bought children's bedroom, still cannot adopt

Wolborg

After I bought a children's bedroom and went to my house, I saw that there was indeed a new room with a bed (owned). Adopt, however, I still couldn't. I searched the online discussions and saw it written in half a dozen different places that a mere children's bedroom isn't enough – it has to contain two beds and two chests before you can adopt. What nobody bothered to explain, though, was where am I supposed to get them. Proventus sells children's bedrooms, he doesn't sell beds and chests, and neither does anyone else I know.

"Whiterun Home Decorating Guide" says that the children's bedroom comes with two beds and chests. Well, it doesn't.

What am I supposed to do in order to get my children's bedroom to meet the adoption requirements?

did you also buy the alchemical table?

No, I did not. This whole house buying thing is new to me, so I thought I would start with the children's bedroom and see what happens. I haven't bought anything else yet. Besides, I read that the children's bedroom is supposed to replace the alchemy lab. I don't need an alchemy lab in my house because I can do alchemy in the castle.

The non-Hearthfire homes should come with all the furnishings, you can't make them for those homes. The Hearthfire homes you have to have the Bedroom built, beds and chests to send children there. The ID codes for the different rooms (entire rooms) are on this page for Breezehome: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Breezehome and there are some instructions on how to fix bugged rooms in the bugs section. Try disabling the children's room and enabling it again.

After I bought a children's bedroom and went to my house, I saw that there was indeed a new room with a bed (owned). Adopt, however, I still couldn't. I searched the online discussions and saw it written in half a dozen different places that a mere children's bedroom isn't enough – it has to contain two beds and two chests before you can adopt. What nobody bothered to explain, though, was where am I supposed to get them. Proventus sells children's bedrooms, he doesn't sell beds and chests, and neither does anyone else I know.

"Whiterun Home Decorating Guide" says that the children's bedroom comes with two beds and chests. Well, it doesn't.

What am I supposed to do in order to get my children's bedroom to meet the adoption requirements?

We're making a bunch of probably safe assumptions, but we might want to spell everything out to avoid confusion.

First, at least some of what you're reading online about needing a bed and chest might be for modders making player housing. Needing two beds would only apply to the Hearthfire DLC houses, as the main city houses do not give you the choice (besides kids or alchemy).

Since you mention Proventus, you're working with Breezehome?

Which child are you trying to adopt? Have you tried any other kids? Which dialog options do you get, and do you get anything about adoption, but it fails?

If you're trying to adopt from the orphanage, have you killed Grelod yet? Spoken to Astrid? Aventus?

Since you mention Proventus, you're working with Breezehome?

Yes.

Which child are you trying to adopt? Have you tried any other kids? Which dialog options do you get, and do you get anything about adoption, but it fails?

Lucia. I haven't tried any others yet. I get the usual dialogue: "I could adopt you if you want" - "Do you have a place where I could live?" - "No, I don't" - "Oh well, thanks anyway, I suppose".

1. you have DLC Hearthfire

Yes, I do.

2.problem from game base  lucia bug(need wait 1-2 day in game)

Thanks. I'll wait and try again.

3.if you have mod editing npc (children)   some mod can't adopt

I have, actually. Maybe that's the problem.

Killable and Lootable Children

Killable and Lootable Children TK patch

New Children

TK Children

USKP Patch for TK Children

Now I get it. The room in my house is not Child's Bedroom. It is Housecarl's Quarters. I didn't know that it comes with the Thane of Whiterun's title, therefore I mistook it for the Child's Bedroom which I had bought. Apparently, I have paid for Child's Bedroom (twice, actually) and it hasn't appeared.

I just noticed that I don't have the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch. Maybe that's the reason.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. Looks like I have some research and experimenting to do.

Archived