Whiterun Crash

Cronos91

Hi all! I know that this issue has already been posted around web but I still can't figure out how to solve it. Basically I could not get to Whiterun because I had CTD when approaching the Pelagia Farm (with the Companions fighting the giant). I used the console command "coc Whiterunorigin" to teleport into the city successfully! I approached the jarl,I killed the dragon,I returned to Dragonsreach but when I go out I have CTD again! I waited 24 hours in-game and disabled Inconsequential NPCS,the official texture mod (I still have Skyrim HD and Vividian ENB) and all (I think) Whiterun mods. I can go out Dragonsreach but after a while I get CTD when walking among Whiterun's streets. I tried to make another character and starting in Bannered Mare using Alternate Start and still I have CTD when exiting the inn. Please note that before having issues on that character,I had hours and hours without having issues (except the occasional CTD). Any ideas how to solve this? I know that I am not providing logs or else but I don't know which file I should attach to this post. I thank you in advance!

Note: I have installed Skyrim HD (full version) recently via NMM so I don't know if it conflicted with another mod

Edit: I used "coc Riverwood" and then spent quite time in the inn. I used coc to return to whiterun and I had no CTD. I waited in the market area for 1 day or so and the CTD occurs in "daytime"... Something related to that "hour"? Maybe some graphic CTD?

One time I remember reading someone had a crash every time they went to Whiterun and the cause turned out to be a corrupted / bad mesh file. After updating the mod that added the mesh it was fixed for him. Maybe something similar is happening to you.

Try using the Skyrim HD Lite version. My PC specs are GTX 970ti 4gb, AMD FX4300 OC'd to 4.7ghz and I run the Lite version. When you combine 4k retextures with 'more npc mods' plus some 'town refurbishing mods' (e.g. Dawn Of Whiterun) and on top of this add an ENB; it is just too much. The full version of Skyrim HD is only really for pictures in my opinion or if you are running a beast of a machine (e.g, i5/i7 with a gtx 980ti). You might be having CTD's during the daytime because that is when there are a lot of npc's spawning in the morning and they are out and about. Stick with 2k retextures if you want playability. 4k for pictures and extreme beastly machines. Might also be useful to provide your load order using a spoiler tag. Do you crash in other larger cities too (e.g. Solitude) or is it Whiterun only? You can do a quick stability check by typing into the console: 'player.modav speedmult 200'. Also enable God Mode (type 'tgm' in console) so you don't die. You can then run around Skyrim fast and if you don't crash you know you are stable. I do this before every play-through to make sure my game runs smooth. You can increase the number if you want to run faster.

One time I remember reading someone had a crash every time they went to Whiterun and the cause turned out to be a corrupted / bad mesh file. After updating the mod that added the mesh it was fixed for him. Maybe something similar is happening to you.

I don't remember which mod I installed recently,maybe a bodyslide armor pack (I love Cleavage) and edited with bodyslide

it could be related to armor pack. ive had where armor pack would cause a ctd outside whiterun when the event for the gaint would pop but would also causse ctd everytime i went there.

Can this be a problem with I love Cleavage? I unistalled "A little sexy apparel replacer" via NMM and installed it manually. Then I have edited with bodyslide its clothes/armor

Try using the Skyrim HD Lite version. My PC specs are GTX 970ti 4gb, AMD FX4300 OC'd to 4.7ghz and I run the Lite version. When you combine 4k retextures with 'more npc mods' plus some 'town refurbishing mods' (e.g. Dawn Of Whiterun) and on top of this add an ENB; it is just too much. The full version of Skyrim HD is only really for pictures in my opinion or if you are running a beast of a machine (e.g, i5/i7 with a gtx 980ti). You might be having CTD's during the daytime because that is when there are a lot of npc's spawning in the morning and they are out and about. Stick with 2k retextures if you want playability. 4k for pictures and extreme beastly machines. Might also be useful to provide your load order using a spoiler tag. Do you crash in other larger cities too (e.g. Solitude) or is it Whiterun only? You can do a quick stability check by typing into the console: 'player.modav speedmult 200'. Also enable God Mode (type 'tgm' in console) so you don't die. You can then run around Skyrim fast and if you don't crash you know you are stable. I do this before every play-through to make sure my game runs smooth. You can increase the number if you want to run faster.

I can try that! Should I just "overwrite" textures with the Lite version or should I uninstall previous and install the lite?

@Cronos91

Depends you might have a bad bodyslide mesh that you made also armor/body can cause a crash when you enter the cell of the person with the body/armor if the person using the body/armor doesn't have a compatible skeleton so as soon as you enter that cell it's desktop time. Try turning a little sexy apparel replacer off and see if that is it if i love cleavage is also a armor replacer turn it off as well and see.

I don't remember which mod I installed recently,maybe a bodyslide armor pack (I love Cleavage) and edited with bodyslide

it could be related to armor pack. ive had where armor pack would cause a ctd outside whiterun when the event for the gaint would pop but would also causse ctd everytime i went there.

Can this be a problem with I love Cleavage? I unistalled "A little sexy apparel replacer" via NMM and installed it manually. Then I have edited with bodyslide its clothes/armor

I can try that! Should I just "overwrite" textures with the Lite version or should I uninstall previous and install the lite?

yep it was with i love cleavage armor i had the issue. but i got around it some way cant remember how. think i went in and replaced the armor that they spawned with with another or something.

yep it was with i love cleavage armor i had the issue. but i got around it some way cant remember how. think i went in and replaced the armor that they spawned with with another or something.

I have removed many of the I Love Cleavage armors and I have started a new game with another alternate start. Things are going smooth now! I have also removed "Beautiful Whiterun" just to be sure. So if anyone has this problem,just try what I did to "fix" this out! Thanks to anyone who has replied and helped me! Cheers :)

i had told the author of that mod about it and he ignored me. some mod authors dont take bug reports serously.

i think it was a mesh issue wtih that armor pack and not pack itself but i could never find what it was but i switched to uunp so i could get best of both cbbe and unp and allowoed me to go thru and easlity convert unp or cbbe armors to my body.

i had told the author of that mod about it and he ignored me. some mod authors dont take bug reports serously.

i think it was a mesh issue wtih that armor pack and not pack itself but i could never find what it was but i switched to uunp so i could get best of both cbbe and unp and allowoed me to go thru and easlity convert unp or cbbe armors to my body.

Yeah, those crashes drove me crazy! And the odd thing was that I crashed just near Whiterun! Thanks to your advice, I removed 90% of the ILC Armors but I have kept the clothes. Occasional Skyrim crash but nothing serious! A pity tho! I won't download any clothes replacer due to this problem... I just download stuff for my own character xD !

Archived