Missing nipple piercings (have already read several threads...)

wabi-sabi

hello, umm....

so, I can't get the nipple piercings to shop up (be visible). I've already read several threads but are of no avail.

I've done the following but nothing that I've done has so far clued me in to what the problem is. What can I check to troubleshoot this problem for myself?

1. I have DD integration set up and no, all the invisible settings are default to none including nipples (location 51)

2. I use a custom body mesh and i believe I've bodyslided everythings correctly. All other DD items (harnesses, gags, etc.) show up including vaginal piercing in the correct spots and are visible. All clothing that is BS compatible are also properly BS'd so I don't thiiiink that is the issue. I've Free camera'd just to make sure the nipple piercings aren't just hiding inside the body mesh as well.

3. I've checked to see that all nipple piercings are invisible (they are). The sound affect indicating that I'm wearing or removing clothing items does play.

4. The nipple piercings do show up in the preview window when I'm in the inventory (preview meshes are obviously separate of course from the actual meshes...)

While I consider myself to be more than just a casual user of SL, DD, Bodyslide, I'm not sure what to do now.

What can I check next to troubleshoot this problem for myself?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions this community might teach me about.

If you are using a custom body mesh it is possible that the nipple piercings are not set up properly for your body. What I mean is that when you equipping them, they are there but they are in fact inside your body's breasts. Sometimes the piercings aren't set up for HDT physics and the body is which will result in the piercings remaining stationary while the breasts and nipples move around in which case the piercings may only show up in place some of the time. Sometimes the piercings were designed for a body with significantly different proportions than the one you are using in which case they will be forever invisible, hidden inside the body or they may float some distance out in front of the body if they were made for a body mesh with larger breasts. One method you can try is to boot up Outfit Studio from the Bodyslide program and load in your body mesh with the piercings as the outfit. Then manipulate the piercings until they are lined up properly with the nipples of the body and export the piercings as a new mesh overriding the old mesh as the new one has been corrected for placement. If when you do load up the body and the piercings and they are already aligned properly then it is most likely an issue with the piercings not being set up with breast bone physics or they are improperly weighted.  

I would suggest checking that you have the following two nifs:

meshes\devious\devices\piercingNSoul_0

meshes\devious\devices\piercingNSoul_1

Then I would open them both up using nifSkope and do the following for each:

- expand the NiNode

- expand each NiTriShape

- one after the other, highlight BSDismemberSkinInstance, then:

- in the Block Details window at the bottom, expand Partitions (twice) and check the value column. Across from body part it should say SBP_51_DECAPITATE.

- if it doesn't say that, change the value to 51, hit enter, and it should autofill the right value. Then save the nif.

Skip the nifskope part unless you have moved the slot in the esp.

Load your body type (cbbe or uunp) in outfit studio as a reference.

Load the piercing as an outfit (start with the 0 or low one).

Load your preset (click slider at the top and about the 3 or 4 one should be preset click that and you'll get a popup window with all the presets available scroll down to your preset and load it).

Make sure the piercing is in the right location and not inside the body for your presets low side.... if the piercing is either in the body or outside of the body you can highlight the meshes in the top right window pane and right click and choose move (never move the reference mesh always move the outfit mesh).... once they are in the correct location click on slider at the top again and hit "set base shape". The reference shape should go back to the standard cbbe/uunp shape and the piercings should stay in the correct location (load your preset again to make sure).

When the piercings are in the correct location go to the top and click file \ export \ export nif and save over the old _0.nif for the nipple piercing.

Load the _1.nif and go thru the same steps. Make sure the piercing lines up correctly with your body type (cbbe/uunp) and your preset then export it as the _1.nif.

Then test in game and see if they show up correctly.... 9 times out of 10 for the DD piercings its location location location.

Note: you can have multiple meshes highlighted in the top right pane of Outfit Studio and do a move shape (either right click one of the highlighted meshes or go up top and click shape then move ... it does the same thing ).

• 6 months later...

I realize this is an old post, but just in case anyone like me comes across it looking for a solution:

I had the same exact problem as the original poster, except that my DD nipple rings were perfectly visible and working correctly *until* I installed some other mods.  I'm not sure which one broke it, but one was Mana Tanks (scales breasts based on how much mana you have) and the other added a bunch of other nipple rings to the game.  Anyway, one of those may have broken my game because now my DD nipple rings were invisible.  They were equipped, I could see their model in the inventory, they showed as equipped and they were shocking me occasionally as they should.  They were just invisible.  They weren't inside me or clipping into my body (verified with free camera mod).

What fixed this for me was following merManc's suggestion above - opening the piercing nifs with NikSkope and manually changing the Block Details' Partition's body part on each tri's BSDismemberSkinInstance.  Mine said 56.  I changed them to 51 (which NikSkope converted to the enum/constant value SBP_51_DECAPITATE) and I reloaded my save and put them on again.  Then they were visible.

Thanks, merManc!

• 10 months later...

I would suggest checking that you have the following two nifs:

Then I would open them both up using nifSkope and do the following for each:

- expand the NiNode

- expand each NiTriShape

- one after the other, highlight BSDismemberSkinInstance, then:

- in the Block Details window at the bottom, expand Partitions (twice) and check the value column. Across from body part it should say SBP_51_DECAPITATE.

- if it doesn't say that, change the value to 51, hit enter, and it should autofill the right value. Then save the nif.

My nipple piercings are not showing up.  I looked into this, and I don't have either of these:

All I have is:

piercingNSoul_go.nif    (I'm guessing that "go" means GROUND).

Vaginal piercings are working fine.  For the vaginal, I have:

piercingVSoul.nif

piercingVSoul_go.nif

Am I missing some files?  I installed everything, best as I could, from the install instructions.  When I found problems, I uninstalled and reinstalled Dimonized UNP and DDa

My nipple piercings are not showing up.  I looked into this, and I don't have either of these:

All I have is:

piercingVSoul.nif

piercingVSoul_go.nif

Am I missing some files?  I installed everything, best as I could, from the install instructions.  When I found problems, I uninstalled and reinstalled Dimonized UNP and DDa

Did you build the meshes in bodyslide?

All I have is:

piercingVSoul.nif

piercingVSoul_go.nif

Thanks for your quick response!

None of the outfits were showing up in BodySlide....

After an exhaustive effort, I figured out the problem was with my installation of bodyslide.  It was installed in a "Virtual Folder".  NMM set it up this way by default.  And it took me a while to figure out how to fix it.

ALMOST all of the outfits now work correctly.

I do still have a problem with some of the harnesses included in DDx.  The Blocking and Locking harnesses give an error message:

An error has occurred with your installation of Devious Devices.  Please check the log for more information.  Error Text:  Manipulate Device did not recognize device type that it received as an argument.

All I have is:

piercingVSoul.nif

piercingVSoul_go.nif

Thanks for your quick response!

None of the outfits were showing up in BodySlide....

After an exhaustive effort, I figured out the problem was with my installation of bodyslide.  It was installed in a "Virtual Folder".  NMM set it up this way by default.  And it took me a while to figure out how to fix it.

ALMOST all of the outfits now work correctly.

I do still have a problem with some of the harnesses included in DDx.  The Blocking and Locking harnesses give an error message:

An error has occurred with your installation of Devious Devices.  Please check the log for more information.  Error Text:  Manipulate Device did not recognize device type that it received as an argument.

You're not mixing versions of the DD mods are you?

• 4 months later...

My player's nipple piercings worked last week, now they don't. Since last week until now, it's true and I confess,

I installed several mods and uninstalled others. changed UNP textures, uninstalled SLSO, (maybe) changed unp to unpb-hdt (or something).

I'll run bodyslide, fnis and wrye bash like novenas at some church, but the gods have abandoned me.

DD-whatever's 4.0 and 3.0e (so, yeah, they're mixed but it isn't my fault, I swear).

They're not hidden in her bra, and device-hider's hiding slots were set to "disabled" (it's a hunch but I think that's where the problem is).

They're equipped and when you take them off and drop them, they show up.

If it helps, they've worked reliably for years, and lately they even align exactly.

I'm only talking about the last few days.

desperation time.JPG

versions.JPG

Alone and blue, I decided to uninstall any very recent mods just in case.

A beta of deepbluefrog's "SANGUINE'S DEBAUCHERY" (esp + "resources") was blocking them somehow, and uninstalling his mod

made them magically appear (after trying to take the invisible ones off).

"carry on" said the MCM menu, so I will.

I'd delete this but just in CASE it will help anyone I'll leave it up, for a day or so.

I was facing a similar issue. What fixed mine was that after I built the Morphs with Bodyslide, I had to click create mod on my Overwrite mods where the Bodyslide output would end up going. This is assuming your using Mod Organizer

1. Build Morphs

2 Right click Overwrite on Mod Organizer (if thats what you use) and create mod to implement your new changes :tongue: 

Archived