Anyone else stick to one play style?

Lately any time I start a game I pretty much go light armor with stealth. I just can't stick to the play through unless I do nowadays since I just like the Dark Brotherhood. I try to do things different even though I like how heavy armor looks I just can't stick with it in the long run. Anyone else that way?

I'm the opposite. I've favored being a tank warrior since I first picked up a controller. The Companions/Warriors have always been my favorite guild too and as much as I'd like to switch up my play style I'll always end up being a two-handed warrior. There's probably a psychological reason behind it honestly.

i've tried several styles, highest i got as warrior was lvl 22, mage didn't make it past 5, I tend to go bow/one handed combo, bow when i can get away with it using stealth, one handed sword and spell in the other hand (usually healing or candlelight) when my cover is blown.

I've tried, REALLY tried not to go with my usual stealthy bow-sniper play style. It's just too fun to avoid. I did the tanky, run in screaming, swinging a weapon taller than myself thing on my first playthrough and it was... OK. It got pretty overwhelming in places like Dustman's Cairn where you get bombarded by waves of draugr. The worst part of it, though, was that it was a little repetitive. Likewise, playing mage, especially without magic overhauls, is pretty much suicidal.

Nowadays I usually mix it up, wearing a mix of light and heavy armor (more skill points, yo), stealthing and sniping to start, then rushing in spellsword style using a one hander and off handing some kind of magic.

I am the same way and love playing the archer. Bosmer is my favorite race after all. As for stealth that is kind of secondary when it comes to being an archer. I love playing mage though. My least favorite is probably warrior/tank/berserker. I have done them all but to really mix things up I like to go battle mage or sneaky warrior. Yes It can be done.

I always go pure mage, in ANY game that gives me the opportunity, in skyrim I always role play a badass mage that discovered the secret of immortality.

The reason for always choosing this play style is rather than making my character hold a weapon, I like the idea of him being the weapon himself, a walking cataclysm !

Archived