Wrangling Nifskope

I'm trying to work with glow maps on Skyrim arrows. I came to a spot in the tutorial that says Click on "Skyrim ShaderProperties" and Change it to "Glow Shader."

Here is a screenshot to go with the issue. The "Skyrim ShaderProperties" is greyed out, and I can't select it. Is there a setting that I have to change in Nifskope, or is there a different mesh that I need to use? I'm trying to use daedricarrowprojectile.nif.

post-279248-0-19960800-1461620288_thumb.jpg

Just looked at one of my nifs with glow mapping and started opening each tab to see where it's at and your looking in the wrong spot it's under the BSLightingShaderProperty.

post-25667-0-84554900-1461622475_thumb.jpg

As to your blog not sure why but every time I have ever posted to someones blog it pops up a message saying needs moderators approval before it can be posted it maybe it's the way blogs are set up.

Just looked at one of my nifs with glow map and started opening each tab to see where it's at and your in the wrong spot it's under the BSLightingShaderProperty.

As to your blog not sure why but every time I have ever posted to someones blog it pops up a message saying needs moderators approval before it can be posted it maybe it's the way blogs are set up.

I fixed the blog issue, as far as I know. Thanks for the help. I guess I need Photoshop now. I don't have it or even know how to use it.

I installed one Gimp or another yesterday. I got it from the official site so it's safe, but I have no idea which version I have.

Now I'm falling asleep. I fall asleep and vital information is lost. Must fight.

So it's 2.8.16, so it's good. Trying to open a .dds now.

GIMP requires a plugin to open and save DDS files.

You can find it here: Gimp DDS Plugin

@myuhinny: each blog author can set its blog to allow unapproved posts or not.

One fun thing is that one blog I did everyone was able to post EXCEPT myself.

@CPU

That's pretty funny. I didn't say anything about the .DDS plugin which I usually do as I thought someone told me awhile back that it was built in now or maybe it was paint-net. I use gimp2 the most though paint-net is nice when you want to work on multiple files at one time and transfer pieces from one to another as you can add each file separate instead of pasting it on top of the old one.

Archived