Hmm, yes but I think I'll look into making it possible to copy the settings for the currently selected NPC to everyone instead. Would allow for more options to be applied as well as only having to set up one abductee the way you want them instead of each one manually.

• 2 weeks later...

It's taken me a while to get around to trying this mod. I am quite impressed. It's very thorough and well made. Great work LazyGirl!

I do have a couple of thoughts/suggestions though. Might it be possible to change the kill option to a collar detonation that blows off the captives head like in Slavery Simple for New Vegas? and while you are at it maybe also add an option that zaps them unconscious also like that mod?

Another feature that would be extremely handy would be if you could have the option to bind them kneeling if you have vanilla handcuffs on you like in the mods Intimidation Redone (defunct) and Intimidation Overhaul. That could also be done through your existing menu like with the kill option.

Thanks! Hmm I'm not really familiar with making magic effects + visual animations but if there is a vanilla game effect doing something similar or tutorials showing how it's a possibility.

Hmm you want to the option to use a handcuff instead of the collar as part of the restraining process or anytime once abducted?

Thanks! Hmm I'm not really familiar with making magic effects + visual animations but if there is a vanilla game effect doing something similar or tutorials showing how it's a possibility.

Hmm you want to the option to use a handcuff instead of the collar as part of the restraining process or anytime once abducted?

For the head explosion. I am not sure how to do it but I'd be happy with the typical headshot decapitation effect and a bang sound. No need for anything fancy, unless someone more knowledgeable can help. I only know anything about Skyrim modding, and nothing about FX stuff either.

As for the handcuffing I meant after the slave is captured at any time. The 2 intimidation mods I mentioned before had a similar feature through dialogue, though I think your config menu is an even better solution. I really like how those mods use the vanilla handcuffs as it makes finding them more fun.

I'm still enjoying this mod in my game!  Just thought I'd mention that it *seems* to play nice with that "Sim Settlements" mod and its add-ons that's all the rage right now.  Slaves will get assigned to homes and jobs although they still have the dialog problems because they're not set up for everything.  Prisoners will also respond to the mod's inbuilt commands such as "Town Meeting" that makes everyone show up around you and follow you around.

If anyone tried the SSE version of Abduction the toggleable new alt mode works about the same. It uses partially new functions so expect some new bugs too. This mode filters for ActorTypeNPCs exclusively so any more "exotic" ones won't work. They may be added later if I can find suitable vulnerability state animations to play though.

Beyond the new mode there isn't any major changes so if you're satisfied with the existing way of doing things there is little reason to update.

You can explode heads, I used to have it hotkeyed, but I lost it.

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Dismember_-_Actor

Something like Dismember( Head1, true, true?, true/false )

I think it's quite easy to attach it to the collar. I'll give it a shot.

... remember to kill the actor after decapitating, otherwise it will continue to roam around headless

And it only works on actors with have "3D loaded" - I don't know what that means, but I remember it used to fail on some actors, returning an error about  3D

I just recognized that this mod breaks ordering any settlers/companions to TortureDevices or Prisoner Shackles for me. As soon as i enable the mod through pipboy this is present.

Sending them to farm or any other vanilla action works fine.

I just recognized that this mod breaks ordering any settlers/companions to TortureDevices or Prisoner Shackles for me. As soon as i enable the mod through pipboy this is present.

Sending them to farm or any other vanilla action works fine.

Just tested the latest TortueDevices + patch and could workshopmode assign my Wintermute companions, a couple of abducted citizen plus a settler without problems to its furniture.

Try reassigning the NPC to the settlement the furniture is in and see if that helps. Also try removing the perk and see if that helps, if so there is something interfering with how NPCs are detected in which case using the baton mode might help.

Dominated captives aren't following me when I 'recruit' them, they just stay standing in place where I captured them.  Are we supposed to be able to move them around? Maybe another mod of mine is causing this to break?

UPDATE UPDATE STOP THE PRESSES!

I switched to abducting the clone (kill option) and it worked.  The cloned dominated slave started following me and obeying commands.  Seems it won't work if you try and dominate the original NPC.  Abducting the clone seems to be the best option overall anyway!  Be warned though, the original, if knocked down, turns hostile again and will fight. 

Try abducting a NPC with the workshopnpc script, they'll have "Abduct" instead of "Dominate" but use the same functions for recruiting and dismissal.

If those work check if the recruited Dominated NPCs have the teammate menu, trade, stay etc. Should that be the case the script works for them too but you have something blocking the follow functionality.

... remember to kill the actor after decapitating, otherwise it will continue to roam around headless

And it only works on actors with have "3D loaded" - I don't know what that means, but I remember it used to fail on some actors, returning an error about  3D

Here you go: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4165-exploding-slave-collar/

Scriptname SACexplodingcollar extends ObjectReference Const

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)

actor target = akactor
		utility.wait(utility.randomint(10, 20))
		target.setprotected(false)
		target.Dismember("head1", true, false, true)
		target.kill()

endEvent
Cool! Any plans to expand it further? Having the explosion triggerable through a script function or custom event is probably a good idea so the collar can be worn by every NPC and the explode effect only happening on demand. Would make it easier to use as an asset in other mods too.

Having the option to pass arguments for an instant, delayed by x seconds or randomly chosen between x and y would also be handy.

The extended delay options could in turn be combined with animation/idles support (both integrated and passed in from external sources) offering some neat options like having the NPC cower in fear, kneel and beg for mercy or run around fleeing in desperation before the head explodes.

Should be possible to reuse the mutant suicide beep sound as a countdown too for extra dramatic effect as well hehe

Hmm, having a toggle to make the NPC attack the player too as a last ditch desperate effort when it fires might be an idea too but on the other hand that could be handled by the triggering the effect

Not sure how to do 90% of what you just said, LOL, I just made it as a resource / proof of concept. My main focus is on my hanging mod right now. But if I think about something (that I actually know how to do), I'll implement it.

By all means, if you come up with some use for it in your own mod, please go for it.

Cool! Any plans to expand it further? Having the explosion triggerable through a script function or custom event is probably a good idea so the collar can be worn by every NPC and the explode effect only happening on demand. Would make it easier to use as an asset in other mods too.

Having the option to pass arguments for an instant, delayed by x seconds or randomly chosen between x and y would also be handy.

The extended delay options could in turn be combined with animation/idles support (both integrated and passed in from external sources) offering some neat options like having the NPC cower in fear, kneel and beg for mercy or run around fleeing in desperation before the head explodes.
Should be possible to reuse the mutant suicide beep sound as a countdown too for extra dramatic effect as well hehe

Hmm, having a toggle to make the NPC attack the player too as a last ditch desperate effort when it fires might be an idea too but on the other hand that could be handled by the triggering the effect

Slept on it, and I think we are overcomplicating something that can be simple.

Since it's a non-replacer of the vanilla item, you can continue to equip the vanilla collar upon abduction. Then, whenever your / some mod decides we no longer like the victim (the mod handles the conditions / event), it can just equip the victim with my exploding collar, which will then carry on and blow up. Since it uses the same mesh as the vanilla item, the transition should be seamless.

I'll see, maybe I'll add an "exploding gun", something that can project a magic effect that equips the collar, or simply casts the explosion command. But it's just more of the same, really.

Yes, I will look into adding the mutant suicide beep (do you happen to know any id for it? I'll look, anyway) and I will also try to add a frenzy spell, or whatever it is. As it is right now, it's a little boring :)

Be warned, this mod may break some quests.  For instance, the bar fight in "Confidence Man" in Vadim's bar.  I removed the Named NPC part of the mod but it still failed.  Then I used the holotape in the pipboy to disable the mod (reloading from before the scene) and the scene played out as it should.   

Truthfully, this is the only quest so far that I've found that this mod actually breaks.   I've probably lost all the slave workers I've captured so far and I'll probably have to kill them when I get back to my settlements but, oh well, the game generator will make more!  :-D

I think I finally learned where my problems were coming from.  There was no mod conflict, but there was a mod required for the "Better Settlers" mod.  Apparently, the NPCs that needed this prerequisite did not funciton properly.  When I added it, most of the problems went away.

Erm, I think I'm a complete idiot. I'm, unsure how the custom outfits work. Every time I try to figure out how to set it, it just ends in saying the outfit in the slot is empty. I feel like a total dunce here. I don't suppose I could get a little help.

Erm, I think I'm a complete idiot. I'm, unsure how the custom outfits work. Every time I try to figure out how to set it, it just ends in saying the outfit in the slot is empty. I feel like a total dunce here. I don't suppose I could get a little help.

Don't, seems it doesn't work for me either so something must have bugged out in one of the later updates. I'll see if I can get it working again when I'm back to FO4 modding mode.

Out of curiosity, and I apologize, I realize you're not currently in the modding mindset. I'm just curious. I don't suppose you've considered dipping a tiny bit into F4SS mechanics and adding in selling of abductees? I mean it could help to solve some issues. If they get too aggressive due to script breaks why not make caps off of broken scripts. Just a thought. Again, sorry. I just find this mod to be really entertaining and a great alternative to F4SS. In my opinion you even do some things better but, that's my opinion.

Something i need help with: I am trying to get a big group of NPC's together for a certain mod (whether they're raiders, gunners, named people or settlers whatever), and having them chase me as an enemy with melee weapons is unpredictable cuz of the retarded AI while using console commands to control one by one can bug out my game so i was wondering, What is the largest amount of people you can abduct & have in your bag in one time while in one cell without traveling to another cell & how much of them will come out of the bag unbroken after unbagging them?