Game broken: can't buy houses, Jarl doesn't know he is a Jarl, and so on, even on clean saves

Musje

when its spamming the log like that, ya its fucking shit up

that's where majority of my fixes come in becuz its spamming the logs and stopping other mods from functioning, if it worked right it would do its thing and i'd never know it was there, never need to suggest removing it

Show me a log where is spamming then? You have absolutely no proof and its ridiculous that every mod author I know endorses it and they know way more about it than you THINK you know. These people know what they're talking about, if something is wrong with the patches well it can happen but not to the extent you're suggesting and the amount of effort and time Arthmoor put into that mod I wont' let someone like you who doesn't know shit talk bad about it. 

You're hurting people with your misinformation educate yourself or come back with facts because as far as I am concerned I'll choose to believe the entirety of the community over some asshole who can't even admit when he is wrong.

EDIT FYI: also USLEEP is the unofficial patches merged and is the only mod being actively supported requires all DLC's.

ok i've only been fixing people's games over and over, but i don't know what i'm talking about so why don't you stick your foot in your mouth and go take a tally on how many people's games run better due to my help then get a clue

I have fixed several peoples games even went on teamviewer several times to help people :) I am not saying you absolutely don't know what you're talking about in a general sense but when it comes to the unofficial patches you CLEARLY have no clue.

i'll believe that when they quit showing up in people's logs breaking the game instead of fixing it

It's a master file of course its going to be showing up in the log lol and show me exactly where in the log it says its breaking the game? Just because its in the log doesn't mean its fucking shit up its not a crash log. Believe what? i mean your description of the mod was completely inaccurate lol you're telling me you still don't think you're wrong then you're in denial.

that's where majority of my fixes come in becuz its spamming the logs and stopping other mods from functioning, if it worked right it would do its thing and i'd never know it was there, never need to suggest removing it

Never seen any log where any unofficial patches or USLEEP has been the cause of any Log spamming, if we're talking about "helping people fix their games" I believe I've done enough of that to weigh in on this. Give proof to your arguments, show me exactly what you are saying it's "breaking" or fixing things that "don't need to be fixed". If you've helped around as much as you say you have, you should know exactly how broken a vanilla skyrim game is and from looking at the giant list of fixes in the Unofficial Skyrim patches, merged into what is now known as USLEEP. The game runs incomparably better and it has been recommended by every long term modder on here, the nexus and wherever else you want to look. Please do not spread false information, telling people to remove it because it's "broken", as that's just going to create more work for all the other people who help sort out problems and actually know what they're talking about.

[shrug] I haven't had an issue like that in longer than I remember. Plus it seems that most have no issues with USLEEP; I sure don't.  continue to recommend that people use it.

Anyway, given the symptoms, and given that they exist in a totally new game, with almost not mods installed, clearly the issue isn't a messed up saved, nor bad mods (at least not currently installed). So, all that remains is what I said: crap left over from who knows what.

The specific problems listed are all quests, and much of what makes up a quest is scripts. So at the very least, I'd go wipe anything in the scripts folder, then reinstall mods that are loose (as opposed to packed in BSA).

if usleep works better than uskp, somebody needs to inform the guide author advising users to get the individual patches:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43043-skyrim-modding-guide/

my only complaints have ever been towards uskp, so vaguely ever see usleep its either not out there enough or doesn't have the same issues

as i said here my issues were with uskp, not usleep

now you're both looking ignorant to say that uskp isn't spamming the logs

i'm gonna follow ffabris and unfollow this

Regardless of which you mean, I've never seen issues with either.

But that guide is outdated if it still says to use the individual patches, not because there's problems, but because they're no longer supported or updated.

Show me a log where is spamming then? You have absolutely no proof and its ridiculous that every mod author I know endorses it and they know way more about it than you THINK you know. These people know what they're talking about, if something is wrong with the patches well it can happen but not to the extent you're suggesting and the amount of effort and time Arthmoor put into that mod I wont' let someone like you who doesn't know shit talk bad about it. 

You're hurting people with your misinformation educate yourself or come back with facts because as far as I am concerned I'll choose to believe the entirety of the community over some asshole who can't even admit when he is wrong.

EDIT FYI: also USLEEP is the unofficial patches merged and is the only mod being actively supported requires all DLC's.

ok i've only been fixing people's games over and over, but i don't know what i'm talking about so why don't you stick your foot in your mouth and go take a tally on how many people's games run better due to my help then get a clue

I have fixed several peoples games even went on teamviewer several times to help people :) I am not saying you absolutely don't know what you're talking about in a general sense but when it comes to the unofficial patches you CLEARLY have no clue.

i'll believe that when they quit showing up in people's logs breaking the game instead of fixing it

It's a master file of course its going to be showing up in the log lol and show me exactly where in the log it says its breaking the game? Just because its in the log doesn't mean its fucking shit up its not a crash log. Believe what? i mean your description of the mod was completely inaccurate lol you're telling me you still don't think you're wrong then you're in denial.

Never seen any log where any unofficial patches or USLEEP has been the cause of any Log spamming, if we're talking about "helping people fix their games" I believe I've done enough of that to weigh in on this. Give proof to your arguments, show me exactly what you are saying it's "breaking" or fixing things that "don't need to be fixed". If you've helped around as much as you say you have, you should know exactly how broken a vanilla skyrim game is and from looking at the giant list of fixes in the Unofficial Skyrim patches, merged into what is now known as USLEEP. The game runs incomparably better and it has been recommended by every long term modder on here, the nexus and wherever else you want to look. Please do not spread false information, telling people to remove it because it's "broken", as that's just going to create more work for all the other people who help sort out problems and actually know what they're talking about.

[shrug] I haven't had an issue like that in longer than I remember. Plus it seems that most have no issues with USLEEP; I sure don't.  continue to recommend that people use it.

Anyway, given the symptoms, and given that they exist in a totally new game, with almost not mods installed, clearly the issue isn't a messed up saved, nor bad mods (at least not currently installed). So, all that remains is what I said: crap left over from who knows what.

The specific problems listed are all quests, and much of what makes up a quest is scripts. So at the very least, I'd go wipe anything in the scripts folder, then reinstall mods that are loose (as opposed to packed in BSA).

if usleep works better than uskp, somebody needs to inform the guide author advising users to get the individual patches:

my only complaints have ever been towards uskp, so vaguely ever see usleep its either not out there enough or doesn't have the same issues

But that guide is outdated if it still says to use the individual patches, not because there's problems, but because they're no longer supported or updated.

that's why your original reply to my post doesn't give you credit as having looked into other user's logs enough to see uskp is bad for that, read logs from users having issues with scripted mods not running proper with those patches in there spamming up their logs

This doesn't seem to be related to the DLC patches, but who knows?

Do you have latest version of LAL? I had some problems with quest starts on a version right before the one that is on nexxus now, it' s 3-1-2 that seems to work fine but I haven't started at falkreath with it yet.

LAL is at 3-1-2.

I hate to ask such a question, but did you disable your Steam cloud?

Probably not since I don;t know what that is... do you mean the Steam client?  And how does that affect the game?

I decided to reinstall.  I suspect I messed things up and overwrote a script or something when I set up the development environment. That is more of a black art than a process...

I got all my mods ready with a detailed install journal from last time, so this will take me maybe 2 hours or so, not too bad! I've installed almost everything except the follower mods (loads of those, I love variety).  So far so good: if I start a LAL game in the Falkreath inn and run to the Jarl, he is a jarl and sits on his throne, unlike in my broken install. Doing 5-10 mods at a time and then another fresh start to test. Then I will reinstall the dev environment after taking a snapshot of the data folder.

My advice: if you're going to reinstall the game at some point, keep all your mod files handy in a folder, and keep an istallation journal. That makes it a lot easier to retrace your steps or to do another reinstall further down along the line. I kept the journal up to date with any change or tweak as well, which makes it a lot easier to reproduce my last install. And hopefully I will find out what went wrong.

"as i said here my issues were with uskp, not usleep

i'm gonna follow ffabris and unfollow this"

Notice the FYI I posted thats for you btw, USKP is integrated merged combined put together married they are the same thing. Only it has been further updated and as far as the last version of USKP is concerned it is perfectly safe to use. Again show me where it is spamming logs please and also alternatively show me where that is messing up the game.

"that's why your original reply to my post doesn't give you credit as having looked into other user's logs enough to see uskp is bad for that, read logs from users having issues with scripted mods not running proper with those patches in there spamming up their logs"

Why do I need to look for anything? You're the one who apparently knows what to look for and loves helping people out but no you're just going to bow out of the debate without admitting anything lol I love people like you who can never admit to being wrong.

THIS CONVERSATION TL;DR

YOU: Thomas is a complete asshole!!

ME: No he is not why do you think that?

YOU: Find out for yourself I know more about it than you

ME: But everyone seems to love him can you show me why you think hes an asshole?

YOU: I don't care you're ignorant find out yourself I am outta here.

I would say that if someone is having a problem with USLEEP I would say 90% of those are probably caused by operator error and if it's spamming the logs more in likely it's something else they installed that is causing it to spam. I have used the patches and have never had a problem with them ever.

that's why your original reply to my post doesn't give you credit as having looked into other user's logs enough to see uskp is bad for that, read logs from users having issues with scripted mods not running proper with those patches in there spamming up their logs

Oh please, you're just trying to point out a scapegoat culprit to issues you know nothing about. USKP is not bad, you're just too lazy to look into things and decided to just pick on something that EVERY SINGLE MODDER USES. The patches do not cause problems, as someone else said here, it's always either user error, or something conflicting with the patch, I.E a mod that's actually broken. Not the patches themselves. You've yet to provide proof to your point, which makes it invalid. Trying to dodge the request for proof with "look for yourself" does not work. You can shoo now.

"as i said here my issues were with uskp, not usleep

i'm gonna follow ffabris and unfollow this"

Notice the FYI I posted thats for you btw, USKP is integrated merged combined put together married they are the same thing. Only it has been further updated and as far as the last version of USKP is concerned it is perfectly safe to use. Again show me where it is spamming logs please and also alternatively show me where that is messing up the game.

"that's why your original reply to my post doesn't give you credit as having looked into other user's logs enough to see uskp is bad for that, read logs from users having issues with scripted mods not running proper with those patches in there spamming up their logs"

Why do I need to look for anything? You're the one who apparently knows what to look for and loves helping people out but no you're just going to bow out of the debate without admitting anything lol I love people like you who can never admit to being wrong.

THIS CONVERSATION TL;DR

YOU: Thomas is a complete asshole!!

ME: No he is not why do you think that?

YOU: Find out for yourself I know more about it than you

ME: But everyone seems to love him can you show me why you think hes an asshole?

YOU: I don't care you're ignorant find out yourself I am outta here.

no i left the thread because the thread was going nowhere with your worthless debate, we'd already discussed thru messages that the user had decided to reinstall regardless of the post

i don't see the point in waisting my time to debate this, i came here to help people not to debate the trashy mod you worship, its not even your mod yet you still set it on such a pedestal did you bring it flowers today

here, i'll spam the thread with it you so desire

ERROR: Property PortalFX on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (00028AD5) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property EffectsRemoval on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0207D8B6) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DarklightDoor on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000387B9) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPForswornToggle on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPForswornToggle on script QF_FreeformKolskeggrA_0001FD72 attached to FreeformKolskeggrA (0001FD72) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property Initiate2Alias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias Initiate2Alias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property Initiate1Alias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias Initiate1Alias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest4 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A73) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust5 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848E) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest5 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A74) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest2 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A71) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest7 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A76) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest8 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A77) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust4 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest1 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A70) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MasterMaskChest on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0203B9F3) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust2 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8488) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest3 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A72) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest6 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A75) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust7 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8492) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust1 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8486) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust3 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848A) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust6 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8490) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust8 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8494) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property CiceroAlias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias CiceroEndGameAlias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property SlaveValue on script phhshhunteroperation attached to PHHSHHunter (3E012861) cannot be initialized because the value is the incorrect type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (000D5811) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0190000F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (0001B123) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F5249) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPPOHQDisableMarker on script USKP_QF_ChangeLocation03_0200778B attached to USKPChangeLocation03 (0211778B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02014C8C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPMarksContainerRef on script uskpretroactive126script attached to USKPRetroactive126 (02025354) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02008B6F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] warning: Property conversationGlobal on script FacelightMCM attached to FLP_Quest (3A000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (000D2C9E) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0190000F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (0002C90F) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000E4B4F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPBalgruufSwordDisplay on script uskpretroactive200script attached to USKPRetroactive200 (02051CB5) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02058EE4) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPQueenSwordRef on script uskpretroactive206script attached to USKPRetroactive206 (0204C7DF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0204D81D) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property BrandSheiREF on script uskponload02script attached to USKPRetroactive103 (0202C823) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (00019DDC) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (0001B131) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02003311) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property collarPostureLeatherRendered on script zadlibs attached to zadQuest (1100F624) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (11047003) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (000198F8) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000DEF3F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPDraugrEnableMarker on script QF_FreeformSoljundsSinkholeA_0006136B attached to FreeformSoljundsSinkholeA (0006136B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0200E695) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPRomlynJailMarker on script USKP_QF_ChangeLocation12_0206008A attached to USKPChangeLocation12 (0216008A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02058EE0) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property ViarmoREF on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000198CB) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property TGRealPitcher on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000E8F04) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property KolskeggrSpawns on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPDraugrEnableMarker on script uskpretroactive125script attached to USKPRetroactive125 (0201E696) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0200E695) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property ActualPortal on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0005E3DF) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property PortalFX on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (00028AD5) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property EffectsRemoval on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0207D8B6) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property DarklightDoor on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000387B9) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:19PM] ERROR: Property USKPForswornToggle on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property USKPPOHQDisableMarker on script USKP_QF_ChangeLocation03_0200778B attached to USKPChangeLocation03 (0211778B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02014C8C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property ViarmoREF on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000198CB) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property TGRealPitcher on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000E8F04) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property KolskeggrSpawns on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] warning: Property conversationGlobal on script FacelightMCM attached to FLP_Quest (3A000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (000D2C9E) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0190000F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (0002C90F) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000E4B4F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (000198BE) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (00086176) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property USKPBalgruufSwordDisplay on script uskpretroactive200script attached to USKPRetroactive200 (02051CB5) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02058EE4) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property Initiate2Alias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias Initiate2Alias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property Initiate1Alias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias Initiate1Alias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest4 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A73) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust5 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848E) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest5 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A74) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest2 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A71) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest7 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A76) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest8 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A77) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust4 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest1 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A70) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MasterMaskChest on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0203B9F3) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust2 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8488) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest3 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A72) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest6 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A75) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust7 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8492) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust1 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8486) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust3 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848A) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust6 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8490) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust8 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8494) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property CiceroAlias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias CiceroEndGameAlias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property USKPQueenSwordRef on script uskpretroactive206script attached to USKPRetroactive206 (0204C7DF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0204D81D) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property collarPostureLeatherRendered on script zadlibs attached to zadQuest (1100F624) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (11047003) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property USKPDraugrEnableMarker on script QF_FreeformSoljundsSinkholeA_0006136B attached to FreeformSoljundsSinkholeA (0006136B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0200E695) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property USKPMarksContainerRef on script uskpretroactive126script attached to USKPRetroactive126 (02025354) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02008B6F) is not the right type

<note these spaces are where other mods tried to do their thing and interuped yet again by more from uskp>>

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property USKPMaskStorageChest on script dunLabyrinthianUltraMaskBustSCRIPT attached to  (000F8497) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0203B9F3) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:42:20PM] ERROR: Property BrandSheiREF on script uskponload02script attached to USKPRetroactive103 (0202C823) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (00019DDC) is not the right type

ERROR: Property USKPDraugrEnableMarker on script uskpretroactive125script attached to USKPRetroactive125 (0201E696) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0200E695) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPBalgruufSwordDisplay on script QF_FreeformWhiterunQuest03_000946FD attached to FreeformWhiterunQuest03 (000946FD) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02058EE4) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property ActualPortal on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0005E3DF) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property PortalFX on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because  (00028AD5) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property EffectsRemoval on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0207D8B6) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property DarklightDoor on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000387B9) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPForswornToggle on script uskpretroactive201script attached to USKPRetroactive201 (020946CF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPForswornToggle on script QF_FreeformKolskeggrA_0001FD72 attached to FreeformKolskeggrA (0001FD72) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property SlaveValue on script phhshhunteroperation attached to PHHSHHunter (3E012861) cannot be initialized because the value is the incorrect type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPDummyActivator on script QF_dunStonehillBarrowQST_000CF915 attached to dunFrostmereCryptQST (000CF915) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000CF942) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (000D5811) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0190000F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property ReleaseMarker on script pahslave attached to alias slave on quest PAH (0E01FAEF) cannot be bound because  (00015DFD) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (0001B123) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F5249) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPPOHQDisableMarker on script USKP_QF_ChangeLocation03_0200778B attached to USKPChangeLocation03 (0211778B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02014C8C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property TGRealPitcher on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000E8F04) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property KolskeggrSpawns on script uskponload04ascript attached to USKPRetroactive11 (0202EE20) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0201F384) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] warning: Property conversationGlobal on script FacelightMCM attached to FLP_Quest (3A000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (000D2C9E) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0190000F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPBalgruufSwordDisplay on script uskpretroactive200script attached to USKPRetroactive200 (02051CB5) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02058EE4) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property Initiate2Alias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias Initiate2Alias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property Initiate1Alias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias Initiate1Alias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest4 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A73) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust5 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848E) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest5 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A74) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest2 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A71) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest7 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A76) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest8 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A77) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust4 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest1 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A70) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MasterMaskChest on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0203B9F3) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust2 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8488) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest3 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A72) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskChest6 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02077A75) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust7 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8492) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust1 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8486) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust3 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F848A) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust6 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8490) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property MaskBust8 on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F8494) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property CiceroAlias on script uskpretroactive204script attached to USKPRetroactive204 (02012C3A) cannot be bound because alias CiceroEndGameAlias on quest DarkBrotherhood (0001EA5C) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPDraugrEnableMarker on script QF_FreeformSoljundsSinkholeA_0006136B attached to FreeformSoljundsSinkholeA (0006136B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0200E695) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPQueenSwordRef on script uskpretroactive206script attached to USKPRetroactive206 (0204C7DF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0204D81D) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property collarPostureLeatherRendered on script zadlibs attached to zadQuest (1100F624) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (11047003) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property DeathContainer on script WIDeadBodyCleanupScript attached to  (0001B138) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (000F93DE) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPMarksContainerRef on script uskpretroactive126script attached to USKPRetroactive126 (02025354) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02008B6F) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPMaskStorageChest on script dunLabyrinthianUltraMaskBustSCRIPT attached to  (000F8497) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0203B9F3) is not the right type

[03/28/2016 - 10:45:14PM] ERROR: Property USKPRomlynJailMarker on script USKP_QF_ChangeLocation12_0206008A attached to USKPChangeLocation12 (0216008A) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (02058EE0) is not the right type

Oh please, you're just trying to point out a scapegoat culprit to issues you know nothing about. USKP is not bad, you're just too lazy to look into things and decided to just pick on something that EVERY SINGLE MODDER USES. The patches do not cause problems, as someone else said here, it's always either user error, or something conflicting with the patch, I.E a mod that's actually broken. Not the patches themselves. You've yet to provide proof to your point, which makes it invalid. Trying to dodge the request for proof with "look for yourself" does not work. You can shoo now.

i'd already left the thread, above, you keep calling me back to debate this some more so the proof is above this post for you now

learn to read the logs better, that's quite alot of shit there...

uskpretroactive204script

This error is related to the above and occurs when a script has been set to attach to the wrong type of object (ie: a Quest script on an Objectrefence, etc.) and thus cannot be properly enabled by the game. If it's a well known mod (like the USKP in this instance) the cause is almost always going to be a conflict from another mod which has overwritten some of the data needed by the game. It can also be caused by the save game retaining data from an uninstalled mod. On rare occasions, authors may do this deliberately, but it has not been demonstrated to behave properly and may lead to errors in cases where that's been done.

I'll say this again its not a crash log and since the uskp is a bugfixing mod it edits and fixes (whether you believe that) problems left over that bethesda hasn't fixed. If you think that bethesda's vanilla game isn't chalk full of bugs then you're completely wrong.

no i left the thread because the thread was going nowhere with your worthless debate, we'd already discussed thru messages that the user had decided to reinstall regardless of the post

i don't see the point in waisting my time to debate this, i came here to help people not to debate the trashy mod you worship, its not even your mod yet you still set it on such a pedestal did you bring it flowers today

Listen here you little shit you're on a site full of modders I don't think you have any right to call anyone's mod "trashy" for one learn some respect if you don't like the mod fine so be it I will not convince you otherwise, but I will not stand by as you spread misinformation if you want to leave idc but you wanna debate i'll be here all day. It's not my mod but I have a huge respect for the guy as I do most modders who have put in that extra effort to make Skyrim a better game.

those patches were made for dirty content, they were made t "patch things, having already cleaned things the right way thru tesedit you've eliminated the need for those patches and made them a conflict:

they can't fix something that's not broken

Still makes me laugh how badly you misrepresented the mod and what it does.

learn to read the logs better

Please you don't even know what it means and you have given zero context to this log if you haven't noticed this has already been reported to Arthmoor but I doubt you care that it's not on USKP's end.

i'd already left the thread, above, you keep calling me back to debate this some more so the proof is above this post for you now

I continue to debate this because you're a piece of trash trying to discredit a very well made mod and acting so damn high and mighty about it, made by a very hard working modder, when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You provide an extract of a log without context, without any information about what's running and without an understanding of if the problem was even caused by USKP and not user error or mod conflict.

If anyone needs to "learn to read logs better" it's you, because you are clearly illiterate, seeing as how you don't know even the most basic of things and don't even understand what the unofficial patches even do.

I thought the unofficial skyrim patches were pretty much mandatory, doesn;t everyone install these? Loot recommends them as well.

Oh, by "clean save", I actually meant "fresh start".  I once ran the game by disabling all mods except the DLC + patches, FNIS, SkyUI and Live another Life, and started a fresh game.  What I do:

• Create a character
  • Choose "I am the patron of an inn" or some such, then pick Falkreath
  • After spawning in the inn I run to the Jarl's place.

The result: on my work computer (not really suitable for playing) he is called "Jarl Siddgeir" and sits on his throne.  On my game computer he is called "Siddgeir" and he is baking cookies in the kitchen. Same result if I start a new game with all mods except the ones I mentioned above disable. :(  And I tried just now with all mods disabled except the highres textures, the DLC, and the unofficial skyrim patch bot not the patches for the DLC, and LAL.  Same result.

I guess something got overwritten. And I didn't install any weird mod (or one that I haven't used before). What may be happened is taht I overwrote something while setting up the development environment? At some point I had to unpack a rar file full of source from the game, maybe that messed things up?

The quest that determines who is Jarl of a particular city is Dialogue <city name> using the Alias 'Jarl'. All the AI packages and factions for the Jarl's position are included with that Alias so if they are no longer listed in it for whatever reason they won't do what they should.

Some things you can do in game to see if the Alias has been cleared ti do this in the console:

sqv DialogueFalkreath          -- This will give the properties for the quest including the aliases

post-101267-0-95019600-1459386983_thumb.jpg

If you look at the screenshot you will see that REF Jarl  has an ID with it, that should be Siddgeir at the start of the game. If it says NONE then something has cleared the alias or the quest did not start properly. I am using the individual patches, the Skyrim patch version I have is v2.0.7 currently and have not cleaned them using TESVEdit nor have I cleaned any other mods.

You can do the same thing with the other cities, just replace the city name in the SQV command I used above.

To check what mods change the aliases you should open your entire load order in TESVEdit, find the quest used in the sqv command and see if any other mods changed that quest. Easiest way to find it is in the Skyrim esm, expand to the quest section and sort by Editor ID, it should be in alphabetical order then. FYI, the patch I am using does not change that quest nor did Alternate Start v3.1.0

As far as using the individual patches or the combined one (USLEEP) that is your choice but I highly recommend NEVER updating these unless you plan on starting a new game. Changes made in the new version of the patches may not work correctly due to changed scripts, aliases or other things and cause broken scripts and quests.

uskpretroactive204script

This error is related to the above and occurs when a script has been set to attach to the wrong type of object (ie: a Quest script on an Objectrefence, etc.) and thus cannot be properly enabled by the game. If it's a well known mod (like the USKP in this instance) the cause is almost always going to be a conflict from another mod which has overwritten some of the data needed by the game. It can also be caused by the save game retaining data from an uninstalled mod. On rare occasions, authors may do this deliberately, but it has not been demonstrated to behave properly and may lead to errors in cases where that's been done.

I'll say this again its not a crash log and since the uskp is a bugfixing mod it edits and fixes (whether you believe that) problems left over that bethesda hasn't fixed. If you think that bethesda's vanilla game isn't chalk full of bugs then you're completely wrong.

Listen here you little shit you're on a site full of modders I don't think you have any right to call anyone's mod "trashy" for one learn some respect if you don't like the mod fine so be it I will not convince you otherwise, but I will not stand by as you spread misinformation if you want to leave idc but you wanna debate i'll be here all day. It's not my mod but I have a huge respect for the guy as I do most modders who have put in that extra effort to make Skyrim a better game.

those patches were made for dirty content, they were made t "patch things, having already cleaned things the right way thru tesedit you've eliminated the need for those patches and made them a conflict:

Please you don't even know what it means and you have given zero context to this log if you haven't noticed this has already been reported to Arthmoor but I doubt you care that it's not on USKP's end.

i have full respect when somebody doesn't pop into a thread just to talk shit

you want to talk shit you need to earn that respect

site full of modders indeed, while you're looking for more threads you can flame, i'm out helping it's users

I continue to debate this because you're a piece of trash trying to discredit a very well made mod and acting so damn high and mighty about it, made by a very hard working modder, when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You provide an extract of a log without context, without any information about what's running and without an understanding of if the problem was even caused by USKP and not user error or mod conflict.

If anyone needs to "learn to read logs better" it's you, because you are clearly illiterate, seeing as how you don't know even the most basic of things and don't even understand what the unofficial patches even do.

you keep talking trash look in the mirror, i don't get my rocks off talking shit like you people here, i came to this thread to help a user as i've helped many many others

obviously you missed the biggest spam in the logs, but you're still going to point at somebody else to make this site trashy more

site full of modders indeed, while you're looking for more threads you can flame, i'm out helping it's users

Go ahead disregard everything I have said I don't care you're still wrong and have yet to prove anything :)

I wasn't talking shit you said "really i've seen enough problems caused by those patches" so I debated why you thought that because I know you're wrong and I didn't want you helping with your misinformation. I need to earn respect from you? Uhh no thanks you can't even have an intelligent debate and yes its a site full of modders so don't go around calling other peoples mod's trashy when you have no evidence to back it up. Again you're the one being rude and I don't go on these forums to flame people, if I was doing that I wouldn't want someone as stubborn as you.

You can't even admit you're alive if I were to say you were that's how stubborn you're.

CliftonJD do you like skyrim? lets see if you can even answer this question I am very doubtful as you have avoided everyone thus far XD

Go ahead disregard everything I have said I don't care you're still wrong and have yet to prove anything :)

I wasn't talking shit you said "really i've seen enough problems caused by those patches" so I debated why you thought that because I know you're wrong and I didn't want you helping with your misinformation. I need to earn respect from you? Uhh no thanks you can't even have an intelligent debate and yes its a site full of modders so don't go around calling other peoples mod's trashy when you have no evidence to back it up. Again you're the one being rude and I don't go on these forums to flame people, if I was doing that I wouldn't want someone as stubborn as you.

You can't even admit you're alive if I were to say you were that's how stubborn you're.

CliftonJD do you like skyrim? lets see if you can even answer this question I am very doubtful as you have avoided everyone thus far XD

obviously i proved my point, the only misinformation here is that you gave an excuse for the bugs in the logs clearly from uskp, you couldn't admit it was busted, so we're both wasting our time here, you think everythings fine and i see a mod spamming up the logs

uskpretroactive204script

you keep talking trash look in the mirror, i don't get my rocks off talking shit like you people here, i came to this thread to help a user as i've helped many many others

obviously you missed the biggest spam in the logs, but you're still going to point at somebody else to make this site trashy more

You can't call feeding people false information "Help".

I think they need to nuke this thread and be done with it as I see almost nothing but pointless crap that isn't even helping with the OP's questions.

Instead of posting the obvious and complaining, go tell someone to do it. The blame is shared, but as long as he continues to spout nonsense people will continue to reply.

There is a thing called the block option if you don't like what someone is saying use it and they disappear problem solved.

That doesn't solve anything, that's just running away.

Like I said, instead of walking around the drama on your high horse talking about how it should be "nuked", just go ask someone to do it. Otherwise, just leave it be.

Blocking isn't running it's removing trolls. Why feed the troll and become one when you can remove them and move on.

Your definition is a bit iffy, I don't see how it removes anyone. I'm pretty sure anyone who gets blocked, can just make a new account if they felt like it.

Considering this situation, blocking IS running, as they will continue to post regardless of whether I can see it or not. An example would be then talking in a room and me just walking out of the room and they just continue talking, which like I said before, fixes nothing.

Please stop preaching about your band aid fix, I've made it clear that I'm not blocking, not going to stop if he replies back to me unless this thread is closed/removed.

If that displeases you, feel free to take your own advice and block everyone here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought the unofficial skyrim patches were pretty much mandatory, doesn;t everyone install these? Loot recommends them as well.

Oh, by "clean save", I actually meant "fresh start".  I once ran the game by disabling all mods except the DLC + patches, FNIS, SkyUI and Live another Life, and started a fresh game.  What I do:

• Create a character

The result: on my work computer (not really suitable for playing) he is called "Jarl Siddgeir" and sits on his throne.  On my game computer he is called "Siddgeir" and he is baking cookies in the kitchen. Same result if I start a new game with all mods except the ones I mentioned above disable. :(  And I tried just now with all mods disabled except the highres textures, the DLC, and the unofficial skyrim patch bot not the patches for the DLC, and LAL.  Same result.

I guess something got overwritten. And I didn't install any weird mod (or one that I haven't used before). What may be happened is taht I overwrote something while setting up the development environment? At some point I had to unpack a rar file full of source from the game, maybe that messed things up?

The quest that determines who is Jarl of a particular city is Dialogue <city name> using the Alias 'Jarl'. All the AI packages and factions for the Jarl's position are included with that Alias so if they are no longer listed in it for whatever reason they won't do what they should.

Some things you can do in game to see if the Alias has been cleared ti do this in the console:

sqv DialogueFalkreath          -- This will give the properties for the quest including the aliases

attachicon.gif20160330211600_1.jpg

If you look at the screenshot you will see that REF Jarl  has an ID with it, that should be Siddgeir at the start of the game. If it says NONE then something has cleared the alias or the quest did not start properly. I am using the individual patches, the Skyrim patch version I have is v2.0.7 currently and have not cleaned them using TESVEdit nor have I cleaned any other mods.

You can do the same thing with the other cities, just replace the city name in the SQV command I used above.

To check what mods change the aliases you should open your entire load order in TESVEdit, find the quest used in the sqv command and see if any other mods changed that quest. Easiest way to find it is in the Skyrim esm, expand to the quest section and sort by Editor ID, it should be in alphabetical order then. FYI, the patch I am using does not change that quest nor did Alternate Start v3.1.0

As far as using the individual patches or the combined one (USLEEP) that is your choice but I highly recommend NEVER updating these unless you plan on starting a new game. Changes made in the new version of the patches may not work correctly due to changed scripts, aliases or other things and cause broken scripts and quests.

I tried that and also poked around in my save to see if the quest references were getting filled.Eveything did look ok though. I ended up just reinstalling everything and the problem went away.

• Create a character

attachicon.gif20160330211600_1.jpg

I tried that and also poked around in my save to see if the quest references were getting filled.Eveything did look ok though. I ended up just reinstalling everything and the problem went away.

Glad you were able to sort things out, sorry for not being of more help and for the mess.

But yes, you should 100% use USLEEP. (Unofficial Skyrim legendary edition patch).

Archived