Would this laptop be able to run skyrim fairly well?

Saric92

Laptops will never match decked out desktops, of course, but you should have no problems with that rig.

Of course. I however need something a bit more mobile than a desktop otherwise I would've gone ahead and built one :)

Laptops will never match decked out desktops, of course, but you should have no problems with that rig.

Of course. I however need something a bit more mobile than a desktop otherwise I would've gone ahead and built one :)
I understand. :)

The one you linked should be able to handle pretty much anything skyrim can throw

My laptop has a GTX 860M, 16GB ram/4GB vram and I can run the game in Ultra with highly tweaked Skyrim INI, Verdant Grasses, parallax ground textures and a mod that I use to spawn 10 followers at populated locations or enemy battles.  Throw in a performance ENB and the FPS is reasonable (average = 45), but Quality or Extreme ENBs will drop the FPS (average = 15), playable, but not buttery smooth.

Since you are set on getting a gaming laptop, your next important investment (emphasis on important) is a cooling mat or a portable fan or both.

My laptop has a GTX 860M, 16GB ram/4GB vram and I can run the game in Ultra with highly tweaked Skyrim INI, Verdant Grasses, parallax ground textures and a mod that I use to spawn 10 followers at populated locations or enemy battles.  Throw in a performance ENB and the FPS is reasonable (average = 45), but Quality or Extreme ENBs will drop the FPS (average = 15), playable, but not buttery smooth.

Since you are set on getting a gaming laptop, your next important investment (emphasis on important) is a cooling mat or a portable fan or both.

I have a portable fan stand, but if I'm spending this much on a gaming laptop I might as well get something a bit better down the line :)

Archived