Custom armor for a follower mod?

heehatatt

Recently got a follower mod that came with its own body meshes. The mod came with a bodyslide preset and I've already created armor meshes for the npc's. Is there a way to get the npc's to use the newly created armor meshes, without replacing everyone else's?

Guest endgameaddiction

You'll have to open CK and add the armor in there and then add it to the follower. That would be replacing it with that armor. However, you can have both what she is wearing on and the newly armor in her inventory. Just depends which she prefers to wear. If she chooses to wear default, you'll have to take that one from her so that she equips the new armor.

This can be done in CK or TES5Edit.

You'll have to open CK and add the armor in there and then add it to the follower. That would be replacing it with that armor. However, you can have both what she is wearing on and the newly armor in her inventory. Just depends which she prefers to wear. If she chooses to wear default, you'll have to take that one from her so that she equips the new armor.

Is there a limit to how many armors can I add this way? I want to make it so that every outfit in the game that she might wear is using the armor meshes that correspond to her body mesh.

Also for future reference post your questions/problems in the area that they pertain to and not in the LL general section which has nothing to do with the games each area has their own section.

So noted, will do.

Guest endgameaddiction

Is there a limit to how many armors can I add this way? I want to make it so that every outfit in the game that she might wear is using the armor meshes that correspond to her body mesh.

I you should be fine as long as it's not too many. It all depends on their carry weight. Followers can only carry so much before they stop accepting stuff to carry. Otherwise you'll have to carry it for her.

But if you are unfamiliar with Radial Containers Reborn it's a very useful mod for rat packs such as myself. You can always use that to store follower gear without it taking up space on your carry weight.

I you should be fine as long as it's not too many. It all depends on their carry weight. Followers can only carry so much before they stop accepting stuff to carry. Otherwise you'll have to carry it for her.

But if you are unfamiliar with Radial Containers Reborn it's a very useful mod for rat packs such as myself. You can always use that to store follower gear without it taking up space on your carry weight.

I think I've found an easier way to do this. From looking in TesEdit I've found that the follower is using a custom race. I'm  assuming (hoping) that I'll be able to assign the separate armor meshes for that entire race.

Archived