NVIDIA Installer cannot continue

Darkening Demise

I recently got a EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti and after struggling with terrible wiring in my build (those who put this together sure were dumb) I cannot install the drivers. It gives me NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphics driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware.

HP Pavilion Series model no. p7-1254

Windows 10 64-bit operating system

Also not sure if the fans should be on at first or not until I install the drivers and the card is being used instead of my integrated graphics?

Sounds as tho your integrated graphics are enabled thereby over-riding your addon card. You may have to go into the bios to disable the onboard graphics. Also many cards require that you plug in separate power leads to them so you may want to see if that's required by your particular card.

Sounds as tho your integrated graphics are enabled thereby over-riding your addon card. You may have to go into the bios to disable the onboard graphics. Also many cards require that you plug in separate power leads to them so you may want to see if that's required by your particular card.

Device Manager, display adapters, AMD Radeon HD 6530D, disable?

Tried and........nope still won't install the drivers and the fan doesn't work on the 750Ti card in my case.

Still getting cannot find compatible graphics hardware.

Edit: There's nothing to connect the graphics card to anyways, just the slot to put it into on the motherboard. Still can't get it to work and getting pissed off. No one is helping at all anywhere I go, not even the official forums.

Edit 2: OK so either the card if DOA, my power supply isn't high enough/compatible?, or I need to do something about bios? IDK and about to just chuck this crap card out the window. Honestly PCs are such a hassle no wonder why many go console.

Edit 3: Since there's no help what so ever anywhere (honestly I'd have a better chance talking to a Indian guy named Steve) I'm concluding the card is dead. Gonna seek help from a uncle, if they can't help, then I'm requesting a refund. Waste of $116! Putting money towards hiring someone to build me a whole PC down the line afterwards.

Uhm... PCs are actually pretty easy to assemble. >.<

I don't know where you brought it to have the new graphics card installed, but these guys should know if your power supply was good enough for it or not, they should too know how to set everything up in BIOS if required, and they should at last check if the card works as intended/install the drivers. Seems to be a place with very incompetent people. *coughes* 

Then, you're using a premade setup, and as there are a lot of choices on the CPU and stuff, while you didn't provide additional info on what components you actually have, I can't say much about the overall power usage. But most of these premade systems come with just enough power to run them. Throwing in a graphics card that needs more power than the integrated one (which is still using power in your case) might result in the need for a new power supply but as said before, the people who put it together should have checked that and should have known. Otherwise I'd really ask them how they got their job. 

I don't know which BIOS you're running either, which version and how up-to-date it is, and I'm too lazy to do the research now. 

An advice for buying your next comp: instead of buying complete setups in any store, you may want to find an onlineshop that lets you configure all the hardware you want before buying - they usually have a warning if you go too far for your chosen power supply and offer to choose a more powerful one. (You wouldn't be able to order it if you didn't anyway) Every noob can do it, plus you can ask others about your setup if you're not sure. They're often quite cheap, compared to systems of apple/dell/alienware or other well known companies while they offer the same hardware. 

Just some final thoughts:

1. As you mention the device manager, does it even show your nVidia card? 

2. If I look at the possible setups of your machine, it says they can have an AMD Aö-sries processor. Are you by any means using an APU?

3. There are some programs out there, that can show the temperature of your system's components, they usually show the voltage used by these components. You could use one of them to see, if your 2nd graphics card does have any power at all - or how much power it has and check the technical data page of your card to see how much power it SHOULD have, if you don't know how to use/access your BIOS to see if that is your problem or not. 

I gave you the PC model no. so you can look it up for the specs. Here's a link to HP: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03135882

The card is not even in the device manager just my integrated graphics. I tried to disable the integrated graphics in device manager, still didn't find the 750Ti and the fan is not working. I think the card is DOA. That or my mobo is too dated (there's no updates available for my model on the HP site using Windows 10). Or even my PSU is too junky for it to work with the card (though I have PSU 300W). That or it could be all three.

I already googled your model-no. yesterday, and it says that there are several CPUs to choose from, and stuff like that, and the majority of them are APUs, which basically are merged CPUs and GPUs. 

Just go to Your Windows' control panel, open System and have a look at what it says for processor. :P 

The link you provided isn't for HP, but for a 500W power supply. 

A 300W PSU sounds a little weak though, especially if you have a graphics card that needs extra power, and most if not all newer cards do that. 

Ah an APU. (Although I could have guessed that.English is not my native language but google helped. So that's the 'integrated' graphics thingy.) 

Anyway. Wouldn't a fitting Radon card have been a better choice as it can run alongside your APU instead of using either your APU for graphics OR the dedicated card? (Although not all Radeon models support dual graphics)

But well - do you have a friend who has a more powerful PSU to check if your graphics card is broken or not? 

Otherwise I'd suggest that you get a 500W PSU none the less. 300W is really a bit short. I couldn't run my system on 300W without having to remove my graphics card. :D 

Why the drivers can't be installed should be obvious by now: There is no card that can be found, either due to the lack of energy, or because it is broken. 

If you made sure that you have enough power and the nVidia card is okay it should be in the device manager, and you should be able to install the drivers and disable the integrated graphics in the device manager afterwards. Normally that should do the job. If not you will have to got to your bios and disable the integrated graphics there for good. :) 

I still wonder why the guys that put the nVidia card in didn't check anything. 

If your PSU lacks the power to run the graphics card, your comp will automatically use the integrated graphics and no power at all will be given to the dedicated card, that's why the fans are not moving at all, and why it is not shown in your device manager. Not enough power = will be ignored, otherwise your comp wouldn't have the power needed to boot anymore. 

I'm pretty sure it's the PSU. Systems that are sold as-is mostly come with a PSU just strong enough to run them, as they're not really meant for customization by their users. 

EDIT: Just forgot: The PSU you posted should be fine. Just make sure that it fits into your tower. 

On most of the new NVidia cards fans do not spin until it's reached a certain temperature. That might be the case with your card.

I can think of several possibilities why the new card isn't detected (from most likely to least likely):

1. It's not seated properly.

2. The card is dead. (Test the card on another PC to make sure it's indeed dead)

3. The PCI-E slot is dead. (Test the slot with another cheap graphics card)

4. Not enough power. (Try another PSU with higher wattage)

4 is unlikely though, because these cards do not need/draw too much power unless you run a 3D application (e.g. game) and I'm pretty sure these systems are designed to support several PCI-E add-in cards that don't need too much power.

BTW, wouldn't it be a better idea to buy an AMD graphics card instead of NVidia? I've heard somewhere that you can use both AMD GPUs by enabling some driver setting.

My PC is a pre-built from Best Buy several years ago from my father as a 18th birthday present. I cannot afford to build a PC and I need a real graphics card to play games seeing how requirements hardly ever list AMD parts (at least graphics most of the time) I decided to go with NVIDIA so down the line if I can afford the other parts one day I'll at least have some of it already and can spend less money in the future to build a decent rig for little over $300 after I get this card and PSU. I'll just put my HDD and RAM into the new case to save even more money. I have no other cards, or PCs to test things with. If I had money for another card I could just started building a new PC from scratch seeing how this 750Ti was $116.

I've already mentioned that an AMD graphics card would have been a better choise IF he got the right model that is. Not ALL AMD/Radon cards do support dual graphics to run alongside the APU instead of either or. 

@Darkening Demise: Where do you live that they send graphics cards per mail? :o Hopefully good protected and stuff. 

Nice of your father btw. 

If the card doesn't work on a 500W PSU I'd really question that thing, but you probably shouldn't think of the worst. And even if you would have to get refund/replace it because it was broken, you would have had to buy a stronger PSU anyway. I mean seriously, 300W is nothing for a decent gaming computer. 

Installed the new PSU, was a bitch, and put the card in. Still cannot continue with installation and the device manager doesn't show anything under display adapter except my integrated graphics. What a waste of $180 this has been, gonna try to calm down before I take the whole PC outback and smash it with a sludge hammer.

post-245711-0-50417500-1470083236_thumb.png

The installer can't continue because there is no device it could install drivers for. :( 

Well why a waste? Can't you get refund? I mean... it's obviously not your fault that it doesn't work, no? 

The PSU has enough power to run it. 

Too bad I already got rid of my 'old' card. :(

But just before you throw everything out of the window: Have a look at your BIOS first, if your PC boots up it should show the keys for the several menus and options you can open prior to your windows booting, if you hit the pause button it will stay for you to have a closer look if it goes too fast, it should show the key or key combination to access BIOS if you don'T know them.

Maybe, just MAYBE external slots are deactivated for some creepy reason (or because the PSU didn't have enough power anyway)  

If not, well... then I'd kill the guy that sold the graphics card to you, or force him to prove that it is working, or else exchange it for a working one, and if that one doesn't work... well... use your imagination. ;)

Nope, you can only access BIOS when your PC boots. 

Usually the key to access BIOS is F2, some versions of BIOS use 'del', and there seem to be some strange combinations out there too, though I've never came across them. 

So if you're not fast enough to hit 'pause', you can try holding F2 during booting, or if that doesn't work reboot and holding del key. (the lower left key on the block of 6 keys above your cursor keys on your keyboard) 

As these are the most comon keys, one of them should grant you access to your BIOS. 

Oh well if you really don't know what to do with it, or where to go from there, and if you happen to have a smartphone nearby, just make photos of the various options you have in your BIOS and zip them or pack them in a rar file and attach that to your post. I'll try to have a look at it then. (Dunno which version of BIOS you're running anyway)

From what I understand, your motherboard is supposedly capable of disabling the integrated graphics automatically when it detects a graphics card. If it doesn't do that, then either the card is not properly seated or it's dead. Assuming it is seated properly, if the card doesn't get warm and/or the fan never starts spinning, then it probably is dead.

To enter BIOS keep pressing F10 (before seeing the Windows logo at boot).

Edit: Wait, you took a screenshot, obviously using the integrated graphics. Does that mean you did not connect the new card to your monitor? Plug the monitor cable into the graphics card, instead of your motherboard.

All right, as I'm going to bed for now, I'll just leave a guide here.

If you happen to make it into BIOS, check this out: 

Step 1

Open the BIOS menu. Pressing the “F2” or the “Del” key during computer startup usually takes you to the BIOS menu.

Step 2

Select the “Advanced” tab using the left/right arrow keys

Step 3

Select the “Video Configuration” option using the "Up/Down" arrow keys. Certain motherboard models list this option as “First Display Device” or “Primary Display Adapter."

Step 4

Select the “PCI-Express Graphics" option and press “Enter.”

Step 5

Press "F10" to save the new settings. (Or ESC and Y) You can now use the PCI Express card slot to install a PCIe video card.

If this doesn't apply to your BIOS, or if the options are already set up that way, the last thing you could try is installing the card on another PCIe slot if you have any more. If it still doesn't work, then I'd return the card and ask for a refund or an exchange. 

For any further advice you'll have to wait for someone else or at least 6 hours form now. *yawns*

There's no way to do what you said due to the fast start up. I tried holding F2 while turning on my PC and it did some diagnostic test or whatever and asked me to press R to reboot. Delete key does nothing. The new card was put into the slot today and nothing still. I honestly don't know what to do at this point other than chuck the card in the trash and stop bothering with computers. This crap is getting beyond irritating. I rather hear nails on a chalkboard while listening to Justin Bieber. -_-

Display Adapters has only my integrated graphics shown, the fan is not working on the card, and is not detected what so ever.

My motherboard from HP site.

c02985974.jpg

The graphics card.

14-487-025-16.jpg

There's no way to do what you said due to the fast start up. I tried holding F2 while turning on my PC and it did some diagnostic test or whatever and asked me to press R to reboot. Delete key does nothing.

Sounds like you didn't read my previous post. Make sure your monitor is connected to your new graphics card! Before you turn on the PC make sure the card is seated properly.

If the card doesn't get warm after a while then there are two possible reasons:

1. It's not seated properly and therefore can't get any power from the motherboard.

2. Either the card is dead or the PCI-E slot isn't working.

If it gets warm but there's no signal on the monitor, then the card is dead.

F10 is the key you should be pressing during boot to enter BIOS setup on HP PCs and laptops. If the OS starts too quickly then detach the data and power cable from the harddrive and try again.

BTW, did you connect the new PSU properly? Did you attach the 4-pin power connector (located at the SW of the CPU) to your motherboard?

The PSU is connect to everything.

The card does not get warm.

The card does not offer display after waiting for 5 minutes.

There is no options as described from the other guy on the screen when pressing F10 at start up (of which I had to hold while turning on my PC due to fast startup).

I then gave the card to my brother who had the card work right away upon turning on his PC.

He gave me his 720 1GB to try and it did not work on my PC either.

Now I'm out $116+ fees for the return of the first which no doubt actually worked at the time and now the second one as he wants to get a better card himself. So FUCKING YIPPIE SKIPPIE DEE DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>.<

So my PC is just a pile of pre-built shit. I'll have to forever deal with this crap hole integrated graphics that offers not even 500MB VRAM. Especially since I can't find no job to make any fucking money because Murica! Fuck yeah-no!

Thanks for trying to help but this was a waste of money and time. At least I got 500W PSU now and working instead of 300W (shockingly)!

Archived