SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

9 minutes ago, Onikakarot said:

i just cant get this to work  since the update   no matter what i do skyrim will not launch if this is enabled now 

also does this have animated parasites integrated or do i still need to install that separate from this

If you are using Special Edition, the last update will not work. It is currently for Vanilla Skyrim only.

Animated parasites is a separate mod.

I'm seeing a small but cumulative belly inflation (which SLIF claims is from Parasites), about 0.15/day... even though this toon has not yet encountered any parasites.  This is with the latest github version.  SLHormones is also installed, but all body-altering effects are disabled in the MCM.  SDPlus is also installed, but not doing anything yet.

Is this effect intended, or is it a bug of some kind?  It isn't visually apparent yet, but it will become obvious if it keeps happening.

34 minutes ago, stobor said:

I'm seeing a small but cumulative belly inflation (which SLIF claims is from Parasites), about 0.15/day... even though this toon has not yet encountered any parasites.  This is with the latest github version.  SLHormones is also installed, but all body-altering effects are disabled in the MCM.  SDPlus is also installed, but not doing anything yet.

Is this effect intended, or is it a bug of some kind?  It isn't visually apparent yet, but it will become obvious if it keeps happening.

it could be a bug but it will be difficult to track down.

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

it could be a bug but it will be difficult to track down.

That's what I was afraid of. 

I don't see any of the log traces I'd expect if this was happening through the normal routines in Parasites (I've read the relevant code, and as far as i can see this is cleanly centralized). 

So one possibility that occurs to me is that somewhere in all the refactoring you've done, a piece of SLIF-related code got cut & pasted into one of the other mods... and kept the parameter that indicates the source mod pointing (erroneously) to Parasites.  Just a wild theory, I haven't unpacked SLH (for example) to look for such.

Hi! thanks for your mod, my first time replying to this thread, just wanna quickly say I am looking forward to chapiter 3

I tried converting the mod to SSE using CAO https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316?tab=description, and I quickly tested it for about and hour and finished Chapiter 2, hasent ran into any game breaking bug so far, everything seems to be working as intended, only a handful of small issue here and there( which was also present in the older SSE conversion that I was using up to this day).

I used some console command and the MCM to quickly test the new chapter(namely COC to get to black reach and MCM to directly infest my character). after comparing my experience with the walkthrough, it seems that all the quest line are working correctly in my SSE conversion( I accidentally skipped the Sightless pit part and directly went into Sinderion's lab using COC, but the quest still progressed further once I get the note from the lab).

my issues are mostly on certain parasite not showing up, and seemingly unable to get infested while sleeping( maybe because I am using Dangerous nights)

from my testing, Spider penis, chaurus worn and face hugger are all visible and work just fine. Barnacles and living armor are also visible but deforms and flattens the chest(not sure what is happening here, I am using 3bbb incase it is related). spider eggs and hip hugger are some how invisible, it seems like the mesh are present but the testure is not showing up, because when I gets a glow from any kind of buff, I can kinda see the outline of those parasites.

These problems are both present in the older conversion as well as in my conversion, I suspect the meshes or the testures arent converted properly, but running nifscan reveals nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, for some reason, the chaurus stud went hostile when I returned to the cave after the update, luckily this hasnt cause any longterm issue that i can tell. After my dog companion bite the worn to death, Lastelle still approach my character, shoved a worm down her ass and pulled another chaurus out of the thin air to iniate a sex scene. not sure what is happening here as well, but hey, it just worked

edit2: fyi, previous to the update, my save file has already finished the quest to the point Lastelle start repeating that she'll be fine for now. I simply returned to the cave after the update and the quest kept going. after the chaurus sex scene, the new objective of gathering 100 eggs and finding books all showed up, without the use of console.

anyway here is my converted copy, if anyone wants to give it a try. 

edit: posted the wrong file, oops. this one should work.

KyneBlessing20200725sse.rar

17 minutes ago, normal24yearoldstudent said:

Hi! thanks for your mod, my first time replying to this thread, just wanna quickly say I am looking forward to chapiter 3

I tried converting the mod to SSE using CAO https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316?tab=description, and I quickly tested it for about and hour and finished Chapiter 2, hasent ran into any game breaking bug so far, everything seems to be working as intended, only a handful of small issue here and there( which was also present in the older SSE conversion that I was using up to this day).

I used some console command and the MCM to quickly test the new chapter(namely COC to get to black reach and MCM to directly infest my character). after comparing my experience with the walkthrough, it seems that all the quest line are working correctly in my SSE conversion( I accidentally skipped the Sightless pit part and directly went into Sinderion's lab using COC, but the quest still progressed further once I get the note from the lab).

Wow, you're fast!

Also, what is suppose to happen in the underground sanctuary scene? i followed Danica(with her facehugger on) to the underground, then after a message explaning the situation, she just left the cell and presumably removed her facehugger later on her own, while my character was left in the santuary to fight 3 Spriggan( and 2 of them arent even hostile for some reason), am I doing something wrong?

In the previous stage of the quest, when Danica removes the hip hugger from the player, it auto initiated a masturbation sex scene in my case, and it interupted Danica's dialogue, so I was kinda confused about what she was saying and what should i do next. 

Is there a way to turn off the auto masturbation function, at least during the quest? it kind of frustrating to miss out on the story because my chracter was too horny.

1 hour ago, normal24yearoldstudent said:

haha thanks, I just learned how to use CAO like yestarday, and stumble on the new update of this mod, so I gave it a go. hope I didnt fucked up anything in my conversion ;)

I also tried using CAO with parasites in the past, and also experienced the "invisible parasites" bug (pun lol). I think SSE conversion thread is the place to discuss this further though. As far as the deformation, those parasites are meant for CBBE LE, so they'd need to be converted to 3BA in bodyslide (or an appropriate conversion of the individual pieces found. I think the barnacles are from the Falmer Bikini mod, and can probably be found in TAWOBA remastered).

2 hours ago, normal24yearoldstudent said:

The Sightless Pit was just a convenient way to get to Blackreach and bypass Aftand or the other ways to get in as they are a slug of dwemer and falmer attacks.

The important part of the quest is in the Field lab, so it does't matter how you get there.

my issues are mostly on certain parasite not showing up, and seemingly unable to get infested while sleeping( maybe because I am using Dangerous nights)

from my testing, Spider penis, chaurus worn and face hugger are all visible and work just fine. Barnacles and living armor are also visible but deforms and flattens the chest(not sure what is happening here, I am using 3bbb incase it is related). spider eggs and hip hugger are some how invisible, it seems like the mesh are present but the testure is not showing up, because when I gets a glow from any kind of buff, I can kinda see the outline of those parasites.

These problems are both present in the older conversion as well as in my conversion, I suspect the meshes or the testures arent converted properly, but running nifscan reveals nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My guess is that the textures are not square or some silly thing like that.

SE seems very picky about stupid things for obscure reasons.

Also, for some reason, the chaurus stud went hostile when I returned to the cave after the update, luckily this hasnt cause any longterm issue that i can tell. After my dog companion bite the worn to death, Lastelle still approach my character, shoved a worm down her ass and pulled another chaurus out of the thin air to iniate a sex scene. not sure what is happening here as well, but hey, it just worked

The chaurus stud becoming hostile was probably a leftover from the previous game. In the new questline, I disable it and replace it by a pacified chaurus when you talk to Danica on behalf of Lastelle the first time.

edit2: fyi, previous to the update, my save file has already finished the quest to the point Lastelle start repeating that she'll be fine for now. I simply returned to the cave after the update and the quest kept going. after the chaurus sex scene, the new objective of gathering 100 eggs and finding books all showed up, without the use of console.

Giving her eggs should also trigger more egg sacs around the cave by the way.

Also, what is suppose to happen in the underground sanctuary scene? i followed Danica(with her facehugger on) to the underground, then after a message explaning the situation, she just left the cell and presumably removed her facehugger later on her own, while my character was left in the santuary to fight 3 Spriggan( and 2 of them arent even hostile for some reason), am I doing something wrong?

You are supposed to pick up the object that is causing the corruption as Danica should have said in the cave with a popup message.

Killing the spriggans shouldn't be too difficult if you lure them to the poison gas free entrance. 

I forgot to add a Calm/Pacify spell effect when you lift the corruption... that will be part of the next update. 

For now you have to kill them.

In the previous stage of the quest, when Danica removes the hip hugger from the player, it auto initiated a masturbation sex scene in my case, and it interupted Danica's dialogue, so I was kinda confused about what she was saying and what should i do next. 

Is there a way to turn off the auto masturbation function, at least during the quest? it kind of frustrating to miss out on the story because my chracter was too horny.

The animation is caused by Devious Devices ... the hip hugger is technically a chastity belt, so it triggers an animation of relief when you remove it.

I would look for an option about that in DD's menu.

I can adjust the timer of the scene with Danica if you missed her message in the Sanctuary to account for the animation.

10 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The animation is caused by Devious Devices ... the hip hugger is technically a chastity belt, so it triggers an animation of relief when you remove it.

I would look for an option about that in DD's menu.

ah, I am not familiar with DD so I didnt know that was the culprit, but thanks for pointing me to the right direction

10 hours ago, w234aew said:

I also tried using CAO with parasites in the past, and also experienced the "invisible parasites" bug (pun lol). I think SSE conversion thread is the place to discuss this further though. As far as the deformation, those parasites are meant for CBBE LE, so they'd need to be converted to 3BA in bodyslide (or an appropriate conversion of the individual pieces found. I think the barnacles are from the Falmer Bikini mod, and can probably be found in TAWOBA remastered).

I think will try to extract the BSA file and replace the Spores armors with the ones from TAWOBA remastered. I dont really know how to properly convert armor into 3BBB( tried it in the past and failed miserably), so I think I'll just pretent tentacle armor dont exist for now. I dont use EC anyways

edit:yeah well poop it didnt work. I tried replacing the nif files under meshes\armor\kyneblessing\harnessbarnacles with the ones from TAWOBA remastered, still not working. 

edit2: turns out even the TAWOBA remaster's parasite do not work, still gets the flatten chest problem from the armor of that mod, no wonder it didnt work even if I replace the nif. However, the seperate pieces of breast barnacle and vaginal barnacle from TAWOBA remaster do work with 3bbb body( as they should ). 

I'm having trouble with the quest, mostly at the beginning.

First, I managed to get the Chaurus male to Lastelle, and was told to go to Danica in Whiterun. I've done that, but she won't let me proceed. She keeps saying "come back when you have a parasite or eggs."

I want to continue the questline, but I cannot proceed. This is with a brand new character.

EDIT: I managed to continue the questline by using the MCM and forced both huggers onto my character.

Anyway, I finished the quest up to the ritual, but since the rest hasn't been done yet, I'm in anticipation about it.

I have also noted many problems, mostly spelling errors.

Also, shouldn't Danica equip a face crawler once she removes the crotch hugger?

There appears to be some provision for SLSO in the scripts, but no actual event registration for SexlabSeparateOrgasm.  As a result, some events (like expulsion of Chaurus worms) won't ever happen with SLSO. 

There are workarounds: re-enabling the original SexLab event in the SLSO MCM, or using the SLP MCM to forcibly remove the parasite.  But it seems like a one-line script change (the event registration) would probably solve the problem entirely.

9 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

I'm having trouble with the quest, mostly at the beginning.

First, I managed to get the Chaurus male to Lastelle, and was told to go to Danica in Whiterun. I've done that, but she won't let me proceed. She keeps saying "come back when you have a parasite or eggs."

I want to continue the questline, but I cannot proceed. This is with a brand new character.

EDIT: I managed to continue the questline by using the MCM and forced both huggers onto my character.

What you are describing are tow quest stages very far apart from one another.

Talking to Danica after bringing the chaurus stud to Lastelle is at the beginning of the quest and having to wear two huggers is at the end. 

Di you get to do the middle? Go to the fort north of Karthwasten, go to Blackreach...

Anyway, I finished the quest up to the ritual, but since the rest hasn't been done yet, I'm in anticipation about it.

I have also noted many problems, mostly spelling errors.

If you can point me to some of them, I am happy to fix them.

I will take another look at the dialogues.

Also, shouldn't Danica equip a face crawler once she removes the crotch hugger?

She should yes.. at least she did in my tests.

1 hour ago, stobor said:

There appears to be some provision for SLSO in the scripts, but no actual event registration for SexlabSeparateOrgasm.  As a result, some events (like expulsion of Chaurus worms) won't ever happen with SLSO. 

There are workarounds: re-enabling the original SexLab event in the SLSO MCM, or using the SLP MCM to forcibly remove the parasite.  But it seems like a one-line script change (the event registration) would probably solve the problem entirely.

I will take a look. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: The registration was indeed missing. I fixed it for the next update.

Minor cosmetic bug:  enchantment effects showing up with "name missing".  This is because the armor item (being a DD 'scriptInstance' device) is deliberately left with a blank name to mask it from the inventory screen.

If you have the enchantment on the 'inventory' device (for e.g. the tentacle monster), the name will show up properly in the effects screen.  In my experiment, it didn't seem to be necessary to remove the enchantment from the 'scriptInstance' device at the same time - the enchantment didn't get double-counted or anything like that.  But it looks like some of the ordinary DD devices only put the enchants on the inventory items (e.g. restrictive corset).

EDIT: Correction, having the enchantment on both devices is not a reliable fix.  You can get double-counting of effects, and the "missing name" still sometimes happens.

2 hours ago, stobor said:

Minor cosmetic bug:  enchantment effects showing up with "name missing".  This is because the armor item (being a DD 'scriptInstance' device) is deliberately left with a blank name to mask it from the inventory screen.

If you have the enchantment on the 'inventory' device (for e.g. the tentacle monster), the name will show up properly in the effects screen.  In my experiment, it didn't seem to be necessary to remove the enchantment from the 'scriptInstance' device at the same time - the enchantment didn't get double-counted or anything like that.  But it looks like some of the ordinary DD devices only put the enchants on the inventory items (e.g. restrictive corset).

EDIT: Correction, having the enchantment on both devices is not a reliable fix.  You can get double-counting of effects, and the "missing name" still sometimes happens.

I had issues getting the enchantment to work at all on the inventory device. Moving them to the scriptinstance device made the enchantment work immediately at the cost of missing the name. 

I could look into making the enchantement hidden or silent.

4 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I could look into making the enchantement hidden or silent.

Not sure that'd be an improvement.  The enchant on the inventory device is working for me... but then, I made that hack after the tentacle monster was already equipped.   So that doesn't really contradict your experience.   Oh well.  ?

6 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

What you are describing are tow quest stages very far apart from one another.

Talking to Danica after bringing the chaurus stud to Lastelle is at the beginning of the quest and having to wear two huggers is at the end. 

Di you get to do the middle? Go to the fort north of Karthwasten, go to Blackreach...

If you can point me to some of them, I am happy to fix them.

I will take another look at the dialogues.

She should yes.. at least she did in my tests.

I do understand that, but what I'm saying is that in order for Danica to actually allow me to continue the quest stage, I had to use the MCM to get the two huggers just to be able to continue that quest. She wouldn't let me continue without a parasite or two equipped.

As for the quest involving the 2 huggers, that went pretty much smoothly, except for Danica not equipping the face one, which I mentioned.

As for the dialogues, there is so many I just can't pick them all out. I may have to go through it all and write it all down on a seperate post, or even just attach a .txt file with the dialogue that needs fixing, along with suggested fixes.

One more thing, and this is just a suggestion: After the facehugger quest involving the roots, would it be possible to add a dialogue option to allow the player to keep the facehugger equipped instead of it being forced off of you?