I have got to say, this is working extremely well after the 49hotfix!... Very nice... They just up and about go to the settlement I select, and I can even abduct whole groups at once O_o without them shooting each others' heads off :D

Edit: and it is not even that OP with the Wep-req-function turned on... you are taking a risk running gung-ho-gook-weekend-with-small-boys into a crowd of heavily armed raiders =P

post-537283-0-00633600-1488976604_thumb.png

Edit: Upon reloading a save, two raiders were hostile. Suddenly a 2vs2 fight broke out. Turret shot one in the background.... Then I just began whacking everybody with the abduction baton - killing them... Going to set up some real settlers instead and put the system to rest until further notice :-P Can't really build a settlement based solely on traitors lol

I have got to say, this is working extremely well after the 49hotfix!... Very nice... They just up and about go to the settlement I select, and I can even abduct whole groups at once O_o without them shooting each others' heads off biggrin.png

Edit: and it is not even that OP with the Wep-req-function turned on... you are taking a risk running gung-ho-gook-weekend-with-small-boys into a crowd of heavily armed raiders =P

attachicon.gif377160_20170308130432_1.png

Edit: Upon reloading a save, two raiders were hostile. Suddenly a 2vs2 fight broke out. Turret shot one in the background.... Then I just began whacking everybody with the abduction baton - killing them... Going to set up some real settlers instead and put the system to rest until further notice :-P Can't really build a settlement based solely on traitors lol

Could be they where set to despawn or a quest/script on them with a "clean up" function effectively resetting them. It's a known issue and there are many NPCs with this, anything from random encounters to those having special dialogue the player overhear usually do to free up resources and empty aliases for re-use.

If you still got the save try this

1 - type "tdetect" in console at start screen to disable the npcs detection routines

2 - load game

3 - check the hostile npcs with the "sv" command and see if they have something other than the workshopnpc script running(anything starting with RE is the random encounter quests for example)

4 - run "sqv _MODAbductionQuest", this will list all abducted NPC ids in the KidnappingVictims alias

Poking around in the vanilla game quests and scripts to yank NPCs out is something I rather avoid but if they're still in the KidnappingVictim alias when turning hostile it might be possible to have the ongameload event simply re-apply the pacification to any in that state. If it's done early enough in the load sequence they should be fixed before the detection routines of other NPCs are up and fights starting.

I have got to say, this is working extremely well after the 49hotfix!... Very nice... They just up and about go to the settlement I select, and I can even abduct whole groups at once O_o without them shooting each others' heads off :D

attachicon.gif377160_20170308130432_1.png

I'm having the same problem.  I had 14 raiders in a settlement as a POW camp and when I reloaded a save game at that location, the raiders began to fight each other.  I had this happen at another location as well but thought it was due to updating the mod.  I guess not.

Also, I had a VATS freeze which stopped when disabling this mod.  Just too bad!  I love this idea, hope that further development works out all the bugs!

The VATS freeze bug is an old game engine related one happening even in unmodded saves. Bethesda unfortunately hasn't managed to fix it yet despite updates claiming otherwise,  see discussion here started last year and still active for example

I had the bug myself after the Far Harbor release and found avoiding VATS, not using scopes or switching weapon got me through problematic areas. Also had to remove a perk if I remember correctly.

I have been running this full on since you put it on the Nexus. Updated to your latest version and also running http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=336142 to give a lot more NPC to capture. I have run into occasional fight amongst the captives. I let them fight it out with mortality on and let Darwin decide. So far I have some pretty good settlements running. One with 14 captives working well together. I have to keep any turrets behind walls or they KOS but my Automaton settlers work just fine with the captives. This is a great mod and a great start. Keep up the good work! I look forward to the next update! 

After trying some new mods I found that I (finally?) had the bug where the Abduction system loses all attached NPCs. I'm not 100% certain but I believe it has to do with how some (esm only?) mods control NPCs where they in some cases reserve exclusive rights stripping control from other mods. While I have no direct fix currently the 0.50 version have two potential workarounds for this

* Hit the NPC with the (now zero damage) Abduction Baton to instantly re-add them to the mod

* Run the "Scan for strays" in the GLOBAL menu.

The catcher will scan all workshops for assigned NPCs having the "_MODAbductionIsAbducted"  keyword and check if they're missing the necessary "_MODAbductionIsAssigned" one and/or isn't present in the "KidnappingVictims" alias. This script runs a double check to break combat on both the NPC and all detected attackers so in most cases this should stop even huge settlement brawls. If there is a slow attack in progress that hits AFTER the script has fixed the factions it may prompt a new fight however.

To avoid this just run the catcher somewhere else in the world where the settlement cell isn't loaded. If you have saved in one with the fights starting before you even load in type "tdetect" at the main menu to disable NPC detection/fights, load game, run the script and then type "tdetect" to re-enable everything.

post-1270046-0-57744500-1489337897_thumb.jpg

After trying some new mods I found that I (finally?) had the bug where the Abduction system loses all attached NPCs. I'm not 100% certain but I believe it has to do with how some (esm only?) mods control NPCs where they in some cases reserve exclusive rights stripping control from other mods. While I have no direct fix currently the 0.50 version have two potential workarounds for this

* Hit the NPC with the (now zero damage) Abduction Baton to instantly re-add them to the mod

* Run the "Scan for strays" in the GLOBAL menu.

The catcher will scan all workshops for assigned NPCs having the "_MODAbductionIsAbducted"  keyword and check if they're missing the necessary "_MODAbductionIsAssigned" one and/or isn't present in the "KidnappingVictims" alias. This script runs a double check to break combat on both the NPC and all detected attackers so in most cases this should stop even huge settlement brawls. If there is a slow attack in progress that hits AFTER the script has fixed the factions it may prompt a new fight however.

To avoid this just run the catcher somewhere else in the world where the settlement cell isn't loaded. If you have saved in one with the fights starting before you even load in type "tdetect" at the main menu to disable NPC detection/fights, load game, run the script and then type "tdetect" to re-enable everything.

Nice, will try this out later. This really made me not capture anything. Latest I captured 2 gunners and 6 raiders independently and sent them all to Sanctuary. None of them made it there(Settler count went up on the pipboy/data/workshop menu, and then went down to before capture when I fasttravelled to Sanctuary), and they are not mortal, so they dissappeared entirely.

Have to mention that I am running WOTC and Raideroverhaul, but if they are capturable, they have the script right? Unless they de-and respawn for use elsewhere on the map ofcourse ^^

EDIT: At the moment, by the way, I have 1 single captured raider from the beginning of my game. She does not  register in the Abduction menu... she is just working in the settlement keeping a low profile, with the occasional "I need real booze"-raider-typical comment. Never any conflicts with her. Kind of weird O_O

EDIT 2: Uploading video to youtube at the moment, where I am sifting through the variables. For some reason though, it is OFC working as intended now xD this is from the 1.50 file.

(still uploading, may take a while for it to be available)

Haven't tried WOTC for ages but from what I remember it uses it's own spawn/despawn system to handle the massive amount of NPCs it adds. Once you sent them on their way the mod most likely unloaded them from the game.

Not sure how it does it, if there are random encounter quests/scripts attached managing this (verify with "sv" command) or if it's some global game setting it uses as well.

It's not a bug as much of as a "conflict of interest" between WOTC trying to limit resource use by removing (what it expects to be) unused assets and Abduction wanting to keep them around.

That said, provided they're still in the KidnappingVictims alias, you can attempt to bring them back by using the "summon all" command. It does a resurrect and re-enable as part of its function now which may be enough to bring back NPCs orphaned by another mod.

I've had the raider slave start fights.. but..

Now I'm getting to watch Dog Meat and Trashcan Carla mix it up... no raider slave in sight. The 2 that are in the settlement are down by the bridge happily puling weeds. Carla just whipped out her gun and started shooting wildly.. at nothing.

Turrets and settlers just ignore the fight like normal.

Also..I loaded a save where I was standing on a roof right next to a turret looking at a raider slave. After about 15 seconds of watching the slave pulling weeds, the turret shoots her for no reason! Come on.. she was about  done! lol

Anyway, I did notice that when Dog & Carla got into it I was walking up behind Carla to do some trading. In both instances, the abduction perk was active...

F4SS has the same problem with raiders and merchants.. the only difference I notice is, if the raider triggers the "what's that" alert, F4SS you pretty much have to kill em cause they're stuck in that state. With Abduction you can just ignore them, keep moving, and they straighten up and follow along.

Oh, think you could get them to stop stealing weapons all the time? I've got one that I've taken at least 6 different weapons from. Wouldn't be so bad if she stole Legendary ones. LOL!

I've had the raider slave start fights.. but..

Now I'm getting to watch Dog Meat and Trashcan Carla mix it up... no raider slave in sight. The 2 that are in the settlement are down by the bridge happily puling weeds. Carla just whipped out her gun and started shooting wildly.. at nothing.

Turrets and settlers just ignore the fight like normal.

Also..I loaded a save where I was standing on a roof right next to a turret looking at a raider slave. After about 15 seconds of watching the slave pulling weeds, the turret shoots her for no reason! Come on.. she was about  done! lol

Anyway, I did notice that when Dog & Carla got into it I was walking up behind Carla to do some trading. In both instances, the abduction perk was active...

F4SS has the same problem with raiders and merchants.. the only difference I notice is, if the raider triggers the "what's that" alert, F4SS you pretty much have to kill em cause they're stuck in that state. With Abduction you can just ignore them, keep moving, and they straighten up and follow along.

Oh, think you could get them to stop stealing weapons all the time? I've got one that I've taken at least 6 different weapons from. Wouldn't be so bad if she stole Legendary ones. LOL!

Trashcan Carla also fudged up something for me yesterday... EVERYONE attacked her. Again and again... Disabling and enabling fixed it, but then it resumed once I fasttravelled back. I just disabled her in the end. Now she is known as Discarded Carla - muaha-badjoke-slam betch!

Lazy, your recapture feature seems to be working! Pretty nice function. Some raiders I've caught are able to farm in peace and no hiccups yet. In theory we could just keep to catching known NPCs from the base game(instead of ones from WOTC). Yesterday I caught the rest of Vault 81 after beautifying them with HOT MAMA Vault 81 :-P Could you throw some children in the mix too? Come on man, you know you like to beat on children! ;-D Is it possible to deepcopy the questinformation, and attach it to some other NPCs, like the guy in the previous post has done? or is it more complex than it appears?

Messing with vanilla NPCs factions and hostility is a bad idea buuuut when doing some testing in a trash save I just added Carla to the WorkshopNpcFaction (337f3) to avoid the fighting. Probably have to do it before combat starts or when she's in downed state and temporarily ingored.

As for copying the workshop-script to other NPCs I've added guides to the Nexusmods sticky on how to do it. 

Adding the script to all children fast is most likely easiest in FO4Edit. It should be possible to filter actors on HumanChildRace, copy them as overrides into Abduction.esp and then duplicate the WorkshopNpcScript from an already modded Actor to all of them at once.

Messing with vanilla NPCs factions and hostility is a bad idea buuuut when doing some testing in a trash save I just added Carla to the WorkshopNpcFaction (337f3) to avoid the fighting. Probably have to do it before combat starts or when she's in downed state and temporarily ingored.

As for copying the workshop-script to other NPCs I've added guides to the Nexusmods sticky on how to do it. 

Adding the script to all children fast is most likely easiest in FO4Edit. It should be possible to filter actors on HumanChildRace, copy them as overrides into Abduction.esp and then duplicate the WorkshopNpcScript from an already modded Actor to all of them at once.

Okay, I will fiddle a little with it later! :-D

We all know that if the earth ends at some point, children will have to pull their weight too. People are too focused on children being children. They could just aswell be criminals or inherent evil from the beginning!!!! They need punishment :-P (ignoring the fact that I had quite a nice childhood myself;without violence ^^)

EDIT 1: In theory, this could also be done with all NPCs from WOTC, right? EDIT 2: Ah, no the despawning still occurs. Sorry for the dumb question.

EDIT 3: Just followed your guide on the Nexus. Will apply and hope it works =)

EDIT 4: ^^ post-537283-0-90723400-1489574589_thumb.png  Dependencies - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16289/?, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16000/?, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16586/? Abduction.esp

EDIT5: This one also adds Hookers of the Commonwealth to the mix (Wasteland Edition, both the LITE and settlement version) Dependencies - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21463/? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22074/? Abduction.esp

Well seems like there has been a lot going on with this mod since I last checked in.  I have not tested this with any version after abduction version 0.41fix but I wanted to release an updated version of the abduction extended file.  I have attempted to add the majority of far harbor in this file.  Since the file update is mainly untested please let me know if you find folks who do not show up as abductable.  The other DLCs are soon to follow ............ well as long as the snow keeps me from getting back home.

abduction extended retooled.esp

Great job! Glad to to hear the guide works and a little tweaking in FO4Edit won't stand between you and your desire to enslave children and kidnap hookers tongue.png

xD laughing, yeah, if you boil the comments down to a broth, they are not wholesome activities - AT ALL :-P Factory in India anyone?... I now have a new digital purpose in life; the online release of cheap electronics with the help of hungry, helpless children and shamed hookers from all over the Commonwealth! Cheap circuitry for everyone! MUAHAahahahahahah *child mumbles hateful stuff in the background*

0.59 is out, here's some more detailed information

OUTFITS - OUTFIT MENU

These are five presets you can use to quickly equip NPCs with anything possible to do so, rings, clothes, armor and weapons. This uses the ref id and as such will work any mod. Items that are leveled will be more or less randomly recalculated. E.g a light armor piece might turn into a light studded armor variant instead.

To use

* Equip the items you want the NPC to wear

* Select the outfit number you want to work with

* Enable "Outfit Editing"

* Drop the items you want to add to the ground from your inventory and the item count should be reported as increasing

* If you drop the wrong item pick it up again and it should report as decreasing

* Once you're done disable "Outfit Editing"

Now you can apply the outfit to the currently selected NPC or all of them

Normally the items of clothing/armor/etc are applied in the order you dropped/added the items. If you want to have some random element to your outfit you can add two or more items occupying the same slot and then enable the "Outfit Randomization" option. This will randomly pick the order the items are equipped. Technically, for some reason it seems to only work with certain items.

Keep in mind both options iterate through ALL items regardless so if you add a lot of them and decide to apply the outfit to a huge number of NPCs things might take a few seconds. Also remember that the script simply unequips existing gear (I decided against deleting to avoid lost item accidents) before equipping new so you can end up with loads of items unless you clear out their inventory. 

You can also choice to have the currently selected outfit applied on Abduction, useful if you have some ideas of your own on what an abductee should wear. Depending on what items are equipped and the slots they use the abduction collar may be removed or remove something.

MOD MENU

Enable Abduction XP Gain - will do just that when you abduct. The formula is a basic NPCLevel * DIFFICULITY MODIFIER. Very easy/easy has a modifier of 0.5, normal/hard 1.0 and very hard/survival 2.0. Numbers are not set in stone, they might be too low. But then again you should get XP again killing the NPC so then again maybe it isn't.

Enable Abduct Clone - This will make the mod spawn a new NPC from the same template as the NPC and abduct that one instead. This is useful if your target is controlled by some quest/script/package and otherwise wouldn't travel to their new home or have other undesired behavior since the clone will, hopefully, not have these attached. 

Not that the original is killed on abduction and stripped clean. This to make sure any quest scripts monitoring their status can be properly updated with them as dead and prevent duplication exploits.

Essential and protected (I think) should only be put into bleedout state so this option is also useful if you want to Abduct someone important but keep the original alive to avoid breaking stuff.

The downside is that in the case of random NPCs the clone will be randomly created too so you'll most likely end up with someone looking and wearing something different but you can always use the REROLL option to randomize them into something more to your taste. Might have to do this before assigning them to a workshop though, not sure if the workshopnpcscript "locks in" appearances.

FIX

Finally there is a small bugfix, "Summon All" will now no longer ignore dead people but will resurrect, enable and move them too.

post-1270046-0-90509500-1489795084_thumb.jpg

post-1270046-0-43530200-1489795093_thumb.jpg

post-1270046-0-15471700-1489795105_thumb.jpg

Enable Abduct Clone - This will make the mod spawn a new NPC from the same template as the NPC and abduct that one instead. This is useful if your target is controlled by some quest/script/package and otherwise wouldn't travel to their new home or have other undesired behavior since the clone will, hopefully, not have these attached. 

Not that the original is killed on abduction and stripped clean. This to make sure any quest scripts monitoring their status can be properly updated with them as dead and prevent duplication exploits.

Essential and protected (I think) should only be put into bleedout state so this option is also useful if you want to Abduct someone important but keep the original alive to avoid breaking stuff.

The downside is that in the case of random NPCs the clone will be randomly created too so you'll most likely end up with someone looking and wearing something different but you can always use the REROLL option to randomize them into something more to your taste. Might have to do this before assigning them to a workshop though, not sure if the workshopnpcscript "locks in" appearances.

Oh great!  This should really help with that fight bug too.  I was going to mention something like this because this is how that "Paradise Halls" enslavement system in Skyrim works.  It literally makes a copy of the enemy that you are enslaving.  Another good side to this method, at least in Paradise Halls, is that if you need to kill the person that you are capturing, they'll still count as "dead" by the game since you are technically capturing a clone.

Time to get back to building my POW camps and filling them with raiders! :-)

I had some trouble with NPCs getting killed before I could abduct them, but I found a workaround:

1. You’re looking at a really good slave who just happens to be dead, too bad.
  2. Save first.
  3. Press ~ (or what you need) to bring up the console.
  4. Type vs and click on the target. An ID number will appear.
  5. Hit Return.
  6. Type [iD].resurrect. Hit Return.
  7. Press ~ to exit the console
  8. You now have a living candidate for abduction standing in front of you.
  9. If the abduction rod doesn’t work, that means it’s a scripted NPC or otherwise unavailable. You can still order it around, or let it go, or just go back to your save.
  10. Don’t try this in the presence of a companion or someone else who might kill your slave.
  11. Sometimes the corpse is too mangled to resurrect in one piece, I’m told, but you can try killing and resurrecting a second time if you’re being stubborn about it.

I finally got around to enabling logging on my game. The abduction system still isn't starting.

According sqv the quest isn't enabled and isn't started. That's after I choose "Start System" from the holotape menu, exit the Pip Boy and see the "success" message.

Relevant log details follow:

[03/19/2017 - 11:21:33AM] warning: Property _MODAbductionQuest on script Abduction:AbductionControlModScript attached to  (46004A71) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/19/2017 - 11:21:43AM] error: Cannot call IsStopped() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_09() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 64
[03/19/2017 - 11:21:43AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp8"
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_09() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 64
[03/19/2017 - 11:21:44AM] error: Cannot call IsStopped() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_09() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 71
[03/19/2017 - 11:21:44AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp9"
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_09() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 71
[03/19/2017 - 11:21:44AM] error: Cannot call IsStopped() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_09() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 76
[03/19/2017 - 11:21:44AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp8"
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_09() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 76
[03/19/2017 - 11:22:52AM] warning: Property _MODAbductionQuest on script Abduction:AbductionControlModScript attached to  (46004A71) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/19/2017 - 11:22:55AM] warning: Property _MODAbductionQuest on script Abduction:AbductionControlModScript attached to  (46004A71) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/19/2017 - 11:22:55AM] error: Cannot call setStage() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_08() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 55
[03/19/2017 - 11:22:55AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
[ (46004A71)].Abduction:AbductionControlModScript.Fragment_Terminal_08() - "E:\spel\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Abduction\AbductionControlModScript.psc" Line 55

Is it imperative to update? Just finished testing abducting kids and hookers >_> and it all works fine. Other than the "Captive Children" from Orphans everything seems smooth :-D

Not really, the only bugfix was for "summon all" so if things are working fine stick with the current version absolutely.

I finally got around to enabling logging on my game. The abduction system still isn't starting.

According sqv the quest isn't enabled and isn't started. That's after I choose "Start System" from the holotape menu, exit the Pip Boy and see the "success" message.

[03/19/2017 - 11:21:33AM] warning: Property _MODAbductionQuest on script Abduction:AbductionControlModScript attached to  (46004A71) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/19/2017 - 11:21:43AM] error: Cannot call IsStopped() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[03/19/2017 - 11:21:43AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp8"

stack:

stack:

[03/19/2017 - 11:21:44AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp9"

stack:

stack:

[03/19/2017 - 11:21:44AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp8"

stack:

[03/19/2017 - 11:22:52AM] warning: Property _MODAbductionQuest on script Abduction:AbductionControlModScript attached to  (46004A71) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/19/2017 - 11:22:55AM] warning: Property _MODAbductionQuest on script Abduction:AbductionControlModScript attached to  (46004A71) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/19/2017 - 11:22:55AM] error: Cannot call setStage() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[03/19/2017 - 11:22:55AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"

stack:

I see mentions of psc files in there, are you're compiling the scripts yourself? If so the source hasn't been included in the last updates and so any versions you have lingering around won't work with newer esps.

Is it imperative to update? Just finished testing abducting kids and hookers >_> and it all works fine. Other than the "Captive Children" from Orphans everything seems smooth :-D

Not really, the only bugfix was for "summon all" so if things are working fine stick with the current version absolutely.

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

I see mentions of psc files in there, are you're compiling the scripts yourself? If so the source hasn't been included in the last updates and so any versions you have lingering around won't work with newer esps.

Roger, thank you for the quick reply :-)

I see mentions of psc files in there, are you're compiling the scripts yourself?

Nope. I don't even have a Fo4 CK installed. I'd thought that was just papyrus reporting where the error was ... but I'm a little rusty and may be talking rubbush.

If so the source hasn't been included in the last updates and so any versions you have lingering around won't work with newer esps.

I do have source files though. Probably from an earlier install. Compiled scripts too, which is probably the source of the problem since the latest one seems to have everything in a bsa file.

... aaand, that was it! Deleted all the Abduction folders and reinstalled and it works. Thanks for the help :)