I regret i ever saw this. :(

just decided to give skyrim a second look about five days ago after a very short 1st trial some years ago.

this time decided to jump into trying mods before trying game again.

found good mods, all went well (for the most part). i've actually enjoyed playing modded skyrim and didnt see myself losing interest 

anytime soon.

see this mod and decided to give it a go.

read thru and see "Stop using Nexus Mod Manager or no manager at all and start using Mod Organizer."

but... but.... i like using my nexus mod manager...

its got the job done for me...

its worked well for me...

it didnt confuse me...

it made me like the game for once...

ok fine... if i must, i'll make the stupid switch.

goes to nexus and uninstalls all my mods....

goes to nexus and uninstalls nexus.

goes to mod organizer and proceeds to TRY to install mods

(*thinks to self im gonna hate this, i hated messing with mod settings the first time, they are always to damn confusing)

(assures self its ok, you did it the first time and survived.... all will be well)

starts seeing issues....  

starts seeing more issues...

starts reading stupid stuff i dont wanna read...

reads more stupid stuff i dont wanna read...

reads that nexus mod manager stuff can be migrated over to mod organizer.

goes back to where i read "Stop using Nexus Mod Manager or no manager at all and start using Mod Organizer."

doesnt see a line saying nexus mod manager stuff can be migrated over to mod organizer.

all i see is a bunch of already uninstalled bunch of fucking stupid mods and errors like the tree isnt growing out of the root, its growing out of some stupid fucking elfs nose, stick the data folder up somebodys ass to make it work correctly or choose ignore and drive yourself crazy.

why couldnt that line that said "Stop using Nexus Mod Manager or no manager at all and start using Mod Organizer." be followed by nexus can be migrated by doing this or reading that.

now im pissed, im bored, im aggravated and my game is fucked, so i guess i'll now say fuck the game, im going back to playing the sims. 

you can close and delete this thread for all i care, im done with all these negative feelings now, and dont choose to wanna revisit them by returning to this thread or this game at this time.

i guess my whole point of this post is not everybody is a skyrim mod enthusiast,

some of us are just noob idiots who have been up to their ears in reading.

trying their best to understand how to customize a game they previously thought sucked.

realizing that it is possible to make it better. i just want the better without all the stupid reading.

hmmmm....

looks back...

better...

reading....

better + reading = better reading :)

better + reading = less reading :)

better + reading = better gaming :)

sadly something i no longer have due to lack of better reading.

oh well... back to kinky world. 

Yes.

However, the readings are phuxored by its-all-about-me modders who, at Nexus, don't really understand that "description" and "instructions" are two entirely different concepts.

So we get instructions masquerading as a description, complete with run-my-youtube-views-up-plz by following this link, because I can't be bothered writin gooder; centered text to decrease readability; RED FONT for important easy-to-miss detail, that is easily missed. I don't waste time trying to read the unreadable. I rely on the instruction being supplied in ye-olde-worlde format of the README.TXT file.

They don't do those now.

Even if they did, you'd never find it in the maze of files you have named "main file" "download this" "V1".

blah blah cloud

blah blah platform

blah blah immersive

Anywho. A concise instruction included as a readme file would much appreciated by many people, I'm sure.

Oh, yeah, I stopped using NMM or whatever because it didn't sort stuff from Nexus.

srsly wtf?

My first attempt at using Mod Organizer was also a failure. I didn't understand what it was doing and I didn't know that it needed a helping hand to ensure it finds the right folder to mark as "Data" (Hint: Always use the "Manual" install option and manually find the right folder to mark as the "Data: folder to be safe and to be sure unless the mod has a FOMOD installer).

My second attempt at using it went much better and as I learned more about MO and what it can do I only regret the time I wasted trying to install stuff using NMM because NMM will eventually screw things up enough that you have to reinstall the game again.

My first attempt at using Mod Organizer was also a failure. I didn't understand what it was doing and I didn't know that it needed a helping hand to ensure it finds the right folder to mark as "Data" (Hint: Always use the "Manual" install option and manually find the right folder to mark as the "Data: folder to be safe and to be sure unless the mod has a FOMOD installer).

My second attempt at using it went much better and as I learned more about MO and what it can do I only regret the time I wasted trying to install stuff using NMM because NMM will eventually screw things up enough that you have to reinstall the game again.

This is exactly my experience also. If you make lots of new games or like to try lots of mods MO is a must have imo.

Sorry for this post and thread. I told myself i wasnt gonna come back here.

I was and i'm still in a.. i hate myself more than most people frame of mind,

(usually shows most when i read so much and irreversibly fail that i feel like a total idiot for still not understanding)

and so when i have a chance to hate someone else more than me, it takes away the time i should be spending hating myself.

(I dont wanna hate myself but i do and i cant help it) ( I dont wanna hate you but now i cant distract myself from hating myself by gaming

cause my game no longer works)

I'm also frustrated cause im stereo-typed by the old skull n bones so have no right to ask for help.

(thats right, go out and buy it you cheap, lazy bastard)

i'm in my mid 40's... worked multiple jobs at times, worked 40, 50, even 80 hour work weeks. sometimes as much as 40 hours straight. lifted 50 to 100 lb+ size boxes on a daily basis. now my back is ******.

(So yeah i'm definitely the lazy type.)

dont have a dime to my name. became depressed and stuck in awake mode for 30-50 hour spurts, and then sleeping in spurts of equal length.

i'm bi-polar and have off the charts anxiety. luckily anxiety is one thing successfully medicated. and the best of all mental illnesses A.D.D. So just reading anything or watching how to videos is a real pain in the ass.

(its great having to watch tv with subtitles cause anything heard longer than 2 sentences turns into jibberish that wont be heard by my mind til halfway thru the next commercial break if im lucky) (also nothing better than asking whats for dinner tonight only to find out you already ate dinner 2 hours ago. oh cool! so what did we eat then?)

(who wouldnt wanna hire someone like me on their payroll) (i'm so good with people i have umm.. 1.... no 2... i mean 5...

ok fine 0 friends, there i said it) great, pretty soon im gonna be getting messages from ISIS cause they love idiots like me.)

well if your so bad, then you should get counseling and disability.

(Counseling is a hard step to commit to, and i have multiple times each ending in the same result. i see them for a month or 2, they get better job offers just as i start to let my guard down after about a month or 2 and then i get re-assigned some other asshole that ends up doing the same thing a month or 2 later. been thru this over and over. so whats the use, i might as well just talk to myself or just have meltdowns in public forums cause my unsupported illegal game doesnt work.)

(as far as disability goes... yeah tell that to the judge and the review boards. normal people always think like and make stupid posts like these im sure. thats why im getting denial after denial.) 

I hate to have to play a game this way, I always worked for what i had. and also sadly gotten to the point where i've sold everything i have and this pc is all i have left. if and when i do have i will go buy this game and support the developer as i did with the sims 1, 2 & 3 with all stuff pack and expansions and many other games. 

I guess what im trying to say is just cause someone downloaded a game doesnt make them a bad person that doesnt deserve to ask for help.

gaming keeps me from making the stupid posts like these and from hating myself for not being as good as the rest of the functional people of the world. i try my best to understand all this stuff i read, but sadly i cant cause my mind wont let me.

sorry...

part of me wonders why im even posting this,

part of me feels bad that im making you read this,

and part of me feels like screw it, who cares why im posting this, just do it already.

*clicks post*

Archived