Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

I just recently hit the max amount of house slaves across several house cells in one of my longer running saves. Is there a way to manually increase the max amount slaves in the scripts and if so what would the possible consequences be? 

Thank you for your time

Hi

Has anyone else got any problems at 'The Restless Hunter'?

Seemed to be OK in prior games, and earlier in this one where the main problem was a CTD on closing transaction windows when buying/selling with Pardo.

But now, every time I enter the place - (having set the preliminary tasks to be unnecessary) - the slaves in the cells (to which I do not yet have the key) seem to get into a brawl and if you let that finish, a guard then appears in the main room, and the game then CTDs on

- talking to Pardo

- just trying to save

There is nothing obvious in the logs

I've searched here for all the obvious things/terms without success

Is load order significant in any particular way that I might have missed, or does anyone else have any other ideas? 

In getting to where I am now, I have

- updated to 1.22

- removed 'Become Jarl of Ivarstead' as it was creating bandits in the locality, but there are no baddies outside now as the clock 'Wait' command allows waiting as no enemies are now found nearby

- disabled Facelight Plus, which seems to make Merchants CTD on dialogue close if you have that on

Any ideas would be welcome

I don't have that problem (thankfully). The Restless Hunter has been an oasis of things working correctly in the PAHE universe for me (I probably just jinxed myself). Your problem does sound reminiscent of the fighting that occurs in towns with slaves. For example, if there is a vampire attack in a town or city I have noted that the slaves join the side of the vampires (or thief, or whatever). This has often led to the death of a slave but, so far, no CTD.

I'm wondering if people's problem with this mod is due to a Quest Alias not found warning on the esp.

[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [06] PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp
[00:00] PHHSHPortable "Slave Camps" [QUST:0602E0F2]
[00:00]     QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ Alias -> <Warning: Quest Alias not found in "PHHSHPortable "Slave Camps" [QUST:0602E0F2]">
[00:02] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 2487, Errors found: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:02

Specifically: <Warning: Quest Alias not found in "PHHSHPortable "Slave Camps" [QUST:0602E0F2]">

There's a referenced Quest Alias that doesn't exist. This warning shows up for both LE and SE plugin.

I get a CreationKit crash when trying to export dialogues for this mod. I imagine this is the reason for the crash, and probably causes a number of other scripting errors in-game.

It's attached to the "CellLocation1" property for the "pahoportable" script.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

I don't have that problem (thankfully). The Restless Hunter has been an oasis of things working correctly in the PAHE universe for me (I probably just jinxed myself). Your problem does sound reminiscent of the fighting that occurs in towns with slaves. For example, if there is a vampire attack in a town or city I have noted that the slaves join the side of the vampires (or thief, or whatever). This has often led to the death of a slave but, so far, no CTD.

Thanks

I shall have to persevere ....

14 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Hi

Seemed to be OK in prior games, and earlier in this one where the main problem was a CTD on closing transaction windows when buying/selling with Pardo.

But now, every time I enter the place - (having set the preliminary tasks to be unnecessary) - the slaves in the cells (to which I do not yet have the key) seem to get into a brawl and if you let that finish, a guard then appears in the main room, and the game then CTDs on

- talking to Pardo

- just trying to save

Is load order significant in any particular way that I might have missed, or does anyone else have any other ideas? 

- updated to 1.22

- removed 'Become Jarl of Ivarstead' as it was creating bandits in the locality, but there are no baddies outside now as the clock 'Wait' command allows waiting as no enemies are now found nearby

- disabled Facelight Plus, which seems to make Merchants CTD on dialogue close if you have that on

OK

It seems that the main issue I had came from OBIS.  For some reason OBIS bandits were being spawned in the cell block and if I could get the key from Pardo quickly enough, on opening it all sorts of mayhem was taking place down there.  Clouds of cold, blasts of flame, atronachs, the lot, LOL

Since I disabled the OBIS MCM's 'Vanilla' bandit spawn options, they have never reappeared, my PC can talk to and trade with Pardo fine, and the game saves without a CTD

Why any of that should be, I have no real clue - may be something to do with the 'type' of environment location set for the cellblock? - but I'll leave this here in case anyone else with similar issues is searching the thread later

And thanks again to @Musje for all the hard work that has gone into making such a great mod 

4 hours ago, Fetterbr said:

when is the long awaited update coming for pahe and home sweet home :)

No idea :)  Sorry for being absent, real busy with RL at the moment.  I don't know when I will be able to return to modding.

1 hour ago, Musje said:

No idea :)  Sorry for being absent, real busy with RL at the moment.  I don't know when I will be able to return to modding.

I'm sorry to hear it. I hope things go well for you. I'll keep you in my prayers and, if there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to let me know.

21 hours ago, Musje said:

RL?  What's that?  One of those new fangled virtual reality games?  Oh, you clean house, go to work, spend time with family?  How boring.

17 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

RL?  What's that?  One of those new fangled virtual reality games?  Oh, you clean house, go to work, spend time with family?  How boring.

maybe someone could help updating these mods, would be really appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is almost certainly my being ignorant, stupid, or maybe even more likely, both

If one sets up a camp, and then tasks a follower to guard it, do you have to tell the follower to 'wait' first, before setting them as camp guard?  In particular, when using a follower management mod?  (I use iAFT)

Queried because having set up a camp just outside The Restless Hunter, the guard stayed in situ for about 2 or 3 min, then bunked off to catch up with my PC and other followers, giving me a message that the camp was unguarded, and the bandit that Faendal was training hard - or hard training? - bugged out completely and had to be sent off to her ethereal doom

Any advice would be welcome

Disclaimer -- I am talking strictly about Skryim Special Edition in this post.

I've gotten spoiled by Amazing Follower Tweaks (AFT), in particular (a) the ability to make followers move behind you when blocking you in a door-frame or narrow hallway, and (b) the ability to make followers unkillable. The PAH slaves, however, do not appear to have these two wonderful tweaks. If I have AFT installed, is there a way to have my "hit the road" slaves to have these same tweaks? Before taking the step of reverse-engineering AFT, PAHE, and PAH-Home Sweet Home and figuring out how to make this happen, I was hoping that there was a far easier way to reach this objective (i.e., an ini tweak or another existing mod).

nope. plain and simple. atf is old. u better swapping to nethers follower network.
for slaves just dotn bring 99999 slaves. they cant be did like atf and such as they not part of the faction. there enough faction issues as is without adding more.
he has experimented with things in past and nothing ever works well.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:59 PM, Psalam said:

No, there are no console commands.

I agree respect is hard. Make a habit of punishing a slave at any time that you get the dialogue "I thought I told you to address me as a slave should." That's the most helpful.

Pose is easy. Find a safe, indoor location and tie your slave up (preferably with the HSH dialogue (I'm going to tie you up/let's get the chains out/on your knees)). If you combine that with having told your slave that they were going to fight for you it should (slowly) raise their submission, combat and pose.

pose is actually very easy in hsh. just ask her to pose and than ask her for the next pose and next and so on. you will jump 3-5 points for each click and you dont need to wait. respect its hard.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:46 PM, donkeywho said:

Hi

- talking to Pardo

- just trying to save

- updated to 1.22

one thing i notice after so many restarts in restless hunter because of script stopping. When pardo gives a price of a slave you need to press enter while the text is still on the screen, if you wait till it goes away the scripts stops. this has worked for me now for month.

@Musje

If you do manage to find time to update this in the future, is there any chance that you could add a nominal cost to teleporting a slave to you, as if it were some sort of charge for the 'security guard/travel costs' involved?

That would be a simple way of adding a little realism to the' management' of 'transporting' slaves about over Skyrim, without having to do anything unduly fancy

At the moment there are ways of doing it oneself - eg a respawning 'honesty chest', but a feature like that would be good. 

At simplest a fixed fee, set by slider would do,  The icing on the cake would be a fee calculation based on the distance the slave is from you, with a large fixed charge for slaves whose location is now unknown

Any chance of anything like that, if it would be simple to do?

I'll also ask @CliftonJD on the PAHE thread

Something unexpected happened in my Falkreath home. I had some house slaves and one of them was training the other in combat. I entered with Mjoll as my follower. I guess that Mjoll got grazed by a shock spell and screamed "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" and proceeded to kill both the slaves. Funny but sad because I had spent a lot of time building them up to that point.

Other than keeping followers out of any slave house or telling the taskmaster to disallow combat training, is there any way to prevent this? BTW, I'm also using Amazing Follower Tweaks.