Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error!

So, lately I've been grappling with the problem of getting these runtime errors that I used to never get before my new playthrough.

I get these errors about 25% of the time I want to initialize a SexLab scene, through any mod. I'm using the latest stable version of SexLab.

post-48180-0-87855400-1464577841_thumb.jpg

I've uninstalled all previous versions of visual C++, and installed the new Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) and the (x86) versions. I know they work fine, since I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 for some C++ programming.

post-48180-0-72040700-1464577878_thumb.jpg

I still get these errors very often, and it gets quite annoying expecting some sexy scene only to be met with instant error msg and CTD.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I can only say what is my experience. there is no solution for that problem for SL 1.61b so far except rerunning MV C++  programs when it happens. You might try install "Crash fix" program that reduces this happening.

I can only say what is my experience. there is no solution for that problem for SL 1.61b so far except rerunning MV C++  programs when it happens. You might try install "Crash fix" program that reduces this happening.

I do have Crash Fix installed, I haven't changed anything in the ini, however. It's stock.

Should I try using the UseOSAllocators tweak?

I did all tweaks as the author of the mod suggested. And it really helped my game to have much less crashing and very rare MV C++ error messages. I would say, go and try.. if it doesn't help, you can always revert to previous state.

One of the reasons

problem from dlc dawnguard

Quest

Impatience of a Saint is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. It can be accepted while in the Soul Cairn from a soul named Jiub, who can be found approximately east-southeast from Valerica's location, among a grove of dead trees along a path.

just do this.  Return to the Soul Cairn then open the console and type setstage DLC1VQSaint 200. This completes the quest and resolves the crashing issues

or use this one is better
type in console :
setstage dlc1vqsaint 20
setstage dlc1vqsaint 30
setstage dlc1vqsaint 200

credit all of modder    who can find this problem and fix

so sorry for my english :(

One of the reasons

problem from dlc dawnguard

Quest

Impatience of a Saint is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. It can be accepted while in the Soul Cairn from a soul named Jiub, who can be found approximately east-southeast from Valerica's location, among a grove of dead trees along a path.

just do this.  Return to the Soul Cairn then open the console and type setstage DLC1VQSaint 200. This completes the quest and resolves the crashing issues

or use this one is better

type in console :

setstage dlc1vqsaint 20

setstage dlc1vqsaint 30

setstage dlc1vqsaint 200

credit all of modder    who can find this problem and fix

so sorry for my english :(

I haven't even started Dawnguard or even been to the Soul Cairn yet.

I know that Jiub's quest is super buggy on saves, should I just force it through console anyways?

I haven't even started Dawnguard or even been to the Soul Cairn yet.

I know that Jiub's quest is super buggy on saves, should I just force it through console anyways?

my friend, i wouldn't recommend forcing quest finishing using console commands. It goes wrong in 99% especially Dawnguard DCL. if you can, avoid it. Believe me.

I've seen quite a lot of threads trying to address this problem, the lastest being by h38fh2mf http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/

which i've installed and not had any problems but i've only had it installed a little while

The Juib quest problem is meant to be fixed in the unoffical patches btw

I agree with Elf Prince.

There are a lot of documentation in many posts about Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error. If you like reading you will find a lot. After 2 years searching for answers I haven't found anything to really solve the problem.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/892485-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error/

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729&start=380 also mentioned in posted : 25Feb14 07.23 by Keithinanoi *

one of the oldest pages. A bit of summary "although the following below cases may resolve temporally the problem, they don't fix it permanent".

1. "Impatience of a Saint" as CrazyCow mentioned could solve the problem temporally (no need to force it via console, just do it as soon you visit Soul Cairn at least it could help).

2. Repair vcredist x86 either un-install + reinstall (path: steam/steamApps/common/skyrim/VCRedist)  also temporally fix it

(There is an opinion in the 9th post of the above link which is not necessary to have it as the game plays without it, That I can confirm it as my last play-through tests was done without vcredist installed although again it didn't fix the problem temporally.

3. Some suggest playing Skyrim in windowed mod haven't seen the problem, I have never tested it as I can't imagine playing Skyrim in window mod.

4. Some indicate Hearthfire causing the problem or Dragonborn e.t.c. as anyone can see there are a lot of opinions.

5. Some indicate to change vcredist x86 2010 to another version ex. 2013.

Resuming I haven't found a permanent solution. The only observation that I have seen many times is that when more than 1 scripted animations is trying to load then the "visual error c++" pop up. Example Having SLEN and Dangerous nights when you wake up is like both mods are contest which will load first the animations resulting in some cases to pop the error. Also sometimes if you try to load a sex animations in a row it pops up again but I don't believe that this is the problem because the error pops up also in other situations. So If you repair vcredist it fix the problem for a time.

Hope it helped a bit.

p.s * "With a bit of research you will find that the pure virtual function calls seem to happen due to poor C++ programming - by using a pointer to a previously deleted object or freed memory. Troubleshooting it in Skyrim will be next to impossible because you have to use a debugger, and to do that you need some very important information about how Skyrim was programmed in C++,  called symbols to properly debug it. That's nearly the same as having the source code, and of course that would never be shared publicly.   <-- by Keithinanoi

I agree with Elf Prince.

There are a lot of documentation in many posts about Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error. If you like reading you will find a lot. After 2 years searching for answers I haven't found anything to really solve the problem.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/892485-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error/

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729&start=380 also mentioned in posted : 25Feb14 07.23 by Keithinanoi *

one of the oldest pages. A bit of summary "although the following below cases may resolve temporally the problem, they don't fix it permanent".

1. "Impatience of a Saint" as CrazyCow mentioned could solve the problem temporally (no need to force it via console, just do it as soon you visit Soul Cairn at least it could help).

2. Repair vcredist x86 either un-install + reinstall (path: steam/steamApps/common/skyrim/VCRedist)  also temporally fix it

(There is an opinion in the 9th post of the above link which is not necessary to have it as the game plays without it, That I can confirm it as my last play-through tests was done without vcredist installed although again it didn't fix the problem temporally.

3. Some suggest playing Skyrim in windowed mod haven't seen the problem, I have never tested it as I can't imagine playing Skyrim in window mod.

4. Some indicate Hearthfire causing the problem or Dragonborn e.t.c. as anyone can see there are a lot of opinions.

Resuming I haven't found a permanent solution. The only observation that I have seen many times is that when more than 1 scripted animations is trying to load then the "visual error c++" pop up. Example Having SLEN and Dangerous nights when you wake up is like both mods are contest which will load first the animations resulting in some cases to pop the error. Also sometimes if you try to load a sex animations in a row it pops up again but I don't believe that this is the problem because the error pops up also in other situations. So If you repair vcredist it fix the problem for a time.

Hope it helped a bit.

p.s * "With a bit of research you will find that the pure virtual function calls seem to happen due to poor C++ programming - by using a pointer to a previously deleted object or freed memory. Troubleshooting it in Skyrim will be next to impossible because you have to use a debugger, and to do that you need some very important information about how Skyrim was programmed in C++,  called symbols to properly debug it. That's nearly the same as having the source code, and of course that would never be shared publicly.   <-- by Keithinanoi

I think we can agree that Skyrim's programming isn't the best. :D

I don't get this error during regular gameplay though, it only happens when I call SexLab scenes. I'll just have to cut back on my sexy times D: or use OSEX in the meantime for it.

What part of the problem might be is that Skyrim expects a specific version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, I use the 10.0.30319 version, both x64 and 32 bit, but at the same time I have every version since 2005 up till 2015 installed and rarely have those crashes, but they WILL happen regardless.

I agree with Elf Prince.

Hope it helped a bit.

I think we can agree that Skyrim's programming isn't the best. :D

I don't get this error during regular gameplay though, it only happens when I call SexLab scenes. I'll just have to cut back on my sexy times D: or use OSEX in the meantime for it.

Same report here, only trigger before or after a sexlab scene.

Btw if i just complete the quest normally will it fix this issue or do i HAVE to do console command ?

The quest best would be to complete it as soon you are in Soul Cairn that would get it away from the problem .. but ... the main problem may pop up again. So if you play using the vcredist try the repair option or the re-install it will also help. 

*crossing fingers :)

Archived