NMM And mod installing

So i just did a clean skyrim install again but this time i installed it on my SSD and when i try to install realvision enb with NMM it says that the mod was installed but it's not in the game folder... Some mods are installed normally some mods are not. Any idea why?

That's odd, maybe not a great idea to install an ENB via NMM anyway. Slightly off topic, I would strongly recommend moving to using "Mod Organizer" instead! It works in a smarter way and completely virtualizes your mods, so you don't fuck up your game by mistake with NMM :)

Good luck!

So i just did a clean skyrim install again but this time i installed it on my SSD and when i try to install realvision enb with NMM it says that the mod was installed but it's not in the game folder... Some mods are installed normally some mods are not. Any idea why?

If you have time and will, come to my NMM thread named in my signature and read the topics related to it. You might find the solution. :)

ENB can't be installed with NMM, because the ENB files need to go into the Skyrim directory, and NMM only installs files into Skyrim\Data or further in.

I have True Vision ENB installed via NMM 0.61.16. Works fine. :)

My windows is installed on my SSD and i guess that might be the problem. I installed skyrim back on my HDD and it's fine now.

Yeap, SSD is causing problems to some people. There were few posts about it in my thread. I couldn't provide you concrete answer becuase I was occupied with some other stuff. Therefore I suggested to check my thread.

Anyway, I'm glad you solve it. :)

Moving Skyrim from SSD to HDD is not a very good solution because the loading screens will get longer. Especially if using hi-res texture mods. 

There is nothing that should prevent NMM from working correctly on an SSD - just make sure that the "install dir" in the NMM settings is on the same drive as the game. 

How do you install ENB via NMM? Maybe a preset, but the core ENB files? If it is now possible for NMM to write outside of the data directory that would be very helpful in modding Oblivion, for example.

Archived