[FO4 CK] General Help Thread

Guys i need help, I installed the feminine animation replacer manually but now the crippled animation is not playing 

can someone upload the their default animations folder for me please.

Just delete the meshes/actor/character/animations/ folder and you will revert to the original.

The original anims are in the BA2 files.

Guys i need help, I installed the feminine animation replacer manually but now the crippled animation is not playing 

can someone upload the their default animations folder for me please.

Just delete the meshes/actor/character/animations/ folder and you will revert to the original.

The original anims are in the BA2 files.

the crippled animation still isn't showing up, only the 1st person effect.Please help

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, little help needed here:

I'm trying to realize a mod based on the Vanilla companions, so, I created a 'Config' script where store the variables, etc.

Then I've added some properties to stores the Companions.

To avoid the "language mess" typical of Skyrim (adding the properties localized in a language that will override the one on the modded game, like "WhiterCheval" instead of "Whiterun" etc.) I've opted for using a Game.GetFormFromFile(Id, file)

So, all the companions should be loaded in the OnInit procedure (and those from the Dlcs after checking if the DLCs are installed)

This is the theory, and is a thing that I've already tested and use multiple times on Skyrim... so I tryied to repeat it in Fallout4

Here and example of the script:

Scriptname Vh:Configuration extends Quest

Actor Property Cait Auto Hidden
Actor Property Codsworth Auto Hidden
Actor Property Curie Auto Hidden
Actor Property Danse Auto Hidden
Actor Property Deacon Auto Hidden
Actor Property Dogmeat Auto Hidden
Actor Property Hancock Auto Hidden
Actor Property McCready Auto Hidden
Actor Property Valentine Auto Hidden
Actor Property Piper Auto Hidden
Actor Property Preston Auto Hidden
Actor Property Strong Auto Hidden
Actor Property X688 Auto Hidden
Actor Property Ada Auto Hidden
Actor Property Longfellow Auto Hidden
Actor Property Gage Auto Hidden	

Event OnInit()
	Cait = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00079249, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Codsworth = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x000179FF, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Curie = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0027686, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Danse = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00027683, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Deacon = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00050976, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Dogmeat = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0001D15C, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Hancock = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00022613, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	McCready = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002740E, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Valentine = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00002F24, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Piper = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00002F1E, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Preston = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00019FD9, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Strong = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00027682, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	X688 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x000BBEE6, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	;etc...
EndEvent

The problem is about the output: from this the only Companions that get recognized is Deacon... the others are always None (The ID Should be correct: I get those from the CK)

Addittional Note: I use Notepad++ with the Syntax Highlighting got from the Wiki of the CreationKit (Fallout section of course).

Some Highlightings in the ID's of the Companions are on (Bold and colored), other not (simple types), Deacon (the only one recognized by the script) is highlighted (like others that dosen't get loaded); I don't recognize any scheme here... maybe is just an error of the Syntax Highlighting not related at all.

I'm actually confused: I don't see any error (logical or other), the script is very basic and (just in case) I've tried to delete and re-do the script.

Does anyone see a problem on this?

First Issues Solved, It seems that Fallout 4 doesn't like using the Base ID but instead only the Ref ID, so actually my values were wrong.

In case anyone need a rapid shortcut here in the spoliers:

Cait = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00079305, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Codsworth = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0001CA7D, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Curie = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00102249, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Danse = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0005DE4D, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Deacon = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00050976, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Dogmeat = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0001D162, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Hancock = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00022615, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	McCready = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0002A8A7, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Valentine = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00002F25, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Piper = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00002F1F, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Preston = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0001A4D7, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	Strong = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0003F2BB, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor
	X688 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x000E210A, "Fallout4.esm") as Actor

Ada = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000FF12, "DLCRobot.esm") as Actor

Longfellow = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00014602, "DLCCoast.esm") as Actor

Gage = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000A5B1, "DLCNukaWorld.esm") as Actor

_____

Other Problem is that I've tried to work with structs, never had a problem about, until this:

VanillaCompanionSpecs[] Property CompanionSpecs Auto Hidden
Struct VanillaCompanionSpecs
	Float Element1
	Float Element2
	Float Element3
EndStruct

Event OnInit()
	CompanionSpecs = New VanillaCompanionSpecs[16]

CompanionSpecs[0].Element1 = 1.0
	CompanionSpecs[0].Element2 = 2.0
	CompanionSpecs[0].Element3 = 3.0
EndEvent

With this I get that error in the Papyrus log:

"error: Cannot access a variable of a None struct"

at the line CompanionSpecs[0].Element1 = 1.0

So there's something worng with the initializzation of the Array of Structs... but... Which?

I've already done that things before...

So again, does anyone see something that I've missed?

The other properties are all initialized well and works...

Second Issues Solved by a workaround: The Structs get initialized better with a specified function, Here an example if anyone have the same problem

VanillaCompanionSpecs Function SetVanillaCompanionSpecs(Float value1, Float value2, Float value3)
	VanillaCompanionSpecs TempStruct = New VanillaCompanionSpecs
	TempStruct.Element1= value1
	TempStruct.Element2= value2
	TempStruct.Element3= value3
	Return TempStruct
EndFunction

Still need help with the first problem

All Solved. Left solution behind in case anyone step in the same problems.

Finally found a place to ask this.

Alright, I've never modded anything before, but I don't want to mod anything either. Sounds stupid, but let me explain.

I've had this idea of making a companion for Fallout 4, but then I thought that it'd probably be too much work. So, I ended up with just the idea of replacing Curie. This companion wouldn't be anything like morphing the face, upgrading textures, changing body meshes from existing mods & stuff.

So, what is this then..? Well, I'm a 3D character artist. I use Zbrush for sculpting, Blender for modeling/retopology and UV unwrapping, and Substance Painter 2 for texturing. Basically I'd be creating this companion from A SCRATCH. Head, body, teeth, eyes, hair, clothing and possible armors etc. etc.

I found a basic character ripped from the game and used is as a reference for the t-pose and propotions in the background while sculpting the actual companion as a separate thing.

My question is:

* Is it possible to mod a companion made completely from a scratch? Not using ANYTHING visual you can see from the game itself (except the voice, dialogue, affinity and animations of Curie). Because all the companions I've seen so far are more or less "vanilla" stuff with modifications. I mean like "oh, that face is nicely morphed".

I'd have a plan to make Curie to look like Emma Watson, haha. Just because I can, and I also like her facial structure and features. I'm asking this, because I don't want to waste my time on something that can never be on the game.

Rigging, porting and overall setting it for the game is something that someone else has to do. I'm just a modeler.

Got an NPC in a plugin that I made in FO4Edit that I want to edit in the creation kit. I can load it all up fine, but as soon as I try and change anything, and press the OK button, I get an error telling me that "MASTERFILE: TESActorBase Validation Failed: Speed multiplier is zero." Googling it nets me nothing. It's pissing methe fuck off because I don't have a single clue why it's doing this. What the hell am I doing wrong?

edit: found a workaround in fo4edit to what I wanted to do. Just added a head texture to the npc entry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a script check that I can use to check whether or not the player is using either a terminal or crafting thing? There's a check for isinworkshopmode, but I don't know whether or not that applies to just settlement building, or crafting as a whole.

That is for settlement building only. I'm not aware of any routines to easily detect if the Actor is using a workbench. You could possibly try to detect which animation the Actor is doing and compare to that of the workbenches but I haven't looked to see if there's functions for that. I think there is though.

Hi there, need again a tips or two, if there's someone that already worked with Scenes & dialogue in FO4

I'm creating some scenes with dialogue with the PC, the new Scene structure of the CK it's a goos step forward, anyway I have some problem

1)Makes the dialogue Skipable:

If I've understood well it could be done ONLY if there's an audio file related (even Silent), it's that true?

There's not any mod like "Fuz Ro Doh" or similar system / trick / anything that could avoid me to create 8 billions of mute audio files?

2)Lip files:

Obviously I don't have voice actors at my disposal and I don't want to include audio files (even mute) to every line of text, anyway searching around for the net I discovered that, for generate the lip files, I need the 32-bit version of the CK (in the tool folder, etc.).

The problem is:

I could generate a lip files only related to an audio files, there's no use for the box "alternate lip text"?

3)Correct use of the camera in Scenes:

I can emulate the vanilla dialogs (Camera switch between actors involved) using the Game.StartDialogueCameraOrCenterOnTarget() but it only work once (if the scene is repeated it doesn't work).

I obviously missed something, but I don't understand what.

If anyone knows about, please let me know.

Is there a way to preview tri morphs at all? The very small glimpses I can catch of them happening to my character show that something has gone wrong, and I don't know how to trigger the action it's linked to (BrowSqueeze) via console.

Also, is it possible to make the player's body have a glowmap? I've enabled light emission and set the path to it in the bgsm, as well as allowed emission in the nif itself, but no matter what I've done it doesn't seem to work.

• 1 month later...

Hey, its a short question but i searched all the day long and did not find the right solution. Is there a way to detect if the player or.. an script targetet Actor is not wearing any clothes? ._. 

ive tryed it with the is equipped script papyrus condition and getequpped condition with the SkinNaked armor part.. but that don't work.. cause the Actor isn't wearing the SkinNaked Armor when he/she/its naked.. not really. 

my backup solution was to ask about the itemvalue .. if 0 than ... but of course 0 means really no items equipped. But that is not what i search for. i Search for 'Dont wear Clothes' armors should be do not matter.^^

i mean it has to be possible sometimes Npc's detect that the player is naked. I think thats working via the quest "CA_PlayerWalkAroundNaked" and when i use the Quest Running condition, the condition hits only on cellchanges v.v but that is also not that what i want. and i cant find how and where the quest is triggered to reproduce it -_-

even if i go the hard and performance horroble way and made an condition for each clothingpiece.. it wont work for custom mod clothes xD ... grr

has anyone an idea?

//edit.. think i found a way.. Weapon and Armor keywords community Resource ... but that wont work with many custom clothes.. but at the moment my best chance, if someone had a better Idear - tell me :)

• 2 weeks later...

This has me stuffed, I have a 44 pistol and I want have a mod converting it to 50AE ok, but I want it to reduce the ammo capacity.

I found a property called AmmoCapacity, but it only has 3 options SET, ADD, MULT+ADD and I can't enter fractions or negative numbers so where the hell is MINUS and DIVIDE?

I can't find anything about it under weapons in the Wiki either.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having this issue with fallout 4 with extreme stuttering. It seems like when I reach a new area, and it loads them in it will cause the game to stutter real badly, like it's playing a slide show, but it only does this if I'm outside though. After it loads everything runs fine, I get about 60fps in most places, even with a lot of charters on screen, but that stuttering is annoying, makes it kinda unplayable in the cities pretty much. I have all the texture mods from vivid fallout, the best choice one, and a few skin and armor mods, but I couldn't imagine it causing it to play that badly. I also have a I5 4690, and running it with a 970gtx. I'm just wondering if anyone else ran into these issues and if they fixed it. I've tried upping and lowering ugrid but didn't really do anything.

i refuse to install 3rd party program and registering with bullthesda just to download construction set fix their game. if some1 got download link for standalone CS build link please.

I've been having this issue with fallout 4 with extreme stuttering. It seems like when I reach a new area, and it loads them in it will cause the game to stutter real badly, like it's playing a slide show, but it only does this if I'm outside though. After it loads everything runs fine, I get about 60fps in most places, even with a lot of charters on screen, but that stuttering is annoying, makes it kinda unplayable in the cities pretty much. I have all the texture mods from vivid fallout, the best choice one, and a few skin and armor mods, but I couldn't imagine it causing it to play that badly. I also have a I5 4690, and running it with a 970gtx. I'm just wondering if anyone else ran into these issues and if they fixed it. I've tried upping and lowering ugrid but didn't really do anything.

yes, it almost certainly caused by running out of ram. check out if u got windows update and all that garbage off as it can an eat up over 3 gigs of ram doing nothing useful. also turn off your page file (if u got over 16 gig of ram) or at least reduce it and put on ssd so when your ram overflow it wont be that bad. also restart game at least 1 time per hour. when f4 starts use page file, even with ssd, frame will drop to about 1-4 fps.

i refuse to install 3rd party program and registering with bullthesda just to download construction set fix their game. if some1 got download link for standalone CS build link please.

Well unfortunately you may be stuck with FO4Edit then for the next few years. I doubt it will ever even leave beta status.

yes, it almost certainly caused by running out of ram. check out if u got windows update and all that garbage off as it can an eat up over 3 gigs of ram doing nothing useful. also turn off your page file (if u got over 16 gig of ram) or at least reduce it and put on ssd so when your ram overflow it wont be that bad. also restart game at least 1 time per hour. when f4 starts use page file, even with ssd, frame will drop to about 1-4 fps.

I'll have to try that, thanks.

Script Question:

I am using this in a debug message:

Debug.Notification("SynthPowers: PAHealing: " + rActorName + ": Health/PAB:" + iCurrHealthPerc + "/" + fPABatteryPerc)

How do I get rActorName?

I'm afraid to say ...

It's not available. Bethesda didn't include any function to get the display name in the CK. You'll have to wait for F4SE to address it.

The best you can get is the ObjectReference, which looks too messy for users to see and most of the time doesn't even allow you to identify which actor it is (you'll get things like workshopdog for Dogmeat and xyzasdCodworth)

I had the same problem too. Very annoying omission.