How to edit schlong sliders on an NPC?

Fredas

Trying to set up a specific NPC to appear in-game the way I want them to.  Race, outfit, etc.  Belatedly realized that I don't know how to go about it when it comes to RaceMenu sliders in general, but especially the schlong.

Schlong application on NPCs is supposed to be done through the SOS menu.  Fair enough.  But RaceMenu gives one control over a ton of sliders so one can tweak the shape to their liking.  I pretty much have to do this.  So I have to do it again if it's going to be used on an NPC.  But I don't know how to go about it.

Basically I guess I'm asking: How do I set up an NPC so that they come packaged with variables that RaceMenu would normally dictate, or else how can I set such a thing up from within the game?

A combination of the SOSRaceMenuPlugin and Extensible Follower Framework would allow this, by using the Command->More->Tattoos option(which may only be there if you use the Standard[wheel] option for followers, I'm not sure if it is there when using the normal dialog menu), which gives you some of the tabs the player has access to, including the genitals tab. However, there is a problem with this. The SOSRaceMenuPlugin turns off the normal scaling that SOS uses, in favor of letting the values be set in RaceMenu. This does not apply for NPCs. The problem you will have this that, after changing the scaling of an NPCs schlong through RaceMenu, SOS' Player/NPC submenu will not load, and you would have to reload a save to fix that problem, where you have not used RaceMenu to scale any NPC's schlongs.

A combination of the SOSRaceMenuPlugin and Extensible Follower Framework would allow this, by using the Command->More->Tattoos option(which may only be there if you use the Standard[wheel] option for followers, I'm not sure if it is there when using the normal dialog menu)

Bingo.  Really strange that this ended up being the only way to access this kind of control, but I will definitely take it.  Conveniently, I was already using EFF.  (Not sure why - perhaps solely on the strength of it having been arranged by Expired.)

The problem you will have this that, after changing the scaling of an NPCs schlong through RaceMenu, SOS' Player/NPC submenu will not load, and you would have to reload a save to fix that problem, where you have not used RaceMenu to scale any NPC's schlongs.

This ended up not being my experience.  What instead happened is that every change I made to the NPC's SOS sliders went into effect, except for the base scaling.  This seemed to be overridden by SOS, leaving it at what SOS calls "1".  I merely needed to slide this up to approximate what I was after from within RaceMenu.  SOS' submenu didn't fail to load, and the change to SOS's NPC size didn't revert my other RaceMenu NPC tweaks.

So, apart from the inconvenience of needing to make these kinds of adjustments during gameplay rather than being able to set an NPC up outside of the game, this seems to work fine.  Were I attempting to arrange a custom follower for distribution, obviously I'd still be looking for a solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived