Motion sickness and Fallout 4

I get motion sickness from fallout4, i get motion sickness from reading in a car or a train, or using headtracking in simulators.

But this is the first firstpersonshooter that gives me motionsickness. I play 5min and i know what is coming.

Anyone got any idea what is different in fallout4 compared to other fps?

I can play older fallouts, Skyrim, Bioshocks, Ark or Battlefield hours and hours and nothing but with fallout4, nope.

Guest endgameaddiction

Yeah, no shaders and bad graphics. That alone makes me want to vomit. Especially the system requirements for it.

On a serious note: No idea.

Have you tried disabling motion blur? Not sure if/why it'd help but it might be worth a try. In Fallout4.ini, find [imageSpace] and underneath that header, add bDoRadialBlur=0, or set it to 0 if it's already there

yeah, i have tried a lot of things and tweaks i found with google but very little luck. Drugs work best but i dont want to spend my free time on being drowsy on pills. There are alot of other entertaining games to waste time with.

I just wanted to throw this out here so if somebody discovers something major about graphics that could help, links and such would be welcome.

Use the default setup that Nvidia has (I got it at first) then sit a bit further away as well from the screen. Take breaks and you can build your tollerance to the game. Not sure besides the setup and a few mods (mostly eye mods not much on texture and not an ENB eitehr) fixed it except my playing short peroids and getting use to it. It does help if you have a very nice 60fps as well. Might have some mircotudder or other issues as wlel.

I'm very prone to motion sickness, as the vestibular (balance) organs in my left ear

were destroyed by an ear infection and subsequent cleanup surgery. I have not had

any problems with dizziness or nausea with FO4, aside from the first time I played

it when I was high from ingesting cannabis. I will say that a low framerate in any game

can make me nauseous, in fact I started to feel nauseous after watching part of an

anime with typical Japanese cheap-ass 15 FPS framerate. The 3rd person cam for FO4

is really horrible, and I could see that aggravating the problem if you use it.

I play a lot of FPS [battlefield / CS etc] and never had motion sickness until this game. I use an Nvidia card and changed some settings on the '3D settings' using control panel.

Select Fallout 4 and on the drop downs, change:

'Antialiasing - FXAA' to 'On'

'Antialiasing - Mode' to 'Enhance the app setting'

'Antialiasing - Setting' to '4x'

Granted, the graphics will look a bit washed out but it helped me with this issue.

Typically, the human brain will adapt to whatever is causing the motion sickness.

The first time I played Half Life 2 I got nauseous after half an hour. My tolerance

gradually increased over time, until I didn't get nauseous no matter how long I played

it. I will say that swinging the camera wildly around will aggravate things. I can't

watch another person playing a game either.

FO4 gave me motion sickness when I started out.  I just soldiered through it.  Before, I couldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time but now I can do marathons.  

Suggestions are higher FOV (90-100) and turning down the mouse scroll speed.

FO4 gave me motion sickness when I started out.  I just soldiered through it.  Before, I couldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time but now I can do marathons.  

Suggestions are higher FOV (90-100) and turning down the mouse scroll speed.

yes. that is pretty much what I did and I did hear changing the FOV helps as well

If you don't mind 3rd person view (3pv), try to use it more. There doesn't seem to be nauseating head-bobbing in first person view (fpv), but a held weapon does flop around lots (tons) when in 1st person view. That simulated bobbing of weapons etc, can sometimes make things worse. 

I use 3pv for traveling and exploring (wider FoV by default ) -- camera only needs to be just over the shoulder. Then switch fpv for shooting stuff. A mod that drops you from 3pv into fpv when aiming is also a great way to get the first person shooter feel, without all the extra simulated swaying of stuff on screen. Also, focusing ahead on a fixed point, and moving very deliberately, point to point, like a tactical combat shooter, don't play it like a first-person-shooter. Survival mode will help slow you down.  Personally, 3rd person view has always solved motion sickness for me. 

I like the cannabis idea as well. 

If you don't mind 3rd person view (3pv), try to use it more. There doesn't seem to be nauseating head-bobbing in first person view (fpv), but a held weapon does flop around lots (tons) when in 1st person view. That simulated bobbing of weapons etc, can sometimes make things worse. 

I use 3pv for traveling and exploring (wider FoV by default ) -- camera only needs to be just over the shoulder. Then switch fpv for shooting stuff. A mod that drops you from 3pv into fpv when aiming is also a great way to get the first person shooter feel, without all the extra simulated swaying of stuff on screen. Also, focusing ahead on a fixed point, and moving very deliberately, point to point, like a tactical combat shooter, don't play it like a first-person-shooter. Survival mode will help slow you down.  Personally, 3rd person view has always solved motion sickness for me. 

I like the cannabis idea as well. 

Any excuse to use cannabis is a good excuse  :lol:  It was actually the first time I ever used it, and it took

about 4 hours to kick in. I consumed way too much and was getting mild hallucinations, dizziness and

a horrible case of dry mouth. So I was sitting there playing FO4 and thinking the camera was acting

kind of weird, and eventually realized I was extremely stoned and had to go lie down. My brain was playing

a rapid slideshow of images, and I finally got control of it by focusing on my favorite Fallout NV player

character, appropriately enough; I saw the most beautiful image of her sitting in a chair, next to a window,

and she sort of came alive for a little while. Anyway, that was the first and last time I felt dizzy playing FO4.

Archived