[moved to dl files] no more females walking like "machines". "NMFWLM by sbire"

Any chance of making a character mod like this?

So that if we play a girl she doesn't walk like a man..

my girl doesn't walk like a man.

female nord level 81

I just figured that out when I made a female character 5 min ago o.O

So is there any reason why the esp's are not showing up in NMM?

Okay I figured it out, 

For anyone who used NMM

Dragonborn and Skyrim Strings have a "Sub folder" so what you have to do it you have to extract the sub folder.

And then put all off the strings from the folder straight into the archive and then delete the original "Strings" folder that is in the Archive.

You can't delete the folder and then put the strings in because deleting the only folder in the Archive in turn deleted the Archive.

Other than that NMM places all of the files exactly where they need to go "I checked"

Ignore the fact that they are "unrecognized"

Cheers

these are the strings from the official bsa files.

you'll need them, if you try to open some *.esp with the ck.

NMFWLM_*.esp comes in the english language.

otherwise, they are useful for several mods. they will prevent some CTD, which are caused by missing strings.

these strings are a little service, thats all.

hmm, this works for most but isn't working for Orcs. i have the TBBP animations if that makes a diff.

did you have tried to verify that with a new game? i dosn't have that problem. maybe there are some random orc females based on male templates. or a conflict with a other mod with higher priority.

and does this mod effect Mounted Combat? i've read that a few mods like this that changes gender animations can mess up mounted combat. thanks

no. theres no new animation or script. all what this mod does, is to disable one option at the traits tab.

Hey there! I've tried your mod with new savegames and all but to no avail! So I've made my own .esp through CK! I've edited all the females in Skyrim vanilla and will eventually edit the ones in the DLCs. I've only used Skyrim.esm as a master file and it works perfectly. For those who wanna try my .esp, you're welcome to download it!

sounds like a placebo. if it's work for you, so it's ok. :)

So I used your vanilla mod and it seems to work....Lydia is my main concern.  Here is the problem though:   It works on saves that are before I purchased the land for Lakeview Manor.  Every save after that, the game ignores your mod (or any Lydia gender animation changing mod) and reverts back to the male animations.  Is this a known issue?  Anyone know what gets imbedded in a save for that?

Otherwise it's a good change.

So I used your vanilla mod and it seems to work....Lydia is my main concern.  Here is the problem though:   It works on saves that are before I purchased the land for Lakeview Manor.  Every save after that, the game ignores your mod (or any Lydia gender animation changing mod) and reverts back to the male animations.  Is this a known issue?  Anyone know what gets imbedded in a save for that?

Otherwise it's a good change.

my esp will overwritten everytime you use a mod with a higher priority like a esm as a pourposal. you can fix that easyly by yourself. open that conflicting mod.esp and disable the "use opposite gender anim" option at the npc.

in my personal case, all relevant npc's are modded by his own esp. so i doesn't have that issue. with my mod i cover all other npc's, which aren't touched by other mods.

I think this mod is incompatible with mods like Hotter Skyrim, Supermodel Skyrim etc. Do you know any workaround?

A record paste using TesEdit5 would probably do the trick (laborious but reasonable to do) as a patched version of the original mods.  Permissions etc to publish on the nexus etc ..

I've just taken a look at these files in TES5Edit (as I was planning to merge the changes into a pre-existing tweaks plugin I use to amalgamate minor tweaks), and I noticed that for some of the female npcs you have also altered other records other than just the gender animation flag. Mostly it is just tint layers, but I've seen some changes to aggro levels, and in rare cases changes to skills, health or the npc inventory.  is there a reason for this or can I safely remove those parts of the records?

I've just taken a look at these files in TES5Edit (as I was planning to merge the changes into a pre-existing tweaks plugin I use to amalgamate minor tweaks), and I noticed that for some of the female npcs you have also altered other records other than just the gender animation flag. Mostly it is just tint layers, but I've seen some changes to aggro levels, and in rare cases changes to skills, health or the npc inventory.  is there a reason for this or can I safely remove those parts of the records?

i've edited the gender anim option, only. all other things you'll see with tools like TES5Edit aren't done by me. maybe by the client himself. if you use Wrye Bash, have a rightclick at the esp and choose details. there you can see all affected actor templates. i doesn't change any other settings. it could be possible, that bethesda was tweaking some npcs a little during the last updates. i've no glue.

second time, just as reminder

i've unchecked the "use opposite gender anim", only.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, great work!

Started a fresh game recently and grabbed these esp's, thought I'd mention the blacksmith Orc in Markath was missed, Ghorza gra-Bagol.

thx, i'll check that asap   :)  sry, i can't fix that. her setup as default are female working style. 

you could change her race, perhaps.  :D

post-34869-0-61981000-1363337432_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One question:

I sadly came in contact with the worlds of mods as I played Skyrim already deep into the Dawguard questline and already started hearthfire house building, therfore especially my four housecarls (Lydia, Iona, Jordis, Rayya) are irreversibly opposite gender animated, aka its baked into my saved game. The big disadavantage of this male gender animation is especially, that certain BBP mods do not work correctly, because the BBP effects are female animation based (UNBP BBP und TBBP does not work at all, CHSBHC delivers some breast jiggle, but no female walking/running animation at all). 

I now want to start a fresh new game and really want to take care about changing the animations early enough by using your .esps, but I guess there will be issues with the Apachii NPC Hair Overhaul .esp.

Does your .esp files just contain the changes to the animations (uncheck box for opposite gender animations) or do you saved the whole other untouched traits (especially default weight), facegendata, inventory etc, stuff to your .esp files too? In the later case my (self modded) Apachii NPC Hair overhaul .esp will conflict for sure with your .esp. they will overwrite each other.

if your .esp just contains the animation changes it would be possible to load it after the Apachii .esp without any override, if not I need to mod the animation changes into my Apachii NPC hair .esp by myself (according your nice list on page 1).

One question:

I sadly came in contact with the worlds of mods as I played Skyrim already deep into the Dawguard questline and already started hearthfire house building, therfore especially my four housecarls (Lydia, Iona, Jordis, Rayya) are irreversibly opposite gender animated, aka its baked into my saved game. The big disadavantage of this male gender animation is especially, that certain BBP mods do not work correctly, because the BBP effects are female animation based (UNBP BBP und TBBP does not work at all, CHSBHC delivers some breast jiggle, but no female walking/running animation at all). 

I now want to start a fresh new game and really want to take care about changing the animations early enough by using your .esps, but I guess there will be issues with the Apachii NPC Hair Overhaul .esp.

Does your .esp files just contain the changes to the animations (uncheck box for opposite gender animations) or do you saved the whole other untouched traits (especially default weight), facegendata, inventory etc, stuff to your .esp files too? In the later case my (self modded) Apachii NPC Hair overhaul .esp will conflict for sure with your .esp. they will overwrite each other.

if your .esp just contains the animation changes it would be possible to load it after the Apachii .esp without any override, if not I need to mod the animation changes into my Apachii NPC hair .esp by myself (according your nice list on page 1).

the whole touched npc would be saved. if you like to use a custom npc you have to uncheck the opposite gneder anim, too.

in my case, i use custom esp for every relevant follower, like jordis, utgherd and the female housecarls and NMFWLM covers the whole rest.

[spoiler=white hair front, Jordis]

solitude___afterparty_by_convaincant-d5y

[spoiler=Iona]iona___ridge_by_convaincant-d5yed7c.jpg

[spoiler=Lydia]lydia___void_by_convaincant-d5ypm52.jpg

One question:

the whole touched npc would be saved. if you like to use a custom npc you have to uncheck the opposite gneder anim, too.

in my case, i use custom esp for every relevant follower, like jordis, utgherd and the female housecarls and NMFWLM covers the whole rest.

[spoiler=white hair front, Jordis]

solitude___afterparty_by_convaincant-d5y

[spoiler=Iona]iona___ridge_by_convaincant-d5yed7c.jpg

[spoiler=Lydia]lydia___void_by_convaincant-d5ypm52.jpg

Nice girls :-)

Small update. I started a fresh new game and powerleveled my char in the cave at Helgen to lvl 39 by using the usual stuff (playing with the essential Stormcloak guy for onehand and twohand, sneaking while facing the cave wall and locking the forward button and going afk watching TV etc.) and applied your .esp files and watched a female animated Lydia thereafter in whiterun the first time in my Skyrim life :-)

As Apachii NPC Hair overhaul is a far too outdated and bugged mod, I decided to leave it uninstalled, I will only alter certain NPCs (the housecarls Iona, Jordis, Lydia, Rayya and maybe a few selected other NPCs).

A custom .esp with a Skyrim.esm and maybe update.esm as masters for the Skyrim housecarls and the hearthfire.esm for a Rayya.esp as master for example would be the one alternative, but actually I could - as a second alternative - apply the changes of the NPCs I would like to have (weight, hair, the whole facegendata stuff like eyes, skin color, nose type, lip type and color etc.) directly to the according NMFWLM.esp.

Why only changing animation types with those .esps (creating a backup of the .esp before of course), or has my thinking a mistake?

Another question is, what load order do you suggest concerning mods like UFO/EFF, which slighty alter NPC data too?

A custom .esp with a Skyrim.esm and maybe update.esm as masters for the Skyrim housecarls and the hearthfire.esm for a Rayya.esp as master for example would be the one alternative, but actually I could - as a second alternative - apply the changes of the NPCs I would like to have (weight, hair, the whole facegendata stuff like eyes, skin color, nose type, lip type and color etc.) directly to the according NMFWLM.esp.

Why only changing animation types with those .esps (creating a backup of the .esp before of course), or has my thinking a mistake?

Another question is, what load order do you suggest concerning mods like UFO/EFF, which slighty alter NPC data too?

i wouldn't use NMFWLM as a reference for any custom npc, pls disable the opposite gender anim at his own .esp.

load order, as soon as possible, you have to test that, btw i think my mod is listed in BOSS, so WRYE BASH will set the loadorder automaticly.