Warhammer Total War - Who is getting it?

Guest Vendayn

Guest Vendayn

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

I pre-ordered it. There is only a small chance that I will be disappointed and not get my money worth. I love fantasy, love fantasy strategy games, even crappy fantasy strategy likes (like warlock: master of the arcane I found a lot of fun and its pretty bad lol). Love total war, and always wanted a fantasy total war style game (or even mod) that wasn't based off Middle Earth and was huge and epic.

Even rome 2, I didn't like that much (even after the emperor edition thing and all DLCs were out), I played for around 200 hours and I'd say that I got my money worth from that. And Attila I still play today, that one is epic.

But warhammer total war looks really fun and really looking forward to release. Only two weeks and a few days away :) Looks like they are actually doing a good job with it.

Plus, they did a 180 and said there will be extensive modding support...which is pretty epic. Before, they said no modding support at all. And the chaos DLC went from paid DLC to free week one/pre-order DLC.

Anyone else gonna play Warhammer total war?

Still on the fence about it.  I have pre-ordered EVERY single game in the TW series and bought every single DLC.  Through mods, I have enjoyed the hell out of each and every game.  TW games were my first foray into modding.  There is something about this game however that just doesn't feel right.........I'll probably break.........I'm such a sucker for their games.   :blush:

attachicon.gifneverforget.png

Although they might be able to get me back into the fold with Medieval 3.

Terrible launch and false advertisement a la Ubisoft style (Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy's The Division). Then releasing factions in overpriced DLC that offered NOTHING but reskins of current in game factions (EA STYLE!). tsk tsk tsk

Then came Attila just a Rome Total Fail 2.0 with the same DLC. Blood costed extra! :angel:

Now they're targeting a new community, to screw them over too. Ah yes, can't wait for the "Oh man I'm so hard right now!" comments then the "What the fudge did I just pay for?!" comments and the boycotting to start again but will stop in favor of the next Total War game which will no doubt be based on another franchise because they're trying to 'repair the damage' aka fool more people into giving them more money for nothing but a broken game and overpriced lackluster DLC. Thank you SEGA! :D

Developers are losing it. Greed and laziness is overtaking the industry.

Guest Vendayn

I dunno. I think (personally) Attila is a lot of fun, even without all the DLC. maybe its cause I like the hardcore survival aspect of trying to win as western roman empire. I've tried the other factions, and besides eastern roman empire (though still not nearly as much as western roman empire), I don't get into any of the others as much.

If western romans weren't in the game of Attila and it wasn't so hard to survive, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. But, even when getting a big empire, its still really hard with all the civil unrest/food and stuff. Most, almost all strategy games, it gets far too easy and boring when you get a big empire. Makes endgame no fun at all. But in attila as western romans (and even the others), a big empire, while easier in some aspects, is actually still as challenging as when you are first starting out.

I think thats why I like Attila so much, even as someone non-roman. Its a challenge early on, mid-game and endgame. I had two factions left to defeat as eastern romans, but my entire empire went up into civil war due to a severe lack of food and I lost a lot of my conquered territory and nations re-appeared. Very few strategy games are like that, where you don't just steam roll everyone later in the game and becomes too easy.

They did a VERY good job with making the entire game (Attila) a challenge, and I love that. All these strategy games make it way too easy when you are big, and that is VERY bad design (to me it is anyway, I greatly dislike that and find it really boring). Even Skyrim, later in the game when you are a high level, been reborn a few times and have best stuff...its too stupidly easy. Luckily mods fix that, but vanilla skyrim is way too easy later on as well.

For vanilla Skyrim if I play on console, I limit my level to 15 or 20 and never level past it. I like games where its a challenge 100% of the time

Hopefully warhammer total war is a challenge like that. Where its always a challenge early to endgame.

I dunno. I think (personally) Attila is a lot of fun, even without all the DLC. maybe its cause I like the hardcore survival aspect of trying to win as western roman empire. I've tried the other factions, and besides eastern roman empire (though still not nearly as much as western roman empire), I don't get into any of the others as much.

If western romans weren't in the game of Attila and it wasn't so hard to survive, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. But, even when getting a big empire, its still really hard with all the civil unrest/food and stuff. Most, almost all strategy games, it gets far too easy and boring when you get a big empire. Makes endgame no fun at all. But in attila as western romans (and even the others), a big empire, while easier in some aspects, is actually still as challenging as when you are first starting out.

I think thats why I like Attila so much, even as someone non-roman. Its a challenge early on, mid-game and endgame. I had two factions left to defeat as eastern romans, but my entire empire went up into civil war due to a severe lack of food and I lost a lot of my conquered territory and nations re-appeared. Very few strategy games are like that, where you don't just steam roll everyone later in the game and becomes too easy.

They did a VERY good job with making the entire game (Attila) a challenge, and I love that. All these strategy games make it way too easy when you are big, and that is VERY bad design (to me it is anyway, I greatly dislike that and find it really boring). Even Skyrim, later in the game when you are a high level, been reborn a few times and have best stuff...its too stupidly easy. Luckily mods fix that, but vanilla skyrim is way too easy later on as well.

For vanilla Skyrim if I play on console, I limit my level to 15 or 20 and never level past it. I like games where its a challenge 100% of the time

Hopefully warhammer total war is a challenge like that. Where its always a challenge early to endgame.

Seems like the endgame-doomstack  (adding challenge to endgame empires) system will stay in the upcoming CA games (also confirmed on Warhammer)

• 5 weeks later...

So who played it? Ofc against my better judgement I pre ordered it. My experience went like this.

At launch, being frustrated because game was working like shit (devuno?), whipped out bad review, got contacted by CA employee lol.

After dayone hotfix, jumped in in to co-op (it is fucking first time that we were able to finish co-op without desync, corrupted saves ect) and we were amazed.

In next day hype died down and we were like, they removed this, this looks a much worse than in rome, they dont have animations and ect.

So finally we came up that it is mediocre TW and mediocre WH. A bit let down.

Playing the shit out of it (when I can anyway).  Vanilla.........like most TW games isn't particularly wonderful.  Modded......now it is a work of art!!!!  Modders have already adapted the PFM to work and figured out most of what is what.  I do like the story feature where you can play out the scenario's and "teleport" to the battle fields, instead of having to slog your way to them during the campaign.  Rocking with the empire and blasting the shit out of the Chaos hordes around turn 90!!!  Haven't had much time to play or I'd be further along.  

I can't wait to see what modders do with this game.  Just what they have manged so far is amazing.  Check out twcenter.net in the warhammer forum section for mods and tools.

I always playied tw vanilla ;D

Only mod that I tried was darth mod for empire and even that did took long.

But honesty wtf they are doing? Rome 2 was striped from futures, and they striped warhammer even further. Maybe they rushed it, because there is a shit load of leftovers in files (like ships, there are ship models for every race - and there is no naval combat in game, only autoresolve).

Got it.

Played it.

Best total war game I have ever played.

The only thing that bothers me is the late game comes way too late. I think there should be a mod that unlocks everything for the AI and somewhat helps the player.

I still find myself completely dominating the AI who is fighting me with tier 1 or 2 armies while I am at tier 5.

Pre-Ordered, played more than 100 hours by now. Its the TW-Game I waited for since Medieval 1

And yeah, I will totally buy DLCs for this, I do not even care ^^ Milk me, rape me, take my money, but just gimme Beastmen, Elves, and Kislev. Really, the first TW I am realyl looking forward to DLCs.

Of course though, I play modded by now, also as usual. tweaking the game to how I like it, the great strength of the TW-Games.

And last but not least: Fuck you GW and your End Times, in my Warhammer World Chaos gets stomped as it should be!

Archived