Going over sexlab animation limit?

So i installed sexlab, nsap and sl animation loader and some packs and now i have 450 animations registered, Slal says the limit is 350, what will happen if i go over the limit?

Do i risk instability or to not see some animations?

Oh and does having so many animations impact the game performance and stability? I already installed crash fixes and the skse ini memory thing, i also have some female running/jumping animations.

SexLab 1.62 increased the limit to 500.

NSAP has the old number hard-coded, but it is just a text message. You can ignore it.

Max 500 human animations + 500 max creatures animations.

SexLab 1.62 increased the limit to 500.

NSAP has the old number hard-coded, but it is just a text message. You can ignore it.

Max 500 human animations + 500 max creatures animations.

Oh nice. And what about stability and performance with all those animations?

Usually when i have sexlab installed i go for short playtroughts, but now i want to play a longer game with sexlab stuff :).

Oh and those are the sexlab mod i have installed, not too much mods really:

Aroused redux

Psq succubus quest

deadly drain

amorous adventures

radiant prostitution

eager npcs

some extra voices.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about the aniation limit, i have to upgrade to FNIS XXL before i hit sexlab limit anyways. ;)

But your mods seem all pretty light, shouldn't be a problem to run all at once. Once i was told radiant prostitution is buggy, but i never had any problems even with several very script heavy mods installed.

Not sure about PSQ but afaik it's more difficult to install/configure properly than run it then, and more problematic in case of bodyshape than crashes or such.

• 8 months later...

FootIK is a constant problem even if you're well under the animation limit. One option I've found is to use the FootIK Off spell twice before hard saving.

Alternatively, just use the console command coc qasmoke at the main menu, then load your save. Sometimes, that works.

As to animations, I'm probably quite close to SL's limit but I haven't had any major issues. But, I'm only using SLEN and SLAR in common with your list though. I have no idea about any other mods, but SLEN and SLAR have so far caused no issues for me.

FootIK has caused me so many issues I ended up just getting rid of it with extreme prejudice and starting a new game. Just too much crap to deal with, troubleshoot, try to get to work. Completely not worth it.

As for the animation limits, I didn't even know there was a SL, SLAL, NSAP animation limit. The latest anim packs are huge, add some sexy movements and misc other anims on top of that and I ended up going over the limit for FNIS XXL. I had to uninstall some and it got going. 

But, with anim lists this big it takes a pretty big performance hit when starting up and occasionally problems with animations themselves (especially synch type issues) due to the delay, I guess its going through all the tags before it starts up, and yes I know I can loosen up the reqs, but then I get too many weird anims in too many places.

• 6 months later...

i did a little animation test xD

Well i tried download EVERY SLAL Animation Pack i could find to download and installing... after installing all SLAL Packs i found  incl. some Sexlab mods which also gives Animation, (i use FNIS XXL) well after running Generate FNIS for Users XXL i got:

11058 animations for 48 mods successfully included (characters)

3900 animations for 13 mods and 39 creatures successfully included..

1 Warning(s). <- i always have this and dont know what it means XD

(jap even starting new game doesnt work at all you just get a instant CTD XD)

and... 11k is a bit not very healthy for the game at all XD

and if i disable the animations i dont use i get:

7789 animations for 31 mods successfully included (characters)

1118 animations for 4 mods and 33 creatures successfully included..

1 Warning(s).

And 7k is kind of playable.... take alot to load but you dont get an instant CTD and those 7k animations are only

Spoiler

Devious Devices Assets/Integration/Expantion

Sexlab

SLAL Funnybiz Pack (kinda Essential for many mods)

FunnyBizAmp V8.0 ...
FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...
FunnyBizBound V12.0 ...
FunnyBizFC V10.0 ...
FunnyBizFemDom V1.0 ...
FunnyBizFun V12.0 ...
FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...
FunnyBizGuro V5.0 ...
FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...
FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...
FunnyBizMolag V1.0 ...
FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...
FunnyBizNecro V10.0 ...
FunnyBizRape V11.0 ...
FunnyBizUn V12.0 ...

SLAL More Nasty Critters (mostly the only Creature mod you need actually)

SexLab Defeat

Display Model (just for testings)

Ambutator (looks cool running with 1 arm only)

Mia Lair

SD+

SexLab Aroused Redux (essential for many mods)

TaraFurniturePack

XPMSE

ZaZAnimationPack (Essential for Sexlab for many mods i guess)

yes thats all what FNIS tells me

and if i deactive FunnyBiz... i get:

4415 animations for 16 mods successfully included (character).
 835 animations for 2 mods and 33 creatures successfully included..
 1 Warning(s).

Now you get a hang of it how much FunnyBiz SLAL takes on animations if you enable everything on configuration on NNM or any mod manager XD

sorry for large posting ;D XD

In your first try you don't have 11k animations, you have 14k. Depending on your FNIS version, that already might beyond the limit even for XXL. I've played with 11k animations and it was not unstable at all, the only downside is that sexlab needs quite some time from paring actors to actually start the animation.

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

In your first try you don't have 11k animations, you have 14k. Depending on your FNIS version, that already might beyond the limit even for XXL. I've played with 11k animations and it was not unstable at all, the only downside is that sexlab needs quite some time from paring actors to actually start the animation.

He HAS 11k. :) This 10k/20k limit is for character and each creature race separately. And not couning Alternate Animations.

1 hour ago, fore said:

He HAS 11k. :) This 10k/20k limit is for character and each creature race separately. And not couning Alternate Animations.

Ohhh, the limit isn't refering to the sum? I always thought so, and i believe i had problems once i've passed that sum... but it's  been a while and not like you didn't warn us that it might be unstable. ;) 

Good to know anyways. :)

1 hour ago, fore said:

Sorry to bother you, fore.
I am using 7.0 XXL and I cannot for the life of me go beyond 12000 animations in character part. The game crashes on load of save or start of a new game.
If I go below 12000, even 11900 or 11500, game loads and works normally. So I don't get it, is it 20k or is it 12k max for character?

3 hours ago, Nagib said:

Sorry to bother you, fore.
I am using 7.0 XXL and I cannot for the life of me go beyond 12000 animations in character part. The game crashes on load of save or start of a new game.
If I go below 12000, even 11900 or 11500, game loads and works normally. So I don't get it, is it 20k or is it 12k max for character?

It's not 12k, it's not 20k. It's whatever your installation of Skyrim allows for. See th FNIS FAQ ("Load CTD") for a short explanation, or hundreds of threads explaining what you can do in detail. 12k seems pretty low. You certainly have not used the available measures.

• 1 month later...

After some tweaking of my modlist and redoing FNIS i suddenly went from 11k to 7k animations with basically the same mods...

Don't know if that is the cause for others, but i wanted to share this.

It was rather strange but i still have the  animation-heavy SLAL packs for MNC and FB installed and also Anub's, Billy's, Nibble's, K4's, Leito's animations.

So maybe if you want to refresh/update your SL animations, it could be wise to deactivate/delete all old packs and redownload updated versions, check SLAL conversions ("hello MNC") and asure yourself that you do not have multiple copies of the the same animations in different frameworks.

=== 

Actually i missed that i toggled off FB... insane what amount of animations are bundled in that collection...

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, ApolloXYZ said:

But i have already installed >1100 animations. Will there be any problem ?

I'm not 100% sure but what i have noticed that when you go over the limit, SL stops showing/registering all animations and it only shows the limited number, by which end it starts showing (first or last) i don't know. Someone smarter than me can correct :D 
i recommend to try some of those mods that up the limit of animations but be very careful with slow load and start times. 
Example : https://www.loverslab.com/topic/98232-sexlab-more-animations/