my Elin body is invisible while the other limbs (hands and legs are visible). What am I doing wrong? Did I possibly installed the meshes in wrong directory? I am using the NMM installation method.

Showracemenu in general can cause issues if you use it in busy or wide open areas. It's recommended to use the command only in enclosed areas, in which case it may still load slowly but will typically go through.

Hello. I am using your Elin-Monli Race pack just recently' date=' migrating from the Elin Race Repack 3.

Firstly, everything works great except for a few problems.

I installed everything the Race required, including the optional files (the hairs), I can customize my looks at the start of the game, but not when in mid-game using showracemenu command. Showracemenu command will almost always end up in a freeze I had to soft reset my PC to use it. Is this normal? I never had problems with the old Elin race before.

(I do understand there are a lot of hairstyles for Elin and it takes a long time to load them all but is that the possible reason? Btw if I want to change appearance in mid-game I have to go to interior cell, strip all my gear from my character and change. It does take a quite a while for the showracemenu to load but it works.)

Secondly, when I decide to change my character outfit, I undress and found that my Elin body is invisible while the other limbs (hands and legs are visible). What am I doing wrong? Did I possibly installed the meshes in wrong directory? I am using the NMM installation method.

[/quote']

Hello Nabaeru

The freezing issue with 'showracemenu' is common. The best solution is what you did; go inside and remove all your gear so the game has less data to load. Having lots of hair mods installed can sometimes cause the freezing and certain armors will do it all the time.

Regarding the missing body, when you uninstalled the old Elin-Monli Repack (with NMM) did you also uninstalled the Monli race? Since you are using NMM, uninstall the Elin-Monli v2 pack then completely remove any leftover files, if any, from the previously installed Monli race; manually if necessary. Now reinstall the version 2 pack. I suspect NMM made an error installing and/or replacing the Monli files.

Let me know if it worked. Good Luck!

It worked! Now I wonder why the body is missing in the first place. I remembered that I install Monli BBP and scale on top of each other. I just installed only one of them, but I don't know if that is the problem. Still, my Elin's back, and she's happy.

Divine Elin smiles for you. :P

IFtom.jpg