ECE-faces are hard.

so i have been trying to recreate something similar to this photo i found but everything i try to do fails. i figure since i have spent 2 days on this now and cant figure it out, its time to ask for help.

15039023860_8bb6eddf23_o.png

everything i get looks nowhere near this, is there like something im missing like a mod or something? or can someone do it for me? any help would be much appreciated.  

I could be wrong since I don't use ECE, but does it have a wire frame customization like Racemenu does? If it doesn't I would recommend swapping over to Racemenu as the wire frame can give you dramatic face customization and alterations to your hearts content. I know there are people in the community that have exceptional experience practicing with this and have created masterpiece characters. First person that comes to mind is Yui0820. You could try asking him/her for some advice or others around the community. 

Guest endgameaddiction

I will always say ECE is far better for faces than RM, but I use RM because of the extra features, and more updates. Shame ECE rarely gets updated. And that it doesn't provide the same features as RM, otherwise I would definitely go back.

The last time I looked at RM was when they said they added all the sliders that were in ECE. Half of the extra sliders were not there and the ones that were added were tossed on to a menu at the end. Since I only use the sliders to make faces the rest or RM's features were not enough for me to switch.

This is actually two questions.  One, using other people's ECE presets are hard.  Two, using ECE to create faces are hard.

1. Using other people's ECE preset.  I found RM to be much better in replicating the original author's face, mainly due to its native mesh import-export function.  ECE preset is very tricky to replicate across machines.  So the answer is yes that "ECE-faces are hard" - to replicate.

2. Using ECE to create faces.  The answer to that totally depends on whom do you ask.  There are face-fu masters from either camp.  It's not the tool that matters it's the skill of the person wielding it.

The last time I looked at RM was when they said they added all the sliders that were in ECE. Half of the extra sliders were not there and the ones that were added were tossed on to a menu at the end. Since I only use the sliders to make faces the rest or RM's features were not enough for me to switch.

I ended up making the switch during RM3. I believe almost all sliders were carried over, but they do remain poorly organized and tacked on. The names are often also not the same so it took some time for me to do the matching.

Even then though, you can't recreate your ECE face 100% as there is no face/head morph that matches the ECE head. Even copying over the ECE head nif didn't help.

While I'm mostly happy with RM3, I do still think the ECE head morph is superior as it has less rough edges. For RM, at certain angles there are sharp edges around the cheek area that I can't seem to fix. I also really miss ECE's history feature to allow quick comparisons. In the end I switched mainly because RM was what other mods were supporting.

I do it the hard way: have to recreate some parts of the ygNord race by moving files, including the sliders and .tri files, over to a Custom Races directory. This way it makes the business of using Adorable Face a lot easier.

so i have been trying to recreate something similar to this photo i found but everything i try to do fails. i figure since i have spent 2 days on this now and cant figure it out, its time to ask for help.

everything i get looks nowhere near this, is there like something im missing like a mod or something? or can someone do it for me? any help would be much appreciated.  

Since this is one of my old characters I can tell you atleast what I did. I sat there for hours upon hours tweaking vertices upon vertices in ECE's morph menu.

You would theoretically only need a few things to get you started:

1. RANs HeadMesh Variants (I think it was type-C but don't quote me on that)

2. The Ningheim Race

3. Some basic texture editing skills (well not necessarily but it helps with creating unique-looking characters)

4. One of the many great skin textures

5. A good ENB (the one in the screenshot is a tweaked version of Insomnia)

6. Time & practice...

7. Lots of it. I started with Skyrim right at it's release but it wasn't until 2013 that I managed to create my first character who didn't look like a freaking car accident...TWO GODDAMN YEARS. TWO. YEARS. *cries*

With the tools available nowadays it probably won't take anyone that long but it basically boils down to your willingness to waste countless hours in a menu tweaking sliders, there isn't really an "easy shortcut".

You can however download one of the already decent looking ECE/CME presets from the Nexus, use it as a starting point and work your way from there so you atleast won't have to start with one of the hideous vanilla presets.

Lighting, enb. Looks like adorable face and head msn from pretty face with fair skin texture.

Actually it's a mix between SG Textures Renewal and an old version of Real Girls with SG normal maps.

Since this is one of my old characters I can tell you atleast what I did. I sat there for hours upon hours tweaking vertices upon vertices in ECE's morph menu.

You would theoretically only need a few things to get you started:

1. RANs HeadMesh Variants (I think it was type-C but don't quote me on that)

2. The Ningheim Race

3. Some basic texture editing skills (well not necessarily but it helps with creating unique-looking characters)

4. One of the many great skin textures

5. A good ENB (the one in the screenshot is a tweaked version of Insomnia)

6. Time & practice...

7. Lots of it. I started with Skyrim right at it's release but it wasn't until 2013 that I managed to create my first character who didn't look like a freaking car accident...TWO GODDAMN YEARS. TWO. YEARS. *cries*

With the tools available nowadays it probably won't take anyone that long but it basically boils down to your willingness to waste countless hours in a menu tweaking sliders.

Lighting, enb. Looks like adorable face and head msn from pretty face with fair skin texture.

Actually it's a mix between SG Textures Renewal and an old version of Real Girls with SG normal maps.

tanks everyone for the replys, i have been messing with a YgNord face for about 2 weeks now and im getting there, almost got something i can be proud of. the only thing im missing is is a enb/graphic mods, since my GPU is not the best its only a 7770 1Gb gddr5 card. dont want to bog it down to much and kill it lol.

-Edit- 

you wouldn't happen to remember what hair that is would you?

i have like over 800 hairs but none of them are like that

tanks everyone for the replys, i have been messing with a YgNord face for about 2 weeks now and im getting there, almost got something i can be proud of. the only thing im missing is is a enb/graphic mods, since my GPU is not the best its only a 7770 1Gb gddr5 card. dont want to bog it down to much and kill it lol.

Glad to hear you had some success, definitely faster than I was^^

Probably for the better to not overload your game with only 1gb vram or you might get some ugly, black, untextured meshes. I use my ENB only for screenshots since it's demanding as fuck and my HD 7950 can't even keep my game above 35 fps with it on while moving.

Glad to hear you had some success, definitely faster than I was^^

Probably for the better to not overload your game with only 1gb vram or you might get some ugly, black, untextured meshes. I use my ENB only for screenshots since it's demanding as fuck and my HD 7950 can't even keep my game above 35 fps with it on while moving.

I use this Purity no need for ENB plus you get alot of FPS back.

Using ENB only for the fixes.

Archived