Alright everyone , I've returned after a lot of stuff that i had to do.

Now since im back ... i still dont know if I'm going to go on now due to RL stuff atm. I might continue this project , but in the current state , i can't go further. If you wanna reduce the Glossy effects , use Nifskope and tinker a bit in the Colour section ( specular , etc.) and you might get rid of the Gloss. For now tho , i can't work . But if I can i will continue on this mod and bring out CBBE ( with the new Mesh ) plus Other textures , and maybe even new hooves , that just come to the feet like on that picture that Lifty posted .

I'm very sorry , and thanks to Fauxfurry and the others providing support to the people whilst i was away. For now i just try to be a little bit more active . Thanks to everyone following this mod and appreciating it :D

Aight so I made myself some time. I am trying this one out now https://gyazo.com/cfca2548c9aeafad81305b848a2180c2 . Its like the hoove on the picture of Lifty. Ill try to make them able to adapt to your Body, which means they just have the bodycolour or a very similiar colour the the body of yours. They are more complex ( for me not for you ) but they will get the Job done. Yes , and im sorry , these Hooves will be UUNP Special , but after that ill try to make CBBE hooves that look the same ( Which basically requires me to get other textures on them and have them fit into bodyslide ) soooooo there you go.

Okay now I just need someone who can help me with this issue... Basically , the Hooves work , but when the colourchange hits , this happens https://gyazo.com/1cc0e0f550b6ba8400d78185b140204a The Texture or normalmap gets thrown away for some reason and the textures just change up :C. But besides that , they are perfect!

That happens because of the way the game handles skin textures. When you equip anything that has a mesh with the "Skin" shader like the naked body does (which is required for the skin color to work on it), and that item does not have a texture set assigned, the game uses the texture set assigned to the "NakedBody/Feet/Whathever" armor addon of the character's race. In this case, it's applying the human feet texture set.

To fix it, you have to create a new Texture Set pointing to your hoof textures and asign it to the hooves in their Armor Addon.

Option B would be to modify your meshes so they use the same texures as regular feet or at least the same UV map. That would be more difficult, but it would make them compatible with any UNP textures without the need to create patches for them.

Hope this helps.

Okay now I just need someone who can help me with this issue... Basically , the Hooves work , but when the colourchange hits , this happens https://gyazo.com/1cc0e0f550b6ba8400d78185b140204a The Texture or normalmap gets thrown away for some reason and the textures just change up :C. But besides that , they are perfect!

That happens because of the way the game handles skin textures. When you equip anything that has a mesh with the "Skin" shader like the naked body does (which is required for the skin color to work on it), and that item does not have a texture set assigned, the game uses the texture set assigned to the "NakedBody/Feet/Whathever" armor addon of the character's race. In this case, it's applying the human feet texture set.

To fix it, you have to create a new Texture Set pointing to your hoof textures and asign it to the hooves in their Armor Addon.

Option B would be to modify your meshes so they use the same texures as regular feet or at least the same UV map. That would be more difficult, but it would make them compatible with any UNP textures without the need to create patches for them.

Hope this helps.

Alright , Thanks a lot , ill try the Texture set option now and hope it works , since the texture layout is perfect for the mesh and it took me a long *** time to make it fit to the Calve . Let Hope it works C:

#edit : It is a temporary solution TYVM

short hooves look great so far but im having trouble getting them to work with PSQ. ive renamed everything in PSQ textures and meshes from shorthooves to boots but im getting no textures. any ideas?

ScreenShot39_zps3upl6jj7.jpg

EDIT- nm. i just reread the post above me. im guessing its cause the esp needs to assign the texture to the hooves. o well. i can deal with it till the hooves are finished

short hooves look great so far but im having trouble getting them to work with PSQ. ive renamed everything in PSQ textures and meshes from shorthooves to boots but im getting no textures. any ideas?

ScreenShot39_zps3upl6jj7.jpg

EDIT- nm. i just reread the post above me. im guessing its cause the esp needs to assign the texture to the hooves. o well. i can deal with it till the hooves are finished

Hmmm weird.... I thought i fixed it already in my included ESP :s I'll take a look at it later

Edit: I honestly have no clue why it doesnt work for you :s you have exactly the same files I have . I had that texture issue aswell..... and it looks exactly the same , and that's why i fixed it. Dunno why it doesnt carry over. If you guys wanna fix it for now : Go to Creation Kit -> Make a new textureset -> put the dds and msn.dds into the right slots , make a new armoraddon with the Textureset selected -> then make a new armor and assign the armoraddon to it , also name it properly , then just load up smth in the render and drag the item into is , then save it as ESP.

Or if that works for you ( doesnt work for me f.s.r.) you just load up my esp in creationkit , reassign the Texture Set ( or even make a new one and asign that to the aahooves armoraddon ) and you might be good.

Hmmm weird.... I thought i fixed it already in my included ESP :s I'll take a look at it later

Edit: I honestly have no clue why it doesnt work for you :s you have exactly the same files I have . I had that texture issue aswell..... and it looks exactly the same , and that's why i fixed it. Dunno why it doesnt carry over. If you guys wanna fix it for now : Go to Creation Kit -> Make a new textureset -> put the dds and msn.dds into the right slots , make a new armoraddon with the Textureset selected -> then make a new armor and assign the armoraddon to it , also name it properly , then just load up smth in the render and drag the item into is , then save it as ESP.

Or if that works for you ( doesnt work for me f.s.r.) you just load up my esp in creationkit , reassign the Texture Set ( or even make a new one and asign that to the aahooves armoraddon ) and you might be good.

i have no idea how to do any of that and if i tried id just fuck it up. they have texture if i just equip them normally instead of having PSQ equip them when i transform so ill just stick with that. i have the 4breast, unp schlong, and hdt dragon tail all set to equip for PSQ trans and they all work fine. its just the hooves that wont equip with texture

i have no idea how to do any of that and if i tried id just fuck it up. they have texture if i just equip them normally instead of having PSQ equip them when i transform so ill just stick with that. i have the 4breast, unp schlong, and hdt dragon tail all set to equip for PSQ trans and they all work fine. its just the hooves that wont equip with texture

Ohhhh you are using PSQ.... PSQ uses a alternative Texture path and as such changes the Hooves if you use PSQ to equip them! I thought you equipped them normally. Aight , so ill update that on my Post , since I forgot to add that . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is awesome!

Now I might sound like an unappreciative bastard, but would it be possible to make "normal skin" och like black leather version? Would be awesome for Draenei characters.

Atm im trying my best to learn the Texture editing thingy ... and i slowly get into it and already made new textures... atm im optimizing them and hope to get a good one. About having a Skin like Hoof..... thats gonna be hard since the Meshes and the textures are layed out for Goatish feet... but i can try but wont succeed i guess.... I need a new 3D model for that.

For all the others above thank you for the nice feedback ;D I'm happy you like this mod and I'm soon going to publish textures i guess once i figured out the best way to do it and the best textures. 

Here is a little sneakpeak on my textures that im testing atm : 20160517233729_1.jpg

Wow, these thigh-highs are great!  Are these in this mod?  I downloaded 3.5 (not short versions) and I didn't see these in the game.  Mine look like hair, only they're smooth and shiny.

I gave the CBBE version a try on my playthrough, just to see how it looks. Aside from the hooves counting as both leg and chest armor, it also doesn't scale with Bodyslide at all, which gave my character this seam on her wrists and neck that could only be fixed by going into racemenu and setting body weight to 1.0.

BTW this is how it looks with the Succubus mod race, I for one quite like it.

post-1152572-0-55937900-1478671356_thumb.jpg

post-1152572-0-70768500-1478671368_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I prefer the short hooves version but the mesh is so strangely transparent. Even applying my own textures to it made no difference. I wonder what the problem could be... anyway, haven't heard from the author(s) of this mod in awhile. Hope they're doing fine. Not locked up in a North Korean prison cell or anything.

• 2 months later...

Good looking hooves i like ;), anyway not sure but im having no foot step sound at all walk/run nor on sprinting oh and also might add when in 1st person only the hands are showing.

Yes i will fix that soon , im having a short break atm ...... The i put the footstepsound to NPCHORSE so it is actually close to a horse running , i can hear it , but it might be not compatible with some mods , so ill switch that back then , and yes , ill add the firstperson as well.

FYI, I found a hooves footstep set to use for the footstep sound that works quite well. (Skyrim.esm's NPCHorseFootstepSet does not seem to be reliable in any mod load order I try it in. No sound at all)

Since it's a Nexus mod intended to be used as a modder's resource, you could always publish a quick edit for the time being.

I understand if you don't have time, but this took 10 seconds (literally) to use TES5Edit to add the HoovesFootsteps master file to your ESP, and copy the FormID of the HoovesFootsteps set over to the Footstep node for the Armor Addon in your mod. Done.

Make sure you use the 1.0 and not 1.1 if you plan to use this hooves mod, because 1.1's only change is it allows custom nifs for craftable hooves. 1.0 was originally intended to be JUST the footstep set resource and nothing more... 1.1 will only add useless blank entries to forges. (To others reading, don't even try using the nifs from this mod with that one making them craftable. They will not be connected to FreakingGobbo's ESP at that point and won't work properly)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60263/

I guess it all depends if this IRL issue had to do with your computer. :s

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...